Status
Not open for further replies.
A brand can be successful for all the wrong reasons. Airlines such as Ryanair is a perfect example of this where many customers despise the airline but the airline remains successful. Equally British Airways to some extent having largely pulled out of the regions with customer service more reminiscent of some low-cost carriers but they continue to remain successful and iconic. Arguably, Flybe and airlines like Monarch and Thomas Cook were equally successful brands that could easily work again even if at the time they didn't.

I quite like this new livery but wonder if the original brand was tarnished too much to have any chance of success in its reincarnated form. Management clearly think it can. Perhaps LBA should hope for a reincarnation of something predominantly white with red and yellow along with black titles! If only they were still around today! But times move on and we still have a worsening pandemic to get out of so I for one am grateful for what is currently operating at LBA

I presume this Pheonix Flybe has paid all it's debts with whatever cash injection they've got from wherever and will be starting with a clean slate. Silly me, things don't happen that way do they.

Starting all over again with no debt and probably with a new boss. What a great wheeze someone thought. What can go wrong??? They must think the name will be held in high regard. By whom I would ask. I can't see it I'm afraid.

Did they collapse owing LBA any money I wonder?

The new legal entity that is Flybe Ltd. purchased the old company and its assets from the Administrator. In all likelihood the debts of the old airline remain with the Administrator to pay off from the proceeds of the sale, although it’s highly likely the creditors will get back only a small part of what they’re owed.

The new legal entity that is Flybe Ltd. purchased the old company and its assets from the Administrator. In all likelihood the debts of the old airline remain with the Administrator to pay off from the proceeds of the sale, although it’s highly likely the creditors will get back only a small part of what they’re owed.
If anything considering the size of the debts when they went under.

Flybe have appointed turnaround expert Dave pflieger as chief executive ahead of the relaunch

Flybe are to commence operations at Birmingham using an all DH8 fleet with routes to be announced later. The website and branding appear to be the same as before! There will be other bases so I wonder if they take a punt on LBA?

I very much doubt it. I would imagine that they will build up slowly at BHX and in a couple of years may branch out to other airports.

Sounds typical. Same old, same old. I doubt we will see them at LBA despite the obvious potential.
Agreed they have lots of potential here. I’m thinking a London route would be good. And also something to Scotland. Aberdeen or Inverness.

if they were to fly further afield then maybe Düsseldorf back would be good as there’s nothing to Germany from LBA apart from Jet2s Christmas flights.

I reckon the best we can hope for is a Southampton or Exeter. They will not be bothered about this place unless they see it as a useful route from Southern bases.

Yes it's that time of year once again when we can all start dreaming of what will never happen the following year. Does somebody want to start a new thread? "2021-2 LBA Christmas Wish List"

For Flybe LBA (if it ever did happen) Routes I would like to see: ABZ, IOM (1/2 weekly tops), BHD (still think there is potential for more seats in this market), SOU/EXT, LCY/LHR (if on a code share) BRU, DUS & CDG. non look likely, but we can hope. so much potential for a strong European city flights from LBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock