Don't forget that the new Thomas Cook Holidays route to Enfidha-Tunisia starts next Tuesday, May 21st with the weekly flights to be operated by Nouvelair Tunis Airbus A320 as follows.

BJ8226 = NBE 16:05 - LBA 19:15 / BJ8227 = LBA 20:15 - NBE 23:35

Also it looks like Thomas Cook Holidays has done a deal for seat allocation with Tui Holiday Group for this summer 2019 season, as its now selling holidays from Leeds/Bradford using the Tui operated flight to Corfu (Fri) & Palma-Majorca (Tue & Sat)

Last edited:
Just been on TV TC have announced a 1.5bn half-year loss.
Shares on Friday fell to 11.75p, down 91.5% on the year, city analyst put a zero value on the shares and the "material uncertainties" comment from the auditors and their view that the company only has enough capital to see out this month, must surely deter any customer in buying a TC holiday.
It must be awful being a TC staff member at the moment, hopefully , Lufthansa, will purchase the German Condor TC airline next week, with other fire sales to raise the £1b needed.
Yesterday saw Easyjet post its worst winter loss in its history and I should imagine that Ryanair's figures on Monday may be even worse, the last quarter were the worst for years and MOL comments yesterday, did nothing to comfort the market.

Ryanair's figures today just reinforce the poor position the industry in today. Profits down from 1.45BN Euros to 1.02BN
Whilst more passengers flown, less revenue per seat and more costs expecially pilot wages.
More airlines need to close, MOL today pointed to Norwegian and Thomas Cook as likely closures.
This weekend's news that credit card companies with holding TC funds to pay for likely section 75 claims is very bad news.
Ryanair are taking one million passengers out of this years schedule to reduce capacity, in addition to the reductions announced last October.
New routes were opened last year and bases ( 406 and 9), however, large number of bases and routes will close over the next 3 years.

Its simple - Ryanair will change its operating model to operate more like Southwest. Fewer bases, but crews HOTAC'ed at destinations where it is attractive to have overnight based aircraft. Southwest pilots operate like this. Sadly Ryanair will see their costs rise as the pilots continue to bite at the T's C's. If they'd of of done this years ago they'd be fine!

As for TC - i feel sorry for anyone there at the moment and i'm praying for a solution relatively quick this week. The airline operation is not like Monarch, debts and Max's on order, but rather profitable and attractive both long & short haul wise and on the continent. So let's hope for some deals this week.

Last edited:
Maybe if Thomas Cook give it up Novelair would carry on with it anyway as the Tunisian market is growing again for UK Hoilday makers especially as it it cheaper.

Maybe if Thomas Cook give it up Novelair would carry on with it anyway as the Tunisian market is growing again for UK Hoilday makers especially as it it cheaper.

This is a directed charted plane from Novelair to Thomas Cook at a set price.

Thomas Cook therefore sell the seats at a price they feel fit within the package holiday or via Thomas Cook seat only. If TC were to pull it, Novelair wouldn't operate the flight on their own. This route needs a British tour operator.

Thomas Cook in £750m rescue deal talks

"Troubled travel company Thomas Cook is in £750m rescue talks with banks and its largest shareholder, Fosun. The measures, which have not been finalised, would see the Chinese investor buy the firm's tour business. Thomas Cook's chief executive, Peter Fankhauser, said the proposal was "not the outcome any of us wanted" but insisted it was "pragmatic"."

Thomas Cook 2020 are apparently on sale now and it would seem that their financial woes have led, once again, to the cessation of flights out of LBA, because I have just been on their site and the 2020 option is not available from LBA - or DSA for that matter. So looks like another consolidation period whilst they sort themselves out and the end of our Tunisian adventure after one season.

Thomas Cook 2020 are apparently on sale now and it would seem that their financial woes have led, once again, to the cessation of flights out of LBA, because I have just been on their site and the 2020 option is not available from LBA - or DSA for that matter. So looks like another consolidation period whilst they sort themselves out and the end of our Tunisian adventure after one season.

As daft as this might sound, I have heard the is a rumour is circulating around the airport that Thomas Cook Airlines might be basing an Airbus A321 to operate holiday charter flights from LBA for next summer 2020.
Wither this is any truth to this rumour I don't know, so don't shoot the messenger if nothing happens..

As daft as this might sound, I have heard the is a rumour is circulating around the airport that Thomas Cook Airlines might be basing an Airbus A321 to operate holiday charter flights from LBA for next summer 2020.
Wither this is any truth to this rumour I don't know, so don't shoot the messenger if nothing happens..
They are I believe reducing STN to 1 aircraft I believe so it could be from there.

Are they going "to have a go" at Jet2 in there own "back garden"?

I think it is highly unlikely but all sorts of strange things happen in aviation.

If they come i give it one season before, as @Seasider has pointed out, they retract due to it been the lions backyard.

Whilst i want competition - it should come int' from of a year round based aircraft and 2 if not 3 at LBA during the summer.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock