Solihull - Birmingham International Station? Why not just add the hated West Midlands tag onto the end as well for a while and then maybe drop the Birmingham.Or maybe stick with Birmingham International!:banghead:

I know the Solihull Birmingham Coleshill Elmdon Castle Bromwich Damsonwood Marston Green and wider West Midlands Strategic Local Enterprise Combined Metropolitan National Exhibition Genting Metropole A45 Motorcycle Museum Shakespeare Trevor Francis International Station is catchy, but alas boring and less memorable Birmingham International it is likely to remain.

Is that the one in Wales with god knows how many L,s W,s and Y,s in it can Jerry help?
Mind you should definitely keep the Trevor bit..

Is that the one in Wales with god knows how many L,s W,s and Y,s in it can Jerry help?
Mind you should definitely keep the Trevor bit..
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Is that the place you are thinking of? It's in Anglesey and trying saying when you are drunk! :)

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Is that the place you are thinking of? It's in Anglesey and trying saying when you are drunk! :)

Probably so thanks who knows, had enough trouble witth Welsh pronunciation when my mom moved to mid wales (Lampeter )from Cornwall and they have their own lingo also, glad I'm a Brummie we speak proper like what everyone should do.

Lol

Many, many years ago while i was still at school an elderly man from North Wales taught me how to pronounce this word. So if anyone is interested in trying, here goes:

Llanfair - puth -gwingeth - go - gerrith - drob - win - antycillio - gogo- goth.

I will not hold myself responsible if you swallow your dentures or spit them out in front of honoured guests....

Oh and by the way Brummie, although i live close to the Welsh borders in Herefordshire i was born in Weoley Avenue, Selly Oak, and also a proud Brummie...

Easter weekend marks the opening of a new security entrance

Birmingham Airport has opened its new security entrance area as more than 130,000 passengers will travel through the terminal over the Easter weekend.

5.jpg

Good Friday will be the busiest day over the long weekend, with an estimated 35,300 people expected to fly in or out of the airport to visit loved ones, explore a new city or relax in the sun.

Departing passengers taking off from Birmingham on Thursday 29th March were the first to benefit from the new security entrance, just one of the terminal projects made by the airport to improve the customer journey.

The first lucky passengers to pass through ‘phase one’ of the newly created security entrance were the Kumar family from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, who flew off to Brisbane for a family wedding. They were treated to a lunch at the brand new Bottega prosecco bar within the departure lounge.

The new security area provides passengers with a bright and airy environment for customers as they prepare and enter the search area. A new route has been created through to the central search zone, with new flooring, lighting, preparation area and messaging to help customers prepare for security.

The next phase, opening later in April, includes additional boarding card gates and express lane machines in time for the peak season, when the airport will welcome millions of people through its doors.

Half a million people will be using Birmingham Airport over the fortnight Easter holiday period, with Tuesday 3rd April expected to be the busiest day over the two-weeks, with 36,200 passengers departing and arriving. The top destinations overall will be Dublin, Dubai, Amsterdam, Paris, Alicante, Malaga, Frankfurt, Palma , Barcelona and Tenerife.

https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk...marks-the-opening-of-a-new-security-entrance/

South Terminal Airbridges

Are all being removed, stand 15 already lifted off by crane, this stand will now be A320 size

I understand that it is to make more ramp space on South terminal as well as the fact they are no longer used !

Rumour has it that Easy, Blue Air & CSA maybe moving accross from TI another rumour is FlyBe are moving out and Jet2 maybe moving in !

Time will tell !

This was first mentioned a couple of years ago so glad to see it's finally happening.

Rumour has it that Easy, Blue Air & CSA maybe moving accross from TI another rumour is FlyBe are moving out and Jet2 maybe moving in !

I think Blue Air trialled T2 for a while alongside Norwegian. Those three airlines wouldn't offer a huge amount of flights between them.

Jet2 would be interesting. With them expanding, Flybe reducing and Ryanair stagnant could T2 become purely for Jet2 in the future?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock