Re: Aircraft Flying Overhead

It looks like a Royal Saudi Air Force - Lockheed C130H Hercules - Reg: HZ-472 is flying into 'LBA Territory'.

It is, I believe, heading into MAN but can't be sure at the moment which is why I have posted here.

tomleeds said:
It looks like a Royal Saudi Air Force - Lockheed C130H Hercules - Reg: HZ-472 is flying into 'LBA Territory'.

It is, I believe, heading into MAN but can't be sure at the moment which is why I have posted here.

I think you will find that the Saudi AF Herc his heading for the usual BAe Warton..

Sorry Lbaspotter, that damn BAe Warton!

At-least it was posted in the right place!

Just seen on FlightRadar than a Singapore Airlines A380 is currently passing over Leeds and Bradford en-route from Singapore to New York via Frankfurt.

It is 9V-SKH operating this SIA/SQ026 flight.

I don't think I've ever seen a Singapore Airlines A380 over Leeds/Bradford airspace so thought it might be worth the post.. :good:

tomleeds said:
Just seen on FlightRadar than a Singapore Airlines A380 is currently passing over Leeds and Bradford en-route from Singapore to New York via Frankfurt.

It is 9V-SKH operating this SIA/SQ026 flight.

I don't think I've ever seen a Singapore Airlines A380 over Leeds/Bradford airspace so thought it might be worth the post.. :good:

It's just a shame it's foggy. :sad:

Just seen a B757 or a A321 fly overhead not far from the airport. On first glance it looked like one of Jet2's white bodied aircraft. Anyone know what it was?

It was Jet2 B757 G LSAK, according to Flightradar it left LBA, went down towards Exeter then came back and circled LBA at 9000ft, not sure where it is now though or what it was doing, - training flight, Fear of flying flight?

Update; just checked the playback on flightradar and it did land at LBA somewhere about 11.15am

Jet2.com, Boeing 757-200, G-LSAK was in fact operating the outbound LS217 service to Arrecife this morning before returning back to Leeds

The reason as to why he was holding in the overhead with the under carriage down, Was due to the fact he was trying to burn of excess fuel so to get his landing weight down for a landing onto runway 32. Still don't know the reason for him returning though yet.

I was nice to see the AWACS circling over again days last week. Also, 9V-SKF flew right over our office the other morning.

Not sure what's heading towards Leeds as I type (12.15pm) but 4 engines, quite a rumble, heading from NW to SE nothing on plane finder or flight radar, any ideas anyone?

Definitely a military transport. I have seen 2 today already. Probably a C17. Came over our office just as EI-EBI was on it's way out.

That makes sense Bigman, it was a direction that 4 engined commercial passenger planes just don't go up here in the Dales, very rare do we see them heading from N to S but S to N is a regular sight

A different type of aircraft circling over Leeds earlier today....

100_6971.jpg

100_6970.jpg

Nice one Masere. Is the cricket on? They normally come out when the cricket starts, usually to provide aerial shots for the TV.

No cricket at Headingley Aviador. It was circling for over an hour, hopefully someone can shed light on why it was here.

They don't normally roll that out unless there is a major match i.e. a test match with England playing, but Headingley haven't got many of those fixtures this season - only 2 I recall and both later on in the Summer.

I wonder if it was just passing overhead at random, unless it's there to watch the Yorkshire CCC Vs
Northamptonshire CCC which starts on Thursday and lasts until Saturday..?!

I had to drive out to my car dealer at Knaresborough this afternoon, and from Harewood I could see that there was an airship out over the A1 in North Yorkshire - between Knaresborough and York. It was too far away to see if it was the Goodyear Blimp, although it actually looked to be unmarked froma distance, so either it was this Blimp and had headed out to North Yorkshire, or it was another airship in the area, which would be unusual to say the least. The odd thing was that when I got nearer to Knaresborough it had gone, presumably landed somewhere.

I can't think of any sporting events though that it could be filming. They normally only do the really big matches and there is nothing like that on in Leeds (or Yorkshire).

Probably trying to spot who the possible mystery buyer is for LUFC! I just hope whoever it is they hurry up so we have a team next year.

Perhaps one of the TV companies is filming a programme along the lines of Yorkshire from the Air!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock