Not that I know of. They will still be around for a few more years yet. Have you tried routes such as Ibiza, Malaga, Alicante and Turkish routes as those are routes they regularly use them on?
Try the 5pm ish MAN PMI or MAN IBZ.

MAN-IBZ at a weekend. MAN TFS on the morning. If you can get a ticket on them.

Thank you both. I have looked at a huge number now and all I am seeing are A321N seat maps! Makes me wonder whether there will be a massive displacement of 738s from MAN too as there are very few 738s on the seat maps for 2024 summer. I will keep looking.

Perhaps the 757s will be reserve capacity and charter? I know Jet2 have contracts with some cruise lines to provide flights for cruise packages. I also noticed G-LSAK the other day operated the LS1224 BHX to Faro. It ferried from MAN and operated with a several hour delay, perhaps suggesting that certain 757s are held as reserve to rescue other a/c when they go tech? Makes sense as they owned so there are no lease fees to pay, plus they have more seats than anything else in the fleet bar the A332s so could carry a full load of any other fleet mate, bar perhaps an A321's cargo containers. Perhaps as the fleet thins out they will take on a more niche roll? Just food for thought, but would be interested in the views of those more clued up.

Are you test booking flight only?

A massive amount of flights on the website are now hidden as they are holiday only bookings, it’s possible MAN 757 flights are block booked already by the sister company jet2 holidays.

Full 757 retirement is scheduled for 2026 so still time left to see them.

FYI the 321neo’s will be bulk loaded and not use containers to keep commonality with the rest of the fleet.

Jet 2 never seem to reach to movement levels of Ryanair and easyjet despite the higher number of based a/c. Their schedules are never as tight as the other 2 carriers and the A330's will require longer turn-round times. Also, I'm not sure if they have 1 or more spare a/c based.
On a busy day there’s atleast 1x B752 and 1x B738 spare.

I’d eat a cake. Big investment which I don’t see. He says they’ve not ruled out long haul - correct. But then they’ve said there’s so much more to do in Europe.

A330 sells the canaries traffic helps growth in market share.

I’d say Egypt is coming.

A order for a330 will come with announcement of long haul.

Further post - the A330 is staying for winter 23/24. It stayed for winter 19/20. It’s hardly news.

A order for a330 will come with announcement of long haul.

They had a few A321CEOs in the fleet before ordering the NEO, so they seem to like trying something with low risk/commitment first before committing. I imagine if they were interested in long haul they'd try it out first with the Air Tanker/leased A330, then if it works for them order aircraft to make it permanent.

As you say, Jet2 have said there is plenty left in Europe (and shorthaul i.e. Egypt/Morocco/etc) before looking to long haul.

I don’t seen them offering winter only type long haul holidays to then go back to short to medium in summer. It’s a waste of investment - the infrastructure required for the company to cope with this.

I agree New York but that was to utilise a bone idle (or idle) 757 fleet in Winter. Long haul holidays for a season is different beast.

Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia. Plus the announcement says Iceland, slops and city programme to be released later on. Nothing about new destinations.

I don’t seen them offering winter only type long haul holidays to then go back to short to medium in summer. It’s a waste of investment - the infrastructure required for the company to cope with this.

I agree New York but that was to utilise a bone idle (or idle) 757 fleet in Winter. Long haul holidays for a season is different beast.

Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia. Plus the announcement says Iceland, slops and city programme to be released later on. Nothing about new destinations.
I suppose it depends on whether they would be busy enough destinations to keep an A330 occupied. The suggestion is that the A330 schedule is light and that rumours are that a British holiday company has been looking for hotel beds in the Caribbean
Personally though i think Jet2 would potentially be missing a component and that's cruise packages. TUI and Virgin (P&O) both have those that adds extra passengers to the flights and in the case of TUI you can mix and match the 2.

They never seemed to have trouble in the first winter. Shouldn’t see a problem for successive.

A light flying programme?! What I can see it’s for Wednesday off. Rest of the week it’s busy doing flights. Changes throughout each month.

One wonders if they might look at Christmas flights to New York (Newark) again. Before they axed NY they were using the A330 from most bases that they to New York from except for LBA which used the 757. They proved popular but obviously there comes risks with doing trans Atlantic flights (diversions, tech aircraft Ect)

Looks like they were wrong. Again ... 😂🙃
Few things.

(Wrong) Again? Feed is pretty accurate with 99% confirmed news so what is often ‘wrong’ that you comment in such a way? Least you could do is elaborate on your post.

The airline did say ‘more exciting news to come’, it’s in the press releases around the time they launched the first phase of W24. So that bits not wrong.

They are keeping the A330 over winter. So that bits not Not wrong.

At the time of posting the A332 schedule did look light, with plenty of gaps, so that bit wasn’t wrong.

A British Company is looking at hotel beds in the Caribbean, that hasn’t been proven wrong yet given it’s speculation for 2024 and last I checked, we’re still in 2023.

The only thing in the tweets that could be considered ‘wrong’ was the ‘wondering’ if it could have been linked to Jet2. At no points do the tweets state it definitely is Jet2, so your being unduly harsh to be honest.

Few things.

(Wrong) Again? Feed is pretty accurate with 99% confirmed news so what is often ‘wrong’ that you comment in such a way? Least you could do is elaborate on your post.
Sometimes the feed is accurate. Sometimes it's just wild speculation and well ... rumour mill.

The airline did say ‘more exciting news to come’, it’s in the press releases around the time they launched the first phase of W24. So that bits not wrong.

More exciting news to come means anything. A new route from somewhere else with the destination already served by other bases. Or a new route to winter sun for example Egypt or Morocco. Just because it states more exciting news to come does not mean long haul. But of course everyone seems to think that these days...

They are keeping the A330 over winter. So that bits not Not wrong.

At the time of posting the A332 schedule did look light, with plenty of gaps, so that bit wasn’t wrong.

It's no secret the most profitable time for airlines over winter is the December period is Christmas and New Year. From looking at seat reservation maps I wouldn't call what they have planned light for the A330. Yes it's not doing an early morning and afternoon flights like in summer but it's definitely not light by any stretch of the imagination. Even take away the Christmas period it's still busy.

It's also not the first time Jet2 operated the A330 over the winter period ... all be it last time they had the New York stuff to keep it a little busier. But it was coming back off a New York 7am and back to Tenerife at 9am.

A British Company is looking at hotel beds in the Caribbean, that hasn’t been proven wrong yet given it’s speculation for 2024 and last I checked, we’re still in 2023.

Could be anyone. Virgin holidays anyone?

The only thing in the tweets that could be considered ‘wrong’ was the ‘wondering’ if it could have been linked to Jet2. At no points do the tweets state it definitely is Jet2, so your being unduly harsh to be honest.

Some clues - so it wasn't wondering. It pretty much telling us that was happening. Just like the A330NEO order last week which I'm yet to see come to fruition. Pigs on final approach anyone?

Sometimes the feed is accurate. Sometimes it's just wild speculation and well ... rumour mill.

More exciting news to come means anything. A new route from somewhere else with the destination already served by other bases. Or a new route to winter sun for example Egypt or Morocco. Just because it states more exciting news to come does not mean long haul. But of course everyone seems to think that these days...

It's no secret the most profitable time for airlines over winter is the December period is Christmas and New Year. From looking at seat reservation maps I wouldn't call what they have planned light for the A330. Yes it's not doing an early morning and afternoon flights like in summer but it's definitely not light by any stretch of the imagination. Even take away the Christmas period it's still busy.

It's also not the first time Jet2 operated the A330 over the winter period ... all be it last time they had the New York stuff to keep it a little busier. But it was coming back off a New York 7am and back to Tenerife at 9am.

Could be anyone. Virgin holidays anyone?

Some clues - so it wasn't wondering. It pretty much telling us that was happening. Just like the A330NEO order last week which I'm yet to see come to fruition. Pigs on final approach anyone?
I think you are looking for problems when there weren’t any. The feed made it clear it was speculation and nothing more. Again that feed is more accurate than you are giving it credit for, you’ve taken issue with one post amongst the many correct ones so I still think your being unduly harsh. I suppose you get it right 100% of the time then do you? You’ve never once speculated at all? No?

I think you are looking for problems when there weren’t any. The feed made it clear it was speculation and nothing more.

The post give clues as if they knew something. Knew what exactly? That Jet2 are keeping a sole A330,w which as I keep repeating and did several times during long haul speculation, not a couple and they did this 2019-2020. Operating long haul is a different ball game all together. What happens when it goes wrong? Jet2 cannot just launch an aircraft or 2 to rescue 300 odd passengers like it can with operating to Tenerife or Lanzarote.

As I've already stated, Jet2 keeping a A330 means nothing in terms of long haul. They did so in 2019 and they used it to do the New York runs with assistance of the 757 fleet also. This was due to the retirements within the 757 fleet at that time.

Running a handful of flights to New York is different to what this poster/twitter account is alluding to which is long haul. And specifically only in the winter months.

Again that feed is more accurate than you are giving it credit for, you’ve taken issue with one post amongst the many correct ones so I still think your being unduly harsh. I suppose you get it right 100% of the time then do you? You’ve never once speculated at all? No?

I speculate that Egypt and Morocco will be coming. Within the next 2/3 years and actually with that "exciting news to come" I wouldn't be surprised to see that announced. Am I wrong sometimes? Yes. But do I allude to something based on the airline keeping a sole A330 when I know that they'll just operate to the canaries with it? No. Not like this account.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock