I’m not a huge fan of the rebranding. Just can’t see how people will pronounce it correctly.

I wish them all the best meanwhile and hope the rebranding works for them.
Yeah I'd have thought something like South Wales aviation or Wales aviation may have been better.

Why change the name. If it aint broke then why fix it.If they have to have a new name include Wales in it.

It's good to see the company recognising Welsh culture, history and language - I assume CAERDAV is an abbreviated version of Caerdydd Aviation (I'm not aware of a Welsh word for aviation but would be pleased to be corrected) - but it might take a while for people outside Wales to become accustomed. Some might take time to seek the source of the name which would be no bad thing.

I'm not Welsh but I'm very much in favour of countries' individualism being preserved.

Why change the name. If it aint broke then why fix it.If they have to have a new name include Wales in it.
This is only me guessing but i wonder if it's to disassociate it with Bruce Dickinson as i think he's no longer in charge and give the company a fresh start. I do think eventually people will get used to the name.

There is going to be a series about e-cube the aircraft dismantlers based at St Athan. Apparently it's going to be on the Discovery channel but no date for airing has been given yet according to a post on SWAG. There is this promo though on YouTube.

I noticed E -CUBE has had 4 or 5 aircraft this week. They must be busy. How long to part out a aircraft,depends of size I suppose.

eCube has only had two aircraft this week with a total of 4 this month.

31/08 A321 UR-COJ
27/08 B736 LN-RRY
22/08 A332 A9C-KB
22/08 B736 LN-RRP

The length of time to scrap these aircraft varies tremendously and some aircraft maybe even looked after just for storage.

Jet2 aircraft for instance has had some of the vital items removed and added to their spares inventory relatively quickly suck as engines/APU etc. The airframe itself may not be broken up for months.

The BA A319 that arrived today at St Athan and parked on disused for E cube.Does any one know what its doing. Is it to be scrapped or maintainence.

The A319 of BA are not old aircraft. It shows airlines are in favour of the A320/A321 aircraft BA wont miss out on a profit for selling on as they will do ok for spares. Also it shows how a throw away society we have become,that will change some what in many different fields with the re cycling that is being done now.

The A319 of BA are not old aircraft. It shows airlines are in favour of the A320/A321 aircraft BA wont miss out on a profit for selling on as they will do ok for spares. Also it shows how a throw away society we have become,that will change some what in many different fields with the re cycling that is being done now.
Although not old it's probable that their number of cycles are high as these aircraft i believe are used for 3 to 4 rotations a day so quite more landings a year say compared to a Jet2 757 or TUI Boeing 737 or a BA 747.

Although not old it's probable that their number of cycles are high as these aircraft i believe are used for 3 to 4 rotations a day so quite more landings a year say compared to a Jet2 757 or TUI Boeing 737 or a BA 747.

Yes, this is the point. Number of cycles is the factor dictating scrapping these aircraft at the age they are.

DSG or design service goal on the Airbus single aisle fleet was 48,000 FC. Airbus has competed an ESG or extended service goal on the A320 to 60,000FC where Airbus will support high flight cycle aircraft. Airbus is currently just completing this extension to the A319 also.

The biggest factor in replacing the 319 for 320/321 is that Heathrow is chronically slot restrained - adding an extra rotation isn't an option therefore the only option is a bigger aircraft. Something EZY is doing at LGW by using A321 at the busiest periods of the day in terms of slots.

The biggest factor in replacing the 319 for 320/321 is that Heathrow is chronically slot restrained - adding an extra rotation isn't an option therefore the only option is a bigger aircraft. Something EZY is doing at LGW by using A321 at the busiest periods of the day in terms of slots.

Quite right for a long time the maxim for airlines at Heathrow has been put the biggest aircraft in you can unless it's a slot sitter.

Quite right for a long time the maxim for airlines at Heathrow has been put the biggest aircraft in you can unless it's a slot sitter.
I remember reading as well that Heathrow were going to reward airlines for using bigger aircraft

The site of the former MOD St Athan has now been named Bro Tathan business park and apparently named after a local Celtic saint.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock