On SWAG they say landing for eCUBE. Perhaps they will over spill a little to get it parked. They have sure got a lot of aircrafts this year for scrapping.

There is the the other side of the road in st athans but nothing has been towed over there for years. Maybe if it continues to grow this will become a possibility.

The area the opposite side of the road at Pucketston is the location of GJD services that intend to open an aircraft museum in 2019.

The old crossing is now the entrance for Aston Martin so will not be possible.

I seen the apron on Saturday and there were 8 British Airways planes available including the A319. It has also been reported that one of the ex Jet2 Boeing 737-300 now being moved to the scrapping area joining an ex BA Boeing 767 and ex Balkan Holiday Airbus A330.

There has been an influx in arrivals for eCube on a unpresidented scale.

Historically the rate of two aircraft per month had been delivered to eCube and occasionally 3 per month. In previous years January / February tend to be quiet for new arrivals for eCube so let’s wait and see what 2019 brings.

Thank you, I thought it was a process that was applied to aircraft - I suppose it is in a way.

TUI G-TUMA was damaged by a baggage truck in Keflavik and will apparently arrive at St Athan at 11am.

Looks like the crew didn't fancy staying in Cardiff as G-TUMA diverted to it's base in Manchester!

I find it odd as the SAS 737 600 was able to land but the TUI MAX 8 diverted north.

Thought I should ask again folks - I have never been to St Athan and would love to log/snap the aircraft there, I know spotting is very difficult there - but hoped anyone who has or does visit here can tell me where to get any views and photographs using a 300mm lens on a crop body camera another words 450mm eqv.

Ta very much in advance.

E.

Thought I should ask again folks - I have never been to St Athan and would love to log/snap the aircraft there, I know spotting is very difficult there - but hoped anyone who has or does visit here can tell me where to get any views and photographs using a 300mm lens on a crop body camera another words 450mm eqv.

Ta very much in advance.

E.
Apparently there is a railway bridge nearby where you can get good photos from. Not sure exactly where it is though.

When traveling from Cardiff airport towards Llantwit Major you pass the main turning to St Athan village and stay on the B4265 and then take the next right. It’s a small road but within about 200 yards of turning onto this road you will be on the railway bridge.

Do we know where G TUMA was repaired come the end. I see the aircraft is enroute from LPA to man. The damage could not have been too major.

Do we know where G TUMA was repaired come the end. I see the aircraft is enroute from LPA to man. The damage could not have been too major.
Manchester in the end by the looks of it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock