I generally ignore this sort of 'survey'. People like to whinge but rarely praise. Skytrax is a typical example where the moaners dominate completely. One person once gave an airport 1/10 - they said it would have been 0 if it had been possibe to award that - merely because there was no water fountain in the terminal.

It's the age-old story about life: if you have a good experience you might tell someone; if you have a bad experience you will tell everybody.

I flew with Ryanair today and I had nothing to complain about. I do still prefer Jet2 as you can take more onboard and theres more room on board but with Ryanair you can't go wrong with the price or the experience (in my opinion anyway). We were lucky and got the newer interior each way so my opinion may have been different with the old.

It is one of the things my family and friends often ask me !
Why are landings at Lba often hard followed by heavy braking. It has put one or two off flying from Leeds.

Came back this afternoon from FAO on FR2504 on EI-GDR which is a newish plane...pushed back 10 mins early and landed 20 mins early. In a very low misty foggy LBA......again nothing to complain about BUT when he did finally touch down on the runway (well down the runway) I can honestly say I didn’t realise a 737-800 could stop that quick and so hard....the smell from the brakes was immense...really bad...but any landing’s as good landing!

But a great landing is one where you can use the plane again:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can honestly say the worst landing I have ever had was a heavy landing in dense fog at LBA, and you could smell the landing and we’re not talking the brakes!

All modern aircraft have auto brakes with anti- skid protection.
We had steel or carbon brakes on the A300 but carbon seems to be the norm now which need to be warmer to be effective.
Several setting are available for autobraking so maybe they were set high due to the weight and landing distance.

Came back this afternoon from FAO on FR2504 on EI-GDR which is a newish plane...pushed back 10 mins early and landed 20 mins early. In a very low misty foggy LBA......again nothing to complain about BUT when he did finally touch down on the runway (well down the runway) I can honestly say I didn’t realise a 737-800 could stop that quick and so hard....the smell from the brakes was immense...really bad...but any landing’s as good landing!
Looks like that flight had a good two and a half hours turnaround plenty of time for the brakes to cool down! Minimal reverse thrust if any to save fuel. Good old Ryanair. Always counting the pennies. Oh sorry Euro's.

The cabin width of the 737 300 is 3.54m. So is the 800 and I would think every other 737 will be more or less the same, depending on whether or not the interior trim is the same width. All the 737s use basically the same fuselage that first appeared on the 707 in 1954 and later on the 727. I would assume that certainly on Jet2, all the seats are the same width, whether you are flying in a 300 or 800, so they are interchangeable. Perhaps it is something peculiar to Ryanair and their seat design?

In my opinion I think Ryanair need a pat on the back....as mentioned tonight Jet2 have really cut back services through Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb. I am fortunate enough to have a house in the Algarve and this time of year up until now I have had to go over to MAN for a flight (exc Christmas) but Ryanair have kept 2 flights a week throughout this period for the first time this year which is excellent....they are always the first airline to get knocked but I cannot fault them and long may they continue to operate out of LBA! .....and dare to tread where TUi daren’t.....

I agree, we recently had a couple of flights with them and will happily use them again. No complaints at all..

Ryanair Sun SP-RSC

An additional seasonal Kraków flight RYR2350 is on its way to LBA, just passing to the north of Norfolk, operated by B737-800 SP-RSC which is ex EI-GJW.

In my opinion I think Ryanair need a pat on the back....as mentioned tonight Jet2 have really cut back services through Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb. I am fortunate enough to have a house in the Algarve and this time of year up until now I have had to go over to MAN for a flight (exc Christmas) but Ryanair have kept 2 flights a week throughout this period for the first time this year which is excellent....they are always the first airline to get knocked but I cannot fault them and long may they continue to operate out of LBA! .....and dare to tread where TUi daren’t.....

I'd say the same I also have a place in the Algarve as use FR and EZY to Faro from LPL often. I'm more often on FR as their times are often the best, plus ( touch wood ) I've never had a delay.

Happy New Year to all. I’m trying to book a Ryanair flight to Murcia in the summer and according to this thread they have MJV down as the destination airport. However the new airport opens on the 16th January and on the Ryanair web site nothing is bookabke after February.

Does anyone know if Ryanair intend to fly to the new airport? I’ve even tried Manchester to see if there was an issue with Leeds but that threw up the same problem unless I’m using the wrong browser!!

Any help would be appreciated.

The "cheap" fares are out there. You just have to keep looking and be flexible with your dates. Fortunately I can do both.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock