Premium Member
Subscriber
Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
Last edited:

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall
I am gussing Loganair will probably add Belfast City, Isle of Man, Jersay, Guensay & Newquay at some point. Plus hopes maybe Carlisle, Derry, Newcaltle could come alomg at some point. We will probably see a mix of ATR, ERJ & Saab aircaft.

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
Flybe never operated Newcastle so I doubt that'll happen.

They can serve Aberdeen and Inverness from their existing bases, but to serve the other destinations you mention would require Loganair to setup a base at BHX. Loganair largely operate from bases in Scotland. One of Flybe's problems was over expanding, so I doubt Loganair will make the same mistake.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I can see Loganair expanding into Belfast city but I don't see them replacing Flybe UK wide.

smithy108

Premium Member
Subscriber
Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Aberdeen is to be 3x daily with Inverness once daily.

Great to see such a quick response and I'm sure more will follow in due course.

Otisblue

Jul 20, 2017
Birmingham
You can also now book through flights to Orkney and the Shetlands via Aberdeen which should generate
some traffic. Not cheap though.

Otisblue

Jul 20, 2017
Birmingham
That is the only issue price how do they relate to Flybe prices.
I was referring to the prices to fly BHX-Orkney/Shetlands Rob, which as far as i am aware was not available with Flybe. The cheapest Aberdeen fares look fairly similar to Flybe, especially as they include 15k hold luggage. In saying that it looks like a lot of days the cheaper
fares have already gone...........

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
nice to see them jump in ons a few routes, maybe they could compete with Easyjet on Glasgow and Edinburgh, and help keep the fares down, and add more frequencies?

However the use of 50 seater E-jets are a bit worrying, not the idea aircraft, as BMI showed for regional routes!

Maybe they might purchase a few of the Flybe dashes? would any airline want them?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
nice to see them jump in ons a few routes, maybe they could compete with Easyjet on Glasgow and Edinburgh, and help keep the fares down, and add more frequencies?

However the use of 50 seater E-jets are a bit worrying, not the idea aircraft, as BMI showed for regional routes!

Maybe they might purchase a few of the Flybe dashes? would any airline want them?
If they were to purchase aircraft i'd have thought it would be ATRs as they will be replacing their Saab 2000s with ATR42s.

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
Aberdeen is to be 3x daily with Inverness once daily.

Great to see such a quick response and I'm sure more will follow in due course.
Not sure where todays developments leave the often used excuse used for BHX's poor recent record in atttracting new airlines that negotiations take a long time. Admittedly unusual circumstances but shows if airlines are sure there is a market it will be served.
That in itself makes me worry about the lack of recent progress.

Rob c DSA

Platinum Member
May 27, 2017
worksop
How are Loganair managing to put so many extra flights on they've obviously the aircraft available to do so does that mean that at present they've aircraft sat about idle a fair amount of the time?

Top Bottom