Lots of Easyjet cuts being reported elsewhere so let's hope our BFS link survives. Also means zero hope of getting anything new from them in the foreseeable. Shame but no airline immune from current UK and global issues

Good news it looks like the Easyjet the BFS-LBA schedule remains in tack.

That is good news indeed. I have a potential theory here as to why BFS domestic routes survive, amongst a few others. And that is to not let BE get a decent slice of the Belfast market as a whole. In fact they may even be sensing a certain weakness just at the moment in their rival. May be a few interesting months ahead, not just for LBA.............

easyJet have been messing with there Belfast Int'l - Leeds/Bradford schedule for the reminder of the winter 2022/2023 schedule

The service will be reduced as follows.

Jan 2nd to Jan 8th = 4x weekly - Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun
Jan 9th to Jan 30th = 3x weekly - Mon, Fri & Sun
Feb 3rd to Feb 12th = 2x weekly - Fri & Sun
Feb 15th - Mar 26th = 3x weekly - Wed, Fri & Sun
Mar 27th - onwards = 4x weekly - Mon-Tue, Fri & Sun

Good news is that the winter 2023/2024 schedule is now starting to be loaded with November on sale so far at 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)

easyJet have been messing with there Belfast Int'l - Leeds/Bradford schedule for the reminder of the winter 2022/2023 schedule

The service will be reduced as follows.

Jan 2nd to Jan 8th = 4x weekly - Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun
Jan 9th to Jan 30th = 3x weekly - Mon, Fri & Sun
Feb 3rd to Feb 12th = 2x weekly - Fri & Sun
Feb 15th - Mar 26th = 3x weekly - Wed, Fri & Sun
Mar 27th - onwards = 4x weekly - Mon-Tue, Fri & Sun

Good news is that the winter 2023/2024 schedule is now starting to be loaded with November on sale so far at 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)
That's great. Shame Easyjet haven't been persuaded by LBA of its potential for other routes.

Bratislava seems to do well off the back of tourism to Vienna, so I would like to see a service to Vienna.

easyJet.com Belfast Int’l – Leeds/Bradford route schedule update

Summer 2023

Good news is that the schedule is still showing 3x to 4x weekly Mon, Tue, Fri & Sun. For some reason New flight numbers are introduced. EZY289/290 becomes either EZY047/048 or EZY049/050.

Mondays
EZY047 = BFS 13:10 - LBA 14:10 / EZY048 = LBA 14:40 - BFS 15:45 = A319 27/03-19/06
EZY047 = BFS 13:10 - LBA 14:10 / EZY048 = LBA 14:40 - BFS 15:45 = A319 04/09-23/10
Tuesdays
EZY049 = BFS 17:00 - LBA 18:00 / EZY050 = LBA 18:30 - BFS 19:35 = A320 28/03-24/10
Fridays
EZY047 = BFS 12:50 - LBA 13:50 / EZY048 = LBA 14:20 - BFS 15:25 = A319 31/03-27/10
Sundays
EZY049 = BFS 17:00 - LBA 18:00 / EZY050 = LBA 18:30 - BFS 19:35 = A319 26/03-22/10

Winter 2023/24

So far only November 2023 is on sale, but it’s showing 4x weekly operating Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun as follows.

Mondays
EZY049 = BFS 07:05 - LBA 08:10 / EZY050 = LBA 08:40 - BFS 09:45 = A319 30/10-
Wednesdays
EZY049 = BFS 19:05 - LBA 20:10 / EZY050 = LBA 20:40 - BFS 21:45 = A319 01/11-
Fridays
EZY049 = BFS 13:20 - LBA 14:25 / EZY048 = LBA 14:55 - BFS 16:00 = A320 03/11-
Sundays
EZY049 = BFS 19:20 - LBA 20:25 / EZY050 = LBA 20:55 - BFS 22:00 = A319 29/10-

Last edited:
easyjet will need to have a compelling business case to open any new base. It’s a big investment. I don’t really see how jet2 launching their tour operator style flying programme from LPL would have any bearing on easyjet’s business case for a base at LBA. Unless jet2 are planning to downsize the LBA base to launch at LPL, but i don’t think that’s the case.

easyjet will need to have a compelling business case to open any new base. It’s a big investment. I don’t really see how jet2 launching their tour operator style flying programme from LPL would have any bearing on easyjet’s business case for a base at LBA. Unless jet2 are planning to downsize the LBA base to launch at LPL, but i don’t think that’s the case.
I agree. I wpuld think a move back into NCL would be more likely

Like BHX, its doesn't necessary need easyjet to base aircraft at LBA to start expansion and bring the "Easyjet Holidays" product to our door step.

They could easily run flights into LBA from it's continental European bases. Eg Barcelona, Palma, Malaga & Faro until the is more room at the inn after the terminal extension & associated works are completed.

Last edited:
Like BHX, its doesn't necessary need easyjet to base aircraft at LBA to start expansion and bring the Easyjet holidays product to our door step.

They could easily run flights into LBA from its continental European bases. Eg Barcelona, Palma, Malaga & Faro until the is room at the inn.
Agreed, hopefully a few core routes can be tried much alike to the BHX offering.

Wonder if Easyjet might react at Leeds now that Jet2 have gone into Liverpool?

Most likely reaction (if any) will be for them to expand their offering at Liverpool (and maybe to a lesser extent Manchester).

There's a number of smaller airports that Jet2 operate to from other bases that EZY don't (Reus, Girona, Almeria, etc) whilst there's plenty of city destinations in Germany and Italy in particular that EZY could serve that Jet2 wouldn't.

My point being there's enough room for both to exist with relatively little competition. Only 11 of the 25 routes easyJet operate from LPL will have competition from Jet2, and of the 20 destinations Jet2 will operate to, 9 are destinations that easyJet don't.

easyJet likely have a list of bases they are planning/considering. Jet2 launching at LPL may cause EZY to shuffle some aircraft around and might delay some planned opening of bases, but I doubt it will re-order that list.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock