Re: Durham Tees Valley Airport

I think too much of a coincidence that Balkan appear to be dropping MME. for S14 too?

Doncaster a bit different, as they have successfully managed to convince local development agencies and authorities to throw funding their way..

Durham Tees Valley Airport: Slump in passenger numbers leaves terminal £3.6m in the red

Pre-tax loss of £3.6m in the 12 months to March this year compared with a £6.8m profit in the previous year

The owner of Durham Tees Valley Airport has been strongly criticised after the struggling facility plunged into the red.

The airport slumped to a £3.6m pre-tax loss in the 12 months to March this year as it suffered a further slump in passenger numbers.

The deficit compared with a £6.8m profit in the previous year.

Bad weather and slow recovery in the UK economy were blamed for a 12% plunge in passenger numbers from 192,488 to 168,756.

At its peak in 2006 the airport, which last month announced it was ditching holiday flights, served almost one million customers.

Read more: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... mp-6295032

Really not good for my local airport. I remember when Teesside had multiple flights per day with all the big operators now it's a ghost town. The KLM and T3 keep it open with GA. I done my PPL and hour building there such a shame for the airport.

I honestly can't see a future for the airport, even now with the economy showing signs of picking up. I hope I am proved wrong though.

I presume you mean that you can't see a future for the airport Aviador.

It has been on the slippery slope for some time now and it seems that the owners are doing everything they can to speed up the demise, presumably so they can develop the land. Great shame to see a once busy little airport going this way.

Britannia Express

Sounds like a ticketing agency to me. They say they are going to use other European carriers rather tan operate their own aircraft.

This sounds even more implausible as they will have to contract other airlines to fly from Durham Tees Valley to the destinations mentioned to commence later this year. All that MME has at the moment are KLM to Amsterdam, Eastern to Aberdeen and a seasonal Flybe to Jersey.

Britannia Express has a website that contains little of substance other than notional fares to various destinations and a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page that is even less illuminating.

First Speedairways at CWL, now Britannia Express at MME. Sounds a bit like Silly Season to me.

Just seen an advert on Easterns ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page advertising their MME-ABZ route for as little as £80 each way! Going to be an interesting battle!

Loganair flights take off
16/10/2017
BRP_161017-12.jpg

‘A very significant week in delivering our plans for securing the future of Durham Tees Valley airport and its contribution to the region’s economy’

That was how airport Chief Executive Steve Gill greeted the start of Loganair’s new services which will see up to three weekday non-stop flights between the Durham Tees Valley and Aberdeen, as well as a non-stop flight on six days per week linking Durham Tees Valley with Norwich.

Said Mr Gill “The arrival of a well-established airline such as Loganair is exactly in line with the strategy we set out in the business plan for Durham Tees Valley to concentrate on supporting and developing services focussed on providing vital connectivity to the business community. We are not ruling out developing leisure routes in the future which will need to driven by local market demand and have alignment with airline strategy. The priority is to secure the future of the airport until such a time that this becomes viable.

“We are delighted that Loganair has shown such confidence in Durham Tees Valley, and believe it marks the start of a successful—and growing—partnership. As well as the new flights, it is especially encouraging that the airline has chosen Durham Tees Valley as its second crew base outside Scotland.

“Alongside Loganair’s arrival other major developments are underway at the airport, including the terminal improvements which are nearing completion, involving the remodelling of the departure lounge, with a new Xpress café and bar, the provision of free unlimited Wi-Fi, together with designated work stations and charging points.”

The start of the new services was celebrated through the airline tradition of a commemorative cake, enjoyed by some of the first passengers on the new Loganair services before they departed.

Both of the routes will provide extra connectivity for the region through a codeshare with Loganair’s sister company bmi Regional. Passengers travelling via Aberdeen can access easy onward links to Orkney, Shetland, the Danish seaport of Esbjerg and Norway’s capital, Oslo.

Kay Ryan, Loganair’s commercial director said: “It’s fantastic to commence services on these two routes, acting as an important gateway for the energy sector.

“Bookings have been extremely encouraging since tickets to Aberdeen went on sale a few months ago, even more positive when considering this is additional Aberdeen capacity from DTVA. We’ll continue to keep pricing competitive and ensure quality of service remains a major priority.

“The daily link to Norwich is by far the fastest way to travel between the two points, with land transportation taking up to five and a half hours or a number of different rail connections so we’d strongly encourage anyone in the business community with links to either destination to opt for aviation next time they are making the trip.”

The new Logan services are operated by a 34-seat Saab 340B aircraft.

Flights leave DTVA at 07:20 (Mon-Thu), 10:20 (Mon-Thu) and 17:10 (Sun-Fri) and 20:20 (Thu-Fri) for the one-hour sector to Aberdeen.

Return flights from Aberdeen leave at 08:50 (Mon-Thu); 13:00 (Sun-Fri) and 18:50 (Sun-Fri), arriving in DTVA one hour later.

Flights from DTVA to Norwich leave at 14:20 (Sun-Fri), arriving in Norwich at 15:20.

Return flights from Norwich depart at 16:00 (Sun-Fri), arriving in DTVA at 17:00 – saving a five and a half hour road journey.

Lead-in fares for DTVA to Aberdeen International Airport begin at £59.99 each way while prices for a one-way ticket to Norwich will start at £49.99. All Loganair fares include a complimentary 20kg checked baggage allowance and in-flight refreshments.

The airline also enables customers to pay by credit card without surcharge. Bookings can be made directly via www.loganair.co.uk or via calling Loganair on 0344 800 2855.

Superbreak have added more one off flights to new destinations for next year from Durham Tees Valley. This is what is onsale already.
Verona, Venice and Lake Garda. 4 night break departs 14th May and returns 18th May.

Malta: Mdina and Gozo. 3 night break departs 25th May and returns 28th May.

Madeira: Funchal and Islands experience. 7 night stay departs 16th November and returns 23rd November.

Loganair axing the Durham Tees Valley link - Norwich link as of January 5th 2018 due to very low passenger numbers. According to the November CAA stats they only avarged 5 per flight.

The airline will continue to battle it out on the Durham Tees Valley - Aberdeen route against Flybe/Eastern Airways.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock