I don't know if anyone else uses the Instagram Stories feature but I keep seeing advertisements from Leeds City Council informing the public go the changes. It really is a good sign as they seem to finally want to see the airport grow! Hopefully the adverts will appeal to the public and the better option for the airport will be chosen! (A)

I went to Yeadon Town Hall this afternoon for the road and rail exhibitions. Excellent turnout - mainly over-fifties which I guess reflects Yeadon's demographic ! Lots of 'official' folk on hand to answer questions but I didn't notice any Airport Management there. Lots of displays explaining the various road options; less so for the rail Parkway issue. An optional Q&A form to fill in asking for the public's opinions, as well as those of local businesses. I'm pleased I went.

I guess that LBA management won't be attending as this is a council issue mainly (and West Yorkshire Combined Authority). LBA themselves don't really have any input at this stage. They have already done their bit by getting the council and WYCA to fully support the requirement for improved transport and road links to the airport. It is up to both of them to take it forward now.

I bobbed in yesterday on my way home and was surprised just how many people were there. Quite a lot of folk having a good moan about Option C and particularly the fact that it is OK in theory to remodel junctions....but all the extra traffic will just make it worse anyway!!! I liked the video run through of the Option A road from Rawdon. This has to be the best option.

Annoyed they refuse to run a city centre event. By only consulting in the area surrounding the airport they are excluding those that will travel TO the airport.

Surely the idea of this is to benefit those travelling TO the airport. You'd have to be pretty committed to travel to NW Leeds in order to participate in a consultation...

And the argument you can participate online doesn't hold since otherwise why hold events at all...

Well I shall be calling in when this visits Horsforth. The council need to sort out horsforth & rodley roundabouts first to cope with the current traffic, Horsforth is ridiculous now, you cant get in or out of the place unless its between 9pm and 7am. A 10 min journey from Yeadon took 50 mins last night and if I stay in Farsley my commute to work is nearly an hour! When I used to catch the bus to menston in the 80s to school the roundabout was a 'proper' roundabout, it was busy, but at least it flowed, rather than been held at red, with the ringroad seeming to get priority! The A65 gets 4 cars through if you are lucky and thats if folk set of quickly rather than messing about!!

I agree. Whether they opt for A B or C significant improvements to the Ring Road and the Horsforth roundabout are a must if it is to have the desired effect. In otherwords, there's no point in saving 5 minutes of your journey as far as Rawdon goes to then have to wait 15 minutes queuing at a roundabout.

I called in at Yeadon on Monday afternoon, but nothing further on show then already available on line, whilst many staff were available they were not prepared to discuss air pollution or the clean air act or any details.
You were handed a survey to complete, but I did it on line at
yourinvoice.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/airport (available for anyone to complete)
I answered forums4airports.com .at Q28 on how I found out about this survey, hope others spread the word about this site.

! Lots of 'official' folk on hand to answer questions but I didn't notice any Airport Management there.. .

I guess that LBA management won't be attending as this is a council issue mainly (and West Yorkshire Combined Authority). LBA themselves don't really have any input at this stage. They have already done their bit by getting the council and WYCA to fully support the requirement for improved transport and road links to the airport. It is up to both of them to take it forward now.

Somebody in the airports management must have heard you, I see the airport now has full details listed on its new website of the on going consultation that's been undertaken by West Yorkshire Combined Authority as regards to the Airport link road options and the parkway station.

https://www.leedsbradfordairport.co...u98ILDMM-xATaWaZCPUK9zOkjSlKeqWgBMGJKT2MIQwoM

Last edited:
Anyone who tried to get either way between Horsforth and Rawdon last night seriously needs to see the advantage of Option A. Absolute shocker on the roads last night!!

I went to the presentation at Yeadon Town Hall on Monday (and Im going to Otley tonight). I was disappointed that no one from Network Rail or Northern Rail was present. The parkway is being handled as a separate development which is not dependant upon the A,B,C roads.
I dont think it will work as a parkway, mainly because they will have to charge for car parking and it will have to be at least as much as parking in the on airport car parks, otherwise everyone will park at the parkway and get the free bus up to the airport. Why pay when Weeton and Menston are free (not sure about Horsforth)?

I see great potential for passengers arriving and departing by rail however this will only work if the trains start and finish somewhere other than York and Leeds (as currently). Starting in Scarborough, Middlesborough, Hull and running through the Parkway to Leeds, Dewsbury, Huddersfield etc as the current Manchester airport services do would be the ideal. The only problem I can see is that the track between Knaresborough and York might need upgrading to double track where it is currently only single.

Alan

Anyone who tried to get either way between Horsforth and Rawdon last night seriously needs to see the advantage of Option A. Absolute shocker on the roads last night!!

Unfortunately Option A would not have helped commuters last night. Option A would bring more traffic to the A65 and additional traffic lights to pass!

The horsforth roundabout needs to be a lawnswood size roundabout with filter lanes on each side for left turning traffic that avoid the roundabout completely, also moving the entire roundabout more towards where I believe is a strawberry field would create more space so that every approach to it is dual lanes, so 2 lanes for straight ahead,1 for right and the filter lanes for left, and ideally 2 lanes upon leaving the roundabout that last at least 300metres so that traffic can build up speed and merge into 1 lane with no jams.

The council have already said that, independently to the Option A B and C (airport link), they already have plans for a major upgrade to the A65 from the proposed link road junction, down to the A6120 Leeds Ring Road and from there down towards Rodley. No details of course, but they did say that this work was from a different budget to the link road and one was not dependent upon the other. The way I read it, the changes around Horsforth should be already in place by the time any link road is built. That stretch of road and all roads either side of the roundabout at Horsforth are at breaking point, and the Council know it. There is no way it can remain as it is for another 10 years.

I'm not entirely sure what they are called but a motorway style roundabout with free flowing traffic on the ring road would assist A65 traffic as it wouldn't need to mix. I understand this sound drastic but it's going to take something drastic to solve the problem.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock