Would be quite ironic if this review end's up suggesting cutting domestic APD and CWL doesn't have any domestic routes!

The success of Global Trek in handling sports teams charters, has made me wonder whether the passengers boarding or alighting from planes on the south side, are included in the passenger numbers for CWL, even though they do not use the terminal, they could amount to several hundred passengers during the football and rugby season.

The success of Global Trek in handling sports teams charters, has made me wonder whether the passengers boarding or alighting from planes on the south side, are included in the passenger numbers for CWL, even though they do not use the terminal, they could amount to several hundred passengers during the football and rugby season.
I believe they are as the unique destinations usually come up in the CAA stats.
The private jet and military stops i don't think so.

Would be quite ironic if this review end's up suggesting cutting domestic APD and CWL doesn't have any domestic routes!

Axing or even reducing APD for domestic flights would be a good way of helping to get intra-UK travel on the move again. APD is charged both ways on most UK domestic flights which at £13 a time can be quite a wedge of the overall fare, and most people travel out and back. If airlines, especially the smaller ones that tend to operate a lot of this type of flight from smaller airports, could pocket the APD equivalent instead of having to hand it to the government it might be quite a help to their cash flow and balance.

It would also almost certainly help to get CWL back its lost domestic routes.

I'd be surprised if they were not included in the airport passenger figures. Most airports, with a couple of UK exceptions of which I'm aware one of which is not a million miles from CWL, like to be able to announce publicly as high a figure as possible.

I remember in the days of TBI ownership the airport CWL regularly showed the number of non terminal passengers, I just wondered if it still applied. Thanks for the info.

On the relevant LBA thread I've been following the debate about the airport's planning application and there is a definite feeling amongst some F4A members that the local press is giving opponents a lot more coverage than it does supporters.

I remember some years ago when WAN and WAF were in existence that there seemed to be a strong view on the part of many members of those websites that BBC Wales was 'anti' CWL. In recent years I've not been aware of that sort of reaction and I wondered if members of F4A have detected any change of approach by the BBC when it comes to reporting CWL matters. I don't watch or listen to BBC Wales as a matter of course as I live across the 'river' so am unable to judge.

I'm never sure that a local news media outlet is deliberately anti something, unless its editorial policy so dictates, but reports, articles and programmes can sometimes give that impression.

Reported by Reuters this morning that FlyBE has been sold by the administrators, to an affiliated company of Cyrus Investments and could be flying again in 2021.

Very interesting indeed. Could there however be a worse time for starting an airline? Maybe in another 12 months or so?

Would be great to see Flybe back but I just can't see it happening especially during this pandemic.

Apologies if i’m missing the point - but CWL will have domestic routes?

If Flybe did come back again in what ever guise,does any one think they would take over any routes that do not make money. As been said wrong time to start up a airline with this covid19 going on.

If Flybe did come back again in what ever guise,does any one think they would take over any routes that do not make money. As been said wrong time to start up a airline with this covid19 going on.
My own personal opinion (for what it's worth) is when and if the new Flybe is up and running I think they may well start at larger airports first (eg. MAN, BHX, EDI) . If any routes come to CWL then I don't think an aircraft will be based here until routes become more established and the demand is there.

I think Flybe showed before that unless you're doing Dublin they don't really need to base aircraft or over night unless a 7am Edinburgh is operated. Belfast Jersey and Paris can all be with away based aircraft. Of course we're assuming that any future Flybe would be interested in Cardiff. It's not as if the main routes have been snapped up for summer 2021 already! I suspect any reincarnation of Flybe will most likely stay away from Cardiff sadly.

And to echo what superking has said, it is the wrong time to launch (or relaunch) an airline in the middle of a pandemic. I suspect launch won't happen until things begin to get back to some sort of normality...so pushback on launch is likely. Again, just my opinion.

I see the stored 747 that was at CWL and flew to NQY is to be scrapped in NQY.I wonder if any more will go to NQY for scrapping.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock