I've added a airport news section located above the BHX forum page. The benefits of this is news articles can be featured on the site homepage; all the news items for BHX can be featured together in one place; it creates a one stop point for BHX news; it prevents the forums generic threads from being pushed off the 1st and 2nd page of the forum.

If a news item is relevent within a specific generic thread within the forum, the preferred way of reporting the news within the thread would be to add a link.

Examples below.

Adding a URL will show as:

Birmingham airport implements electronic flights progress strips

or

Using the forums link code will show as:

Birmingham airport implements electronic flights progress strips

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this so mods please move if appropriate.

This is just a message to let people know to be very careful if using the viewing area in Sheldon country park as yesterday I was violently mugged at knifepoint.
I don’t want this to happen to anyone else so make sure to be on your guard and be extremely careful if you have any camera equipment. The police are aware and are investigating.

Not a very pleasant message to have to write but I want make you all aware.
Note: edited to remove extra details on advice of police to aid anonymity

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this so mods please move if appropriate.

This is just a message to let people know to be very careful if using the viewing area in Sheldon country park as yesterday I was violently mugged at knifepoint.
I don’t want this to happen to anyone else so make sure to be on your guard and be extremely careful if you have any camera equipment. The police are aware and are investigating.

Not a very pleasant message to have to write but I want make you all aware.
Note: edited to remove extra details on advice of police to aid anonymity

On this forum you are the second person in as many months to report a vicious attack in Sheldon Country Park. It seems as if word has gotten round the criminal circles that there are folks with potentially expensive equipment frequenting the park and they are now targeting the area. Such a sad situation especially with it being an extremely popular spot for families. Up until recently my wife used to head there with our kids so they could ride their bikes about, not anymore.

I can only echo all of the other sentiments above wishing you a speedy recovery.

Shocking news. I hope they find the perpetrator(s) soon so people can get on with their lives without feeling intimidated.

@Ashwo99 if able could you pop a description of the person(s) on here so people can look out for them.

It goes without saying we wish you a speedy recovery, mentally and physically.

Its probably best that people don't go there on their own. If you do intend to go, go in groups.

By all means, use our PM system to arrange day trips with other members you know and always tell people where you are going.

Ashwo99, wishing you a speedy recovery, am very sorry to hear about this horrible news.

I'm absolutely horrified to see that two attacks have occurred in this supposed to be safe and friendly day out for families. I will think twice before heading to the park again.

Bunch of losers who have nothing else to do but to ruin someone else's day and their hobbies.

Shocking news. I hope they find the perpetrator(s) soon so people can get on with their lives without feeling intimidated.

@Ashwo99 if able could you pop a description of the person(s) on here so people can look out for them.

Watch out for a gang of youths wearing grey tracksuits, dark beanie hats and bikes, they were wearing all the same and as you can see, generic clothing. Be very careful and do not approach as at least two were armed with knives.

Watch out for a gang of youths wearing grey tracksuits, dark beanie hats and bikes, they were wearing all the same and as you can see, generic clothing. Be very careful and do not approach as at least two were armed with knives.

Very sorry to hear of this second attack in a few weeks and hope you recover quickly - physically and mentally.

It could be useful if the forum admin, who know the victim of the first attack, could pass on a description of that attacker for the benefit of visitors to the Park.

BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT ANNOUNCES NEW CHARITY PARTNERSHIP

Birmingham Airport, the Midland’s largest airport, is delighted to announce its new three-year corporate charity partnership with locally based charity, Solihull Mind.

Solihull Mind provides a wide range of services to those with mental health problems. The charity works across the borough of Solihull and support reaches many areas in close proximity to the airport, including; Balsall Common, Castle Bromwich, Chelmsley Wood, Dorridge, Kingshurst, Knowle, Meriden and Smithswood.

Mindful of the large number of people living in communities close to the airport, Birmingham Airport has a long track record of successfully implementing measures to mitigate any negative effects of its operations. An integral part of the airport’s new sustainability strategy is a reaffirmation of its commitment to play an active role in the life of those communities impacted by the airport’s operations.

Through its previous charity partnerships, Birmingham Airport has held large scale events such as an abseil down its head office building, as well as the airport’s midnight runway run, which provided a unique opportunity to run the 3km length of the runway, raising a total of over £15,000. Activities such as these are also complemented by regular, smaller-scale fundraising activities across the airport and surrounding community.

The decision to support Solihull Mind came directly from Birmingham Airport employees, who were given the opportunity to nominate local charities. All 800 employees had the chance to vote for the new charity partner.

Nick Barton, CEO of Birmingham Airport said: “We understand the effects of our operation on our neighbours and are proud to give something back to the local community. With Solihull Mind emerging as the clear winner of our staff vote, mental health is something which resonates with many of our employees. We’re excited to be raising awareness of the incredible work of this charity and have some exciting activity in the pipeline.”

Dave Skerrett, Chair of the Board of Trustees at Solihull Mind said: “We are delighted to have been chosen to be the charity supported by Birmingham Airport for the next three years. We are looking forward to developing the relationship which we anticipate will be hugely beneficial to both organisations and, more importantly, will help us to not only maintain our current services but also enable us to develop and deliver more mental health support for the people of Solihull.”

For more information on Solihull Mind, please visit www.solihullmind.org.uk

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock