Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to think that FlyBe might completely disappear from Birmingham between now and 2026 to become Virgin Atlantic or just an feeder airline under the Virgin brand for Heathrow.
I personally don't think that'll happen. I think the Flybe brand will continue for the regions and they'll have a Virgin brand for Heathrow most likely operated by Stobart Air.

Is there a possibility that Easyjet coming into the new Scottish routes could give Flybe an excuse to pull out of these routes in the future? :cautious:
I would say it's impossible to predict until the long term strategy becomes clear.

Competition on BHX-Belfast doesn't seem to have hurt either competitor (y)

So Manchester is loosing Milan & Toulouse from October 2019.. Any news on Birmingham?
I've had a quick look at the Flybe website and can't see anything dropped.......yet.

The cuts do seem to be coming thick and fast though :nailbiting:
Well Virgin’s plans are FlyBe to be a feeder Airline/Short Hall Virgin Atlantic for both Heathrow & Manchester so I’m not surprised they are increasing Manchester Flights but then again they have cut a lot of Heathrow routes even though they have only been flying there since the last couple of years.

Well Virgin’s plans are FlyBe to be a feeder Airline/Short Hall Virgin Atlantic for both Heathrow & Manchester so I’m not surprised they are increasing Manchester Flights but then again they have cut a lot of Heathrow routes even though they have only been flying there since the last couple of years.
They haven't cut any Heathrow routes and Manchester has lost routes. So far it seems BHX, LHR, LCY, CWL and EXT haven't seen any cuts yet.

Part of me genuinely thinks that Virgin only joined the consortium to buy Flybe to get the slots they have at Heathrow
It’s almost certain that this is entirely why VS bought Flybe, however it should be noted that the BE slots at LHR cannot be used for long haul services, only EU. I think this was more about how VS can accelerate to critical mass in preparation for Runway 3

Flybe have been busy continuing to cut back their Winter programme and pulled out of Doncaster Sheffield completely dropping Paris and Amsterdam. While most of the changes have been the subject of posts on this thread, it was FlyBe statement that caught my eye

In a statement emailed to Business Traveller Flybe said:
“Flybe has completed an exhaustive network review and strengthened the viability of its 2019-2020 winter schedules.”
“This has resulted in a number of its least profitable routes being cancelled with effect from the end of the summer season on October 26.”

If they have completed the review then BHX may have escaped any significant changes

Well BHX better have some replacements lined up as that is pretty devastating, none of them are covered by other airlines and i make that a loss of circa 5-6 flights per day. People will have to go to EMA for flights to Berlin and Milan while Hamburg and Hannover will have no Midlands link at all!

The million dollar question is, have Flybe done this because of the rumoured easyJet arrival or were they going to do it regardless of whether easyJet have plans for BHX or not?

Addendum: apparently Guernsey is still on sale for now.

Like I said in the Thomas Cook thread, I think it’s now or never for EasyJet. With so much up for grabs at BHX at the moment if they don’t jump on it now I don’t think they ever will.

BHX really needs to pull something out of the bag...fast!

In the short term unless something is announced in the next few weeks to put a smile on our face, a pretty big disaster for BHX for winter 2019/2020.

That is our thanks for the airport being loyal for all these years, saying No No No to easyjet for not wanting to upset our existing airlines

Flybye Flybye on the way out and Thomas Cook already out.

Oh and bye bye that 13 million passengers again.

But are we surprised, Noooooooooooooooooooo

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock