Flying direct overhead at 1245-
EMB.145 Legacy 600 SX-KKA(Marathon 600P) routing from Lyon to Keflavic at 37000'

Jet Ranger G-WIIZ entering zone 1040, to pass overhead airfield, inbound Coney Park from "Eire"
Aircraft is in for maintenance and expected to stay about a month
The aircraft is over 50 years old,

Jet Ranger G-WIIZ entering zone 1040, to pass overhead airfield, inbound Coney Park from "Eire"
Aircraft is in for maintenance and expected to stay about a month
The aircraft is over 50 years old,
Date:15-OCT-2021
Time:c. 14:25 LT
Type:
Silhouette image of generic B06 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Agusta-Bell 206B JetRanger II
Owner/operator:Private
MSN:8540
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 3
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Substantial
Category:Accident
Location:Fitties Beach, Humberston, near Cleethropes, Lincolnshire -
G.gif
United Kingdom
Phase:En route
Nature:Private
Departure airport:Beverley/Linley Hill Airport (EGNY)
Destination airport:
Investigating agency: AAIB
Narrative:
Following a loss of engine power, an Agusta-Bell 206B JetRanger II sustained substantial damage in a forced landing on the Fitties Beach, Humberston, near Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire. The three people onboard were uninjured.

A Maritime and Coastguard Agency spokesperson said:

"At just after 2.30pm today - Friday October, 15 - a Humber Coastguard received a report that a light aircraft with three people onboard was forced to make an emergency landing at Cleethorpes Beach, near Grimsby in North East Lincolnshire. All three people onboard the aircraft have been reported safe and well, and arrangements are being made to recover the aircraft. Cleethorpes Coastguard Rescue Team and Humberside Fire and Rescue Service are present at the scene."

The main visible damage to the helicopter was a broken tail boom. By 16:45 recovery efforts were underway, and the helicopter was towed away by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency on the back of a trailer by 17:20 LT

Aeroflot A320 VQ-BKU has just passed to the NW of LBA @ flight level 340 en route to Dublin. This flight usually crosses the UK a lot further North.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock