Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

1. Without interline agreements theres no certainty of getting to your destination and without this travel agents are reluctant to book the flights.

2. Why would anyone book a 1 hour flight if theres a possibility of a 3 hour queue- especially if the journey can be made by rail in less than 3 hours?

FlyBe are in a bad situation here.
Again. The airline shouldn’t have to miss out because of issues in the airport. Should we now cancel all Jet2 flights because there’s to many passengers?

There’s no easy fix right now and I know it’s not ideal to be waiting in long queues but nobody has a magic wand to sort these.

Again. The airline shouldn’t have to miss out because of issues in the airport. Should we now cancel all Jet2 flights because there’s to many passengers?

There’s no easy fix right now and I know it’s not ideal to be waiting in long queues but nobody has a magic wand to sort these.
I dont suggest doing that. Im pointing out that the LHR service faces two major obstacles that other routes dont.

I’m guessing the 2 points are that there’s no codeshares and the fact that there is competition on the train.

I’d fly if I’d have a connecting flight. However we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Hopefully they are working on codeshares for the Heathrow route. However we should not just cut the route because of those 2 points you’ve made. To me that’s what you’re indicating they should do!

Yeah I'm a little concerned, but with or without code-share and Ques at the airport. it's not stopping me from flying Flybe on LBA-LHR in 3weeks time that is for sure.

Lot easier than trailing into Leeds on the no16 bus. Train from Leeds to Kings Cross, Tube to Paddington then either the 15 Min journey on the very expensive Heathrow Express or long arse 1 hour+ journey on Tube.

All of us on here said months back that eventually air travel will bounce back big time, that has most certainly happened. If most of us on here knew this would happen then surely the airport must of been aware of this, so my question is why has there been no pre planning? Im aware it takes time to train up staff but could plans not have been put into place months back to try at least eliminate some of the current issues! Also i no its not directly related but once again our crumbling terminal will not help in the current nightmare.

All of us on here said months back that eventually air travel will bounce back big time, that has most certainly happened. If most of us on here knew this would happen then surely the airport must of been aware of this, so my question is why has there been no pre planning? Im aware it takes time to train up staff but could plans not have been put into place months back to try at least eliminate some of the current issues! Also i no its not directly related but once again our crumbling terminal will not help in the current nightmare.
All you can say is that if LBA are guilty of not forward planning then so are most other UK airports. Suggests there was no easy solution.

Im aware it takes time to train up staff but could plans not have been put into place months back to try at least eliminate some of the current issues!

Training staff takes up to 4 months. The government announced travel restrictions would be eased back in January, and although things are still bad at times, Manchester, one of the worst airports affected, has started to see an improvement. Funnily enough, roughly 4 months after travel restrictions were eased. MAN started to be obviously affected slightly earlier than other airports, so we should start to see things improving at other airports over the next month.

Back in December/January, there were concerns about Omicron and the impact that would have on travel, so that likely put off potential applicants.

The worst queues tend to be first thing in the morning with what is probably all the passengers from all of the first wave of departures arriving at the airport at a similar time.

Airports can't control when people arrive at the airport, but I wonder if they didn't allow passengers to enter security until say 2 hours before scheduled departure, that might help spread out the loads going through security.

I have a day return booked to LHR in 3 weeks. I am considering not going and taking the loss. I had planned to leave the East Coast at 4am to get to terminal 1 hour before departure.
Having to get up at 2am and then the possibility that I may miss the flight is making me think hard about this. Let's hope there is a big improvement in the next 3 weeks or I may be stopping in bed.

All you can say is that if LBA are guilty of not forward planning then so are most other UK airports. Suggests there was no easy solution.
You’re right that everyone knew that air travel would eventually recover the only problem was when. There was so much chopping and changing by Shapps and other countries constantly changing their rules that no one could predict when. Airports had already taken a hit, with little help from Government, so were not going to take on staff in advance of the recovery only to find they were having to pay staff to twiddle their thumbs because things had still not returned to something like normal. Airports are after all businesses and exist to make a profit.

I noted the positioning flight from BHX and assumed the LHR flight had gone tech, so bringing in one to do the BHD flight.

Well nothings been confirmed. Pretty poor show if southbound is significantly delayed and northbound cancelled. I worry about those inbound and outbound pax making connections. Dont think they will be using the service again.

Well nothings been confirmed. Pretty poor show if southbound is significantly delayed and northbound cancelled. I worry about those inbound and outbound pax making connections. Dont think they will be using the service again.
Not ideal for the flight to be cancelled but you do realise there is another flight to Heathrow. My guess is that the pax from the cancelled morning flight will be put on the evening flight instead. Or will have made alternative arrangements.

Not ideal for the flight to be cancelled but you do realise there is another flight to Heathrow. My guess is that the pax from the cancelled morning flight will be put on the evening flight instead. Or will have made alternative arrangements.

Looks like this evenings southbound arrived at Heathrow one and a half hours late and the northbound still hasnt departed.

Not any good if you have an evening departure from LHR or if you are going on a "day return". I am thinking more and more about not going in 3 weeks (today).

Not any good if you have an evening departure from LHR or if you are going on a "day return". I am thinking more and more about not going in 3 weeks (today).
The aircraft went tech. I think they’ve been good at operating the flights (maybe not on time) but still operating non the less. With them only using 4 aircraft at the minute it limits what they can do when the rest of the planes are out doing other flights. You should still go on your flights as I’m sure nothing will happen on the day your e flying. And if there cancelled ( which to me seems unlikely) they have the responsibility to get you to LBA or LHR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock