Blimey - so Leeds only has seasonal Jersey and Guernsey and Southampton as domestic routes. Surely MME must now has more destinations on offer than LBA!

The LBA Commercial Team really do have their work cut-out to redress the balance here.

It's worse! MME will serve two London airports from 6 July.

LCY will be one rotation M-F from 6 July, rising to 2 rotations M-F from 14 July. Served by a Saab 2000.
LHR will be one rotation from 6 July, rising to 3 rotations a day from 13 July. Served by a E170.

And just as LBA has lost any link to London. I really wish LBA could have attracted these routes.

It's worse! MME will serve two London airports from 6 July.

LCY will be one rotation M-F from 6 July, rising to 2 rotations M-F from 14 July. Served by a Saab 2000.
LHR will be one rotation from 6 July, rising to 3 rotations a day from 13 July. Served by a E170.

And just as LBA has lost any link to London. I really wish LBA could have attracted these routes.
Surely can't see MME having 2 London routes. I'd expect that if they are successful getting the Heathrow slots then they'll transfer the LCY service to Heathrow.

Are slots at LHR that easy to obtain ?!

In terms of the slots I think these are from the remedy pool which BA owns from the BMI acquisition, but is forced to offer to any airline who offers to run domestic services. Previously Little Red has some before folding, and more recently FlyBe had quite a few before folding.

Basically the slots were freely available for this route and BA have to yield, I do not think Eastern has had to get these slots at the normal market rate.

In terms of the slots I think these are from the remedy pool which BA owns from the BMI acquisition, but is forced to offer to any airline who offers to run domestic services. Previously Little Red has some before folding, and more recently FlyBe had quite a few before folding.

Basically the slots were freely available for this route and BA have to yield, I do not think Eastern has had to get these slots at the normal market rate.

There was a lot of talk a little while back from LHR about reviving their lost domestic links.

BA must think now that they won`t need them for some time to come.

It’s not up to BA tho. They are obliged to give up the small pool of remedy slots if an operator wants to run domestic flights. Hence even before this BA were forced to give the slots to FlyBe to let them run domestic flights.

Slightly perverse in that the turnaround of MME is largely thanks to the efforts of the local Conservative elected mayor and public money.

Usually the Conservatives are averse to state intervention in owning and financially supporting airports. The linked local newspaper report (see below) of a few months ago shows the Labour mayoral candidate concerned that the money might be better spent elsewhere. It's obviously party political sniping but the irony of the situation from both sides is delicious.

The one question mark of course is how will things pan out when the tax payers' contribution to the airport and its services is withdrawn?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock