Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
May as well create a thread for this.

Air Blue to start BHX 3x weekly with A343. LTN will also start and MAN will see an increase.

MAN-ISB 5 weekly A340-300
MAN-KHI 2 weekly A340-300
MAN-LHE 2 weekly A340-300
BHX-ISB 3 weekly A340-300
LTN-SAW-ISB 2 weekly A320

http://twitter.com/AirBluePakistan

We can confirm that Airblue will be serving two new destinations to UK. First is Birmingham and second will be London Luton. The London Luton route will be served via Istanbul.

I wonder if/how this will affect PIA?

Air Blue are giving PIA some fierce competition at Manchester airport but PIA has done nothing to counter Air Blues expansion there. They seem to react either very slowly or not at all to competition so it will be interesting to see how they react to this development.

I'd heard that the BHX flights would be with a 343 but a comment from Air Blue suggests it isn't yet decided.

The ISB-MAN will be operated by A340 non stop and ISB-Luton will be operated by the same setup which is under operation now on ISB-MAN. On top of that we have not specified the equipment for Birmingham as yet. Also we did not said at any place that we are running we are walking but increasing the pace a bit.

I think the 343 direct would be better placed up against PIA rather than a tech stop in Turkey but at 3x weekly that's around a thousand extra seats to be filled each week. All should be revealed in the next 2/3 weeks.

Seems it may all have been a bit of a con :sad:

"We would like to inform you that the page was hacked and the posts you saw about expansions were posted by those who hacked it. Its been back into safe hands and we the admins would like to say that whatever was posted was under discussion but Airblue has no confirmation regarding that. As soon as the information is available the page will be updated about it. We at this page have always been cautious about revealing something that has no foundations from within the Airblue. We will continue to do so and until the A340s are here and until the relevant airport and Airblue sign the route opening papers this page will not confirm it.

We apologise to those who have been offended by the posts or messages or anything that might have been said."

At least it says that whatever was posted was under discussion, so here's hoping a service to BHX does materialise eventually. Time will tell.

Fingers crossed it's a case of there's no smoke without fire and plans are in the pipeline.

We will continue to do so and until the A340s are here and until the relevant airport and Airblue sign the route opening papers this page will not confirm it.

A sensible move.

BHX possibly still on the cards in the future.

Routes 2012: airblue considers UK expansion options

Pakistan’s second largest carrier, airblue, is in discussions plans to expand its activities in the UK market as it embarks on a fleet expansion following the arrival of additional A320 Family aircraft and its first A340-300 wide-body jets.

The airline is studying new flights to London and Birmingham while it plans to also increase its presence in Manchester, an existing market for the carrier.

A new link to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia is also due to be introduced, subject to the carrier securing traffic rights.

airblue was established in 2003 and inaugurated operations on June 18th, 2004 initially on domestic routes from Karachi to Islamabad and Lahore.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/ ... n-options/

So the flights are still on the cards. It sounds like the person who hacked their posts must have known something about what was going on anyway. Sounds more like a ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service***-up than a hacking. :rolleyes:

Well, if they were to start, it would offer PIA some competition as they don't seem to be doing anything with their usual 4x weekly service.

That's interesting. It is indeed bookable, but there's nothing on which aircraft is to be used.

EDIT: I've just seen an announcement on the website. This is great news for BHX, never mind getting two new long-haul services in one year, but BHX's first ever A340 scheduled service!

Good stuff, it'll be interesting how PIA react. Air Blue are getting more popular by the day and already have a loyal following which is only getting bigger.

The schedule

Sat PA226 arr BHX 21.25 PA 227 dep 23.30

Wed PA226 arr BHX 20.15 PA227 dep 21.25 - from the end of October this flight departs at 22.30

So until next summer, we won't be able to see it in the light unless it's delayed by 12 hours. Still, should make good photo opportunity in the dark.

I hope it does well.

It'll make a nice addition to the BHX portfolio and it will be good to see Lahore back on the screens.

...look forward to working with Birmingham Airport and the Midlands’ Pakistani community to make sure these services are a success and to grow our operation in the future.”

I think they should do well and will give PIA a run for their money.

On Saturday evening Air Blue will be using stand 8C in the old T2/Eurohub, whether this is permanent I don't know but it seems slightly odd after building a pier capable of handling 8 wide bodies.

Subject to change of course.

Can only assume they're using the Eurohub side due to a lack of space; with Emirates, PIA and Air India all on the ground at that time as well as other flights and based aircraft returning it will be quite busy.

Have often wondered now BHX is a "one terminal' facility why we don't see other airlines using the Eurohub stands? Surely it would make more sense for airlines who use smaller aircraft (ie Aer Lingus Regional) to use the old T2 and allow the bigger aircraft to make full use of all the airbridges provided on the international pier? Seems silly that the bigger Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson jets have to use the stairs for boarding when all the airbridges are fee but a little ATR pushes them all of the centre stands.

Ray Finkle said:
On Saturday evening Air Blue will be using stand 8C in the old T2/Eurohub, whether this is permanent I don't know but it seems slightly odd after building a pier capable of handling 8 wide bodies.

Subject to change of course.

Almost forgot about the new service. :blush:

Bit odd. No spaces available maybe?

I'm not sure it would be affected by the pax off the other wide bodied flights, on a Saturday (assuming no delays) PIA arrives at 16:05, Air India at 18:00 and Emirates at 19:35 whereas Air Blue isn't due until 21:25, roughly when the others are about to go. Parking shouldn't be an issue either as there are more than enough wide bodied stands on the pier. T2 is very run down with small baggage belts and often limited border staff and it can get very busy at the best of times, so adding an A340 to the Saturday evening Flybe and Ryanair arrivals sounds a little odd to me.

The only things I can think of are either as it's a 23:30 departure with an above average chance of a delay maybe the airport want the regular night stoppers in position ready for the morning departures so they don't have to have staff on throughout the night to tow them into position, or possibly that Air Blue are getting some kind of discount to use the old building rather than the new pier.

Maybe I'm just looking in too deep and it's just the way it is.

Have often wondered now BHX is a "one terminal' facility why we don't see other airlines using the Eurohub stands?

I've often wondered that too. The only reason I could think of is as I've said above, T2 is very small and run down so it could be possible Flybe and Ryanair get some sort of discount to use it?

Never really understood why they claim BHX is "one terminal" when theoretically it is still two; just sharing the same security zone. Either way it's a shame it will be dark when Airblue arrives as being on the Eurohub stands would offer some nice photos.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock