Moo2009

Aug 19, 2009
http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml? ... highlight=

If this works it says BA to start flights to LBA

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

"In late April, we completed our purchase of bmi. As a result, British Airways is able to manage its wider Heathrow slot portfolio more effectively and is launching a new route to Seoul later this year. Airports across the UK and beyond have contacted us about starting services and, subject to reaching satisfactory agreement with them, [hi-lighty:imjctzpf]we plan to also launch flights from Heathrow to Leeds-Bradford[/hi-lighty:imjctzpf], Rotterdam and Zagreb and increase frequencies to existing key destinations. Consultation continues with bmi mainlinestaff and their trade unions about plans to integrate the business into British Airways.

Super news !

:clapping: :yahoo: ;) :tease: :s_cool :s_thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
I did say LBA-LHR is to re-start, as I am partly responsible for the route. It's currently planned at 3 daily with scope for increases.

Aircraft will be A319.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

Well, some good news if it happens - it was the only real Leeds-London option that made any sense. The A319 sounds a better aircraft than the ERJs that the BMI service got reduced to.

Will also be interesting to see how KLM react, if it does go ahead.

Well who says rumours don't come true.

Well done to the LBA managerment on getting the London Heathrow route restored and bringing British Airways back.

What a week this had been. And surely we are now on for the magic 3 million pax.

[ Post made via Android ]
Android.png

It's some of the ex-BD slots at MAN which will be used at LBA, as there is some overlap there. LHR-LBA is roughly same block time as LHR-MAN, so made sense to use some slots here.

Like I say, currently planned in at 3 daily, and will give you flt numbers and times when I am authorised to do so (unless a press release beats me to it).

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

This is fantastic news. What kind of advance / discount pricing can we expect? Will it be competitive with the train?

This week just gets better for the airport. We'll definately have 3 million by the end of year if this route is confirmed.

Prices will range from £34 and upwards, depending on advance purchase and loads.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

They will run under shuttle signs, in line with the rest of the domestic network.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

I don't post very often on this site but am an avid reader. I am one of those ppl who travel over to MAN just to fly with BA so I am really really happy that I can now support my local airport whilst also supporting my favourite airline. I for one, will be sure to use the service to its maximum, as i am sure many business and leisure travellers will. With the onward connections with BA, and indeed the notion that you are flying into lHR even if you don't connect with a BA flight, this new link will provide great convenience.

Does anyone know if BA do through checking of baggage if the subsequent flights are not with BA or on the same ticket? This provision would also help with increased use of the service.

:LOL:

Todays news states that IAG have lost £211 million, much worse than they expected. Hope that doesn't make them reconsider using LBIA.

Maser, they announced LBA in the same press release as the £211 million loss.

I fly mainly for leisure and visiting new places, just genuniely love the thrill of flying and me for one will certainly be using the LBA-LHR route for a few cheeky breaks in the capital, well done :pleasantry: :good:

Are we on a roll or what!! I need to go on holiday more. Came back off holiday last month to find we had got Thomsons and Loganair. Come back this week and it's Monarch and BA.

I am off again in July, so hopefully it will be Lufthansa and Emirates next time (as if!!).

Great news, hope the announcement is soon! Certainly a good week for LBA and several positive comments about the terminal works, now all we need is positive news about Thomas Cook and 2013! + a link to Edinburgh. I would love to see a reasonable priced carrier on this route-- never used Bmi Regional as always too expensive.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock