lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
United-Kingdom
Easyjet have just announced there 3rd route from Birmingham Airport. They already operate seasonal winter services to Grenoble and Geneva but have also just added twice daily flights to Belfast commencing from October 22nd.

As things stand both bmi baby and flybe both already operate the Birmingham - Belfast services but with bmi babys future been in in air still I wonder if Easyjet are looking to step in and replace them at Birmingham Airport.

There is a rumour that when EDI get their next based aircraft BHX will be one of the new destinations. Not holding my breath until I see an official press release.

Easyjet finally return to BHX tomorrow when the Belfast service commences.

Looking at the seat plans for this winter the Saturday afternoon Geneva service, which seems to route BRS-GVA-BHX-GVA-BRS is showing as an A320 instead of the usual A319.

Apparently loads are light but not totally empty, similar to when the Man service started but it should hopefully come good once established.

EasyJet has today (October 22) launched the only daily service between Birmingham Airport and Belfast International Airport.

The new A320 service will increase on October 29 to two flights a day on weekdays and one on weekends. The low-cost carrier said the route was aimed at the region’s business passengers by providing a regular service between the two cities.

The route was previously operated by the now defunct bmibaby until it consolidated its operations at Belfast George Best City Airport in 2011.

Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK commercial manager said: “We’re excited to be celebrating easyJet’s first year-round route from Birmingham. The move marks easyJet’s commitment to strengthening its network across the UK with a particular focus on supporting business passengers.

“Our schedule, with flights operating at peak morning and evening times, also reflects our continued focus on meeting the needs of business travellers, as well as offering leisure travellers affordable access to Northern Ireland.”

A second new route between Birmingham and Stockholm will also begin operating on October 29, courtesy of Scandinavian Airlines (SAS).

The new daily SAS service, the only one operating between the two cities, will be mainly serviced with a 120-seat B737-600 aircraft.

Martyn Lloyd, commercial director for Birmingham Airport, said: “We’re delighted that SAS has recognised the need for services to Stockholm for Midlands’ business and leisure travellers and has taken the decision to expand its route network from Birmingham Airport. We look forward to welcoming passengers on the services this winter to Sweden’s wonderful capital city.”

A320? Surely must be a typo?

http://www.routes-news.com/news/item/73 ... fast-route

Hopefully it does well for them. I could see an EZY base at BHX having huge potential.

I agree, I reckon someone like Jet2 or Easyjet is exactly what BHX needs.

Apparently BHX have approached Easy several times but the stance is that they wouldn't be able to get the yields required. Rumour has it Easy have told BHX to 'make them an offer they can't refuse', but as we know, that isn't BHX's style :s_sad

I guess new piers, new towers and a runway extension don't pay for themselves.

Jet2 is more like Monarch than Easyjet and there's already a sizeable Monarch base. On the otherhand, I would think BHX is the next obvious base for Jet2 expansion.

Good to see the route performing well.

easyJet adds extra flights to Birmingham

easyJet, Northern Ireland’s largest airline, is to increase its flights between Belfast International Airport and Birmingham in response to high demand.

A second Sunday flight departing at 13.25 from Belfast and 14.50 from Birmingham will be added to the schedule from 31 March 2013. Flights are now on sale at www.easyJet.com with fares from £22.99, one way including taxes.

easyJet began its Belfast International to Birmingham service in October 2012 and in just over one month has flown 14,000 passengers on the route. The additional frequency will add an estimated 13,000 passengers per year taking the total to 150,000.

Ali Gayward, easyJet Head of Northern Ireland said: "We only launched our Birmingham route in October and due to an overwhelming demand for affordable fares, we are delighted to announce the doubling of our Sunday flights. This additional frequency will see an increase from 12 to 13 flights per week.

"Our aim has always been to make travel easy and affordable and we’re delighted to be able to show further commitment to Northern Ireland by responding to demand and adding the extra service.

"Sunday is a strong travelling day for both business commuters and people on weekend breaks, therefore doubling our Sunday offering will give our passengers further choice in flight times at affordable prices.

"Earlier this month easyJet introduced allocated seating on all Belfast flights from 27 November. This, along with our Flexi fares reinforces easyJet’s position as Belfast’s leading airline for business passengers."

http://corporate.easyjet.com/media/late ... sc_lang=en

Does Flybe or another airline operate to Belfast City from Birmingham? The reason I ask is because usually where flights operate to the city airport, flights to the international airport don't usually perform as well. Locally (in Belfast) the city airport is preferred by most people because it's much nearer to where the majority of people live.

Flybe operate into city airport.

Historically they used a mix of prop and E jets but when bmibaby went the service became all jet. Since Easy arrived on the scene they have gone back to a mix of Q400's and E jets. Flybe were in growth on Oct last year which is a good sign.

Not much change for BHX for winter. Belfast sees an extra rotation on Thur and Fri from Oct making it three daily. Geneva remains 3x daily on Saturdays (2x A319 and 1x A320), 2x daily Sunday and daily the rest of the week and Grenoble remains weekly.

Re: EasyJet Winter 14/15

easyjet
winter 2014/5

Good to see easyjet increase the Belfast to three daily on five days a week, now only Tuesday at twice daily and Saturday at once a day

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock