Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly everywhere I've looked it seems as nobody knows when Flybe are going to announce when flights are going on sale or when routes are going to start, Apart from somebody quoted as saying in a previous press release they want to relaunch in 1st quarter of 2022.
The only thing I can see is a job advert for Belfast based cabin crew which closes 31 March which would fit with Belfast crew working the rumoured BHD - LBA - LHR (T2?) service

I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing their regular appearances again. Along with Emerald.

Be nice to see the props in action at LBA again

Flybe have today confirmed Belfast City as its 2nd base after Birmingham. Now just got to wait 6 days with a-bated-breath to see if mentioned new Belfast City - Leeds/Bradford - London Heathrow service comes to fruition.

Flybe Selects Belfast City Airport As Its Second Base​

Date: 16 Mar 2022
1647433866459.png
Flybe Ltd is set to go on sale next week with a full list of routes, destinations, and everyday low fares due to be announced for its first two bases of operation at Birmingham and Belfast City Airport.

Having announced Birmingham as the home of its new headquarters and first crew base in November, Flybe is pleased to announce it will also be adding Belfast City Airport to its network—as its second main base of operations with plans to rapidly grow, create more jobs, and add more flights as the summer progresses.

Flybe CEO, Dave Pflieger, said: “Next week is going to be an exciting time for customers and communities that have been waiting to hear from us about low fares, new routes, and new destinations—all of which are being timed to coincide with the restart of the economy and a return to normality after two difficult years for all.

“As you’ve heard, our team has been working hard for over a year and a half to bring customers a new airline that people will love, and we are particularly excited to be flying to Belfast City Airport and serving Northern Ireland.

“Once we start flying from Birmingham, Belfast, and many other cities in the UK and EU, we are confident that a new and improved Flybe will provide customers with great value, more choices, and the opportunity to quickly and more conveniently visit loved ones, go on holiday, and more easily visit customers or attend important meetings.

“Given that goal, Flybe hopes to do its part to help communities across the country bounce back from the dramatic impact of the global pandemic.”

Last edited:
Good news for a frequent flyer to NI, so we have BA Cityflyer, Aer Lingus & Flybe going to City and Easyjet to International. Could do with another option for International (2 to each airport)

Remember Old Flybe was 4/5x flights a day and this capacity is still not quite there yet as Easy is 2x a week, EI is initially 1x a day (with a lesser number of seats than BA). I would imagine the biggest issue will be 2x similar timed early morning flights from Belfast City with one going onwards to LHR if rumours are correct - the remainder of the flights I guess might be more dispersed - BHD was doing about 15 / 16,000 pax a month in its heyday so there is potential there.

This is not a good situation, too many operators on similar routes just dilutes the profits that each make. Should only be one operator to City and one to International.
Who mentioned company profits - I said "Good news for a frequent flyer to NI" options/choice

Remember Old Flybe was 4/5x flights a day and this capacity is still not quite there yet as Easy is 2x a week, EI is initially 1x a day (with a lesser number of seats than BA). I would imagine the biggest issue will be 2x similar timed early morning flights from Belfast City with one going onwards to LHR if rumours are correct - the remainder of the flights I guess might be more dispersed - BHD was doing about 15 / 16,000 pax a month in its heyday so there is potential there.
Exactly!

Wonder if T3 got wind of BE to LHR and that has been a factor in them cutting SOU? Not quite on each other’s doorsteps but know a lot of people would use either or. Either way if BHD - LBA - LHR happens then it’s only going to be good news and will get us an earlier southbound and later northbound than BA gave us. Approx times will be something like:
Ex BHD at 0700 and 1500
To BHD at 1200 and 2000
To LHR at 0830 and 1630
Ex LHR at 1015 and 1815
Those rough LHR times will be better for point to point and it means BE on at least one route not served by a n other. And has been said, the BHD from LBA market was huge pre-COVID so this all makes a lot of sense in my eyes

A
Wonder if T3 got wind of BE to LHR and that has been a factor in them cutting SOU? Not quite on each other’s doorsteps but know a lot of people would use either or. Either way if BHD - LBA - LHR happens then it’s only going to be good news and will get us an earlier southbound and later northbound than BA gave us. Approx times will be something like:
Ex BHD at 0700 and 1500
To BHD at 1200 and 2000
To LHR at 0830 and 1630
Ex LHR at 1015 and 1815
Those rough LHR times will be better for point to point and it means BE on at least one route not served by a n other. And has been said, the BHD from LBA market was huge pre-COVID so this all makes a lot of sense in my eyes
A last flight back around 20:00 would be more attractive.

Looking elsewhere I've found flybe did request the following slots at LHR last summer 2021 & this winter 2021/22 which were granted but never used.

07:00 / 07:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-----
08:00 / 08:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun
09:35 / 10:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun
16:15 / 17:05 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----------
16:30 / 17:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun
18:35 / 19:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun
19:00 / 19:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun

Ex BHD at 0700 and 1500
To BHD at 1200 and 2000
To LHR at 0830 and 1630
Ex LHR at 1015 and 1815

So if BHD-LBA-LHR routing did go ahead I think the schedule will have work something along these timings to fit them slot times at LHR. (This is also taking into account that BHD is only open 06:30 until 21:30 daily)

BHD 06:45 - LBA 07:55 / LBA 08:20 - LHR 09:35
LHR 10:20
- LBA 11:35 / LBA 12:00 - BHD 13:10
BHD 13:40 - LBA 14:50 / LBA 15:15 - LHR 16:30
LHR 17:20 - LBA 18:35 / LBA 19:00 - BHD 20:10

Last edited:
Looking elsewhere I've found flybe did request the following slots at LHR last summer 2021 & this winter 2021/22 which were granted but never used.

07:00 / 07:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-----
08:00 / 08:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun
09:35 / 10:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun
16:15 / 17:05 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----------
16:30 / 17:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun
18:35 / 19:20 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun
19:00 / 19:45 = Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri----- Sun

So if BHD-LBA-LHR routing did go ahead I think the schedule will have work something along these timings to fit them slot times at LHR. (This is also taking into account that BHD is only open 06:30 until 21:30 daily)

BHD 06:45 - LBA 07:55 / LBA 08:20 - LHR 09:35
LHR 10:20
- LBA 11:25 / LBA 11:50 - BHD 13:00
BHD 13:40 - LBA 14:50 / LBA 15:15 - LHR 16:30
LHR 17:20 - LBA 18:35 / LBA 19:00 - BHD 20:10
BA always struggled with the afternoon flight and looking at the departures board at LHR, T5 certainly has more action in the evening but there are some connections within T2 like TK, SQ, ANA and it would pick up the late evening VS to JFK / JNB from T3 as well as EK (T3) so it all depends on code shares I guess.... also the DH8 is half the size of the 319 with lower costs I guess. I'd suggest if BA aren't playing ball VS would be needed as a minimum, with EK as a next great to have.

Last edited:
If it is a shared flight originating in Belfast, I wouldn’t have thought seat sales wise it would not be that great on a dash 8? From memory I think they are 78 seater? So potentially half, although when I used the old flybe to Jersey via Southampton most did get off there, so that will probably happen with people originating in Belfast. So maybe available seats to Heathrow will be approx 50 which is actually is not too bad after all on reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock