Jan 2, 2010
Leeds
Some video footage I have of Heathrow:

June 2007

Views Over London and Landing

Heathrow and West London from 36,000ft

Re: Heathrow Airport video thread

Incredible!

From a distance the aircraft look like a flock of birds joining the queue.

Re: Heathrow Airport video thread

Great find Ray, it's an amazing piece of footage. I was surprised at how few an far between larger types were in the footage. Most aircraft appeared to be of the narrow bodied types.

I enjoyed it Buschi.

Neat and includes a lot in such a short video.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Great footage Hassaan13 thank you for sharing it with us. I love the noise of the aircraft on the climb out. What was your filming location?

Thanks Aviador.

It was filmed from the grass area at the end of Myrtle Avenue, it's a popular spot for photographers.

Nice footage Hassaan. To add media click on the film icon above in the post reply taskbar. If you hover over it's shown as "media".

https://www.Social Media.com/bigjetproductions/

A British Airways A 320 flight from Budapest attempting to land at LHR yesterday during Storm Doris had a remarkable escape from what looks like a severe case of wind shear. It looked for all the world that it was going to plunge nose-first into the runway but the crew reacted instantly to recover control.

The relevant action starts from around 1 min 30 seconds into the video which may take a few seconds to get going.

The above link won't lead to the video in the normal way. It's necessary to block and copy the URL. The video which is on a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page (no need to be a FB member to view it - I'm not) really is worth a look.

Fascinating glimpse at LHR in 1964 in one of Rank's Look At Life series - you have to be really ancient to remember those at the cinema.

The full colour video shows LHR under huge development with motorway links, hotels, multi-storey car parks etc being built. There are also shots of the aircraft of the time: VC10, Boeing 707, Trident and so on.

In 1964 when the film was shot the narrator tells us that Heathrow was handling 8 million passengers a year soon to be 10 million. Towards the end of the film there are some shots of Gatwick, then handling over a million passengers a year and expected to increase to 2.5 million in 1970 and thereafter to 5 million.

Even then, we are told, Heathrow and Gatwick won't be able to cope with all London's air traffic in the 1970s, so we are given a peek at Stansted which will become London's third airport.

What they would have thought then at the prospect of Heathrow handling 75 million a year and Gatwick 40 million, heaven knows.

It's a good quality look back at Heathrow half a century ago.

Fascinating glimpse at LHR in 1964 in one of Rank's Look At Life series - you have to be really ancient to remember those at the cinema.

The full colour video shows LHR under huge development with motorway links, hotels, multi-storey car parks etc being built. There are also shots of the aircraft of the time: VC10, Boeing 707, Trident and so on.

In 1964 when the film was shot the narrator tells us that Heathrow was handling 8 million passengers a year soon to be 10 million. Towards the end of the film there are some shots of Gatwick, then handling over a million passengers a year and expected to increase to 2.5 million in 1970 and thereafter to 5 million.

Even then, we are told, Heathrow and Gatwick won't be able to cope with all London's air traffic in the 1970s, so we are given a peek at Stansted which will become London's third airport.

What they would have thought then at the prospect of Heathrow handling 75 million a year and Gatwick 40 million, heaven knows.

It's a good quality look back at Heathrow half a century ago.
Great bit of film. 'Every man and his wife' lol.

While i was doing my day job i had the opportunity on Wednesday while i was near Heathrow to test out my new camera so this is the result.

Fine selection there, Jerry. I have a feeling this won't be the last time you will be videoing at LHR.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock