backtrack

Jun 24, 2009
Leeds, UK
I thought the LBA thread allready had a thread dedicated to TOM, but cant find it?

Does anyone know why the B767 service to BGI was delayed so much today. The departures show is was meant to go via MAN, at 08.15 with the inbound a/c arriving from BHX at 0600. It shows it didnt depart for MAN untill 12.38...

Not sure exactly but I heard that initially the flight was positioning in from BHX but got delayed because of snow there. Then the departure Bridgetown got delayed because of fog at MAN where the aircraft was supposedly doing a splash and dash as LBAspotter calls it. The silly thing is that the aircraft could have made it across the pond without stopping en-route. In the past Halifax, Nova Scotia has been used by Thomson's for re-fuel stops. I think security factors also play a part in the matter because additional checks are required on all flights landing or overflying the US, so I think it's just easier to bi-pass the US by going across the mid Atlantic.

Indeed, it was scheduled for a splash and dash. We seem to have had little luck with our TOM long haul flights so far this season, i hope it doesnt effect the airline operating from LBA in the future. It has made it in the past in similar circumstances.

Aviador, did we ever have a Thomson thread before or was i dreaming it? Im sure we did.

Yes I'm sure we did but I don't know what happened to it. It wasn't deleted by me. I don't think it will have been deleted maliciously.

A 767 came into HUY at 7.40 from Dublin, then went to Birmingham at 8.00, could this have been the reason for delay, do not know why it came to HUY.

I saw on the LBA arrivals board on Thursday night that the TOM Boeing 767 was coming in from MAN, not BHX. Was there a late change? Anway, I know it didn't arrive into LBA until around 3 hours late and by the time it was due to depart, it still hadn't arrived.

Hi

Dose anyone know whats happened to todays Thomasonfly Alicante service? Its currently not showing on either both the LBA live arrivals and Departures screens. Also they dose not seem to be any flights flied by Thommos into or out of LBA today.

Hopefully someboby wont tell me they have cancelled the service and rebooked pax onto the DSA and MAN flights instead like they normally do??

eastcoaster said:
The Alicante flights have now finished.

Do TOM not plan to operate the ALC flights throughout the summer then, silly question you may think, i suppose with Jet2 and Ryanair both operating rather regular services to the spanish city.

I saw 2 elderly passengers turn up for the ALC flight last week. Only to be told it was operating from dsa. Wasn't there a post on another thread that said the were stopping the flight and replacing it with something like sharm? I'm probably wrong

Just flown back from ALC into DSA today, no flights to the LBA for the last two weeks (16 & 23 Feb). I am not 100% sure but I think the a/c now operates into LPL.

Last paragraph moved to the DSA thread.

Aviador

Is this a quiet time of year for Alicante or something? I noticed that the Ryanair ALC flight into LBA was also cancelled yesterday evening.

White Heather said:
Is this a quiet time of year for Alicante or something? I noticed that the Ryanair ALC flight into LBA was also cancelled yesterday evening.

White Heather, I believe that was due to the ongoing strike action by some French Air Traffic Controllers which is going on from 23rd til 26th Feb, as to the reason that this flight was cancelled.

Another disappointing offering from TUI. I thought the LBA Management would have gone after TUI especially as their new terminal building will need filling.

As long as TUI have a base at DSA and another at MAN, then I don't think we are ever going to get much out of them. It is not just us - LPL has next to nothing too.

I am certain that LBA management will be trying hard to get them back to LBA at the expense of DSA, but I recall that TUI signed another contract to base at DSA last year and our best hope is when that contract expires and if the terminal is completed. IF TUI think they can attract more passengers from LBA than DSA,and at comparable cost, then I am sure they will look at coming back again in the future, but for now LBA need to concentrate on those companies who do base here, in particular Thomas Cook who are doing great for us.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock