Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Finger66, I was referring to the moving of the based aircraft from DSA and operating to CDG etc and so on. I should have been more specific with my comment.

Ah fair enough seaside. I too should have not jumped to conclusions. Would be nice if it happened though. I would guess DSA is at quite big risk with their base

Embraer 175 G-FBJK arrived from Paris at about 1225. Presumably a weather diversion from somewhere or other.

Furthermore, we now have four Flybe aircraft parked here, three Dash Eights and the aforementioned Embraer. The Embraer has just pushed back for departure.

See BBC news, Flybe have cancelled a number of flights from Belfast today for 'operational reasons'

Reports elsewhere claiming they are somewhat short of both Flight and cabin crew hence a lot of cancellations...If that is true the new management are going to have to make some big decisions and make and implement them quickly

Confirmed by friends in the company,

EXT - withdrawal of Embraer operations after Summer

DSA - base closure, last flights day before October clock change

CWL - base closure, last flights day before October clock change

Unavoidable redundancy for Cabin Crew and re-basing/fleeting options for Flight Crew as they are already short on that front.

The airline is sighting most of today's cancellations on 'pilot leave' & 'Easter holidays' but the reality is - many crew have bolted since the troubles surfaced last year and Flybe have done little to offer reassurance and retain staff. Staff received emails and and attended meetings this morning to be told about base closures and the significant review of the business in order to keep it viable.

I suspect there will be very big cost cutting measures and trimming down of Flybe now, further exasperated by it's fleeing workforce.

Feel really sorry for the staff affected, Flybe has been mismanaged on & off for the best part of the last decade now.

The CEO of Flybe, Christine Ourmieres-Widener has just been on BBC Radio 5 Live and confirmed the airline is pulling out of both Doncaster-Sheffield and Cardiff airport bases at the end of the summer season whilst Exeter will lose its Jet operated flights but will keep its Dash 8-Q400 operated based aircraft.

Sad day for anyone involved with Flybe at them bases.

Last edited:
It would seem the decision to open a base at Doncaster instead of Leeds was a poor one !
I believe they could have developed a nice Capital Airlines type operation at Lbia by now.
Unlikely to happen now as the boat has sailed but who knows !
Sorry for all the people this will be affect in so many ways.

It would seem the decision to open a base at Doncaster instead of Leeds was a poor one !
I believe they could have developed a nice Capital Airlines type operation at Lbia by now.
Unlikely to happen now as the boat has sailed but who knows !
Sorry for all the people this will be affect in so many ways.
I think it would've been culled had it been Leeds. It sounds like Flybe may be getting rid of the jets.

That seems to be the case. So in theory we would not be affected, but there are quite a few ERJ's kicking about at Manny in particular, so if they got rid of them, I am quite sure that they would replace them with DH8's...but where would these come from????

They are certainly in a mess generally and this must be so unsettling for staff. Let's hope the new Connect Group can somehow work their magic and turn things around

Could we envisage a situation in which FlyBe base a couple of Dash 8's at LBA to operate existing routes to BFS and DUS plus JER and CDG (replacement for DSA services) and perhaps a BRU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock