Aer Lingus

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Been reported on the dried fruit by OltonPete that Aer Lingus are reducing BHX-DUB from 5-4 weekly and the last rotation of the day will switch from Airbus A320 to Cityjet on a much smaller jet. Quite a lot of capacity gone on BHX-DUB

:arghh:
When does it start?

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
That's OK BRUM, I depend on knowledgeable folks like yourself as I am hampered by my medical woes to be bothered with fact checking on such a good natured forum as this. However I am sure if demand exists someone will step in.

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Been reported on the dried fruit by OltonPete that Aer Lingus are reducing BHX-DUB from 5-4 weekly and the last rotation of the day will switch from Airbus A320 to Cityjet on a much smaller jet. Quite a lot of capacity gone on BHX-DUB

:arghh:
4 to 5 weekly or do you mean daily?

If true, either way depressing. Dublin: safest route of them all.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
I am wondering if Mr. Walsh at IAG is thinking of cutting BHX entirely from his stable of airlines. BA has gone, Vueling has not done much , nothing from LEVEL and now Aer Lingus being nibbled at.

I have regrettably been unable to visit the airport for some years, has the HELLO WORLD sign been replaced with one with a giant finger pointing south with the exhaltation ''Heathrow thataway''?

Last edited:

Brummiegem

Apr 10, 2014
Birmingham
Dublin is big business for both Aer Lingus and Ryanair.
Is this a permanent thing,or just for the peak summer period.
If it is the latter then I don’t think we should be worrying too much.If not then,maybe the ‘B’ word is having an effect on business between the U.K. and Eire.
Whichever it is I don’t think it will be permanent.

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
yes as per my timetable I posted back at the end of March, the evening service EI276/7 changes to an AR8 from 16 May until 30th September, however the arrival and departure times have changed to 21:05 and 21:35, however google flights only have the AR8 operating until the end of August?

The AR8 is also now operating on the Saturday EI272/3 again until the end of September.

Nethercote2019

Apr 17, 2019
Birmingham
I think Dublin is BHX largest passenger route, however I do know a lot of people who have been to Dublin recently for weekend & said how expensive it was there...

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
It is a route approaching 1 million a year passengers shared by only 2 airlines. A tweak in the timetable is really no need for concern.

nwoody2001

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
And to be clear, this is only summer seasonal reductions over the business “off-peak”?!

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
Really, summer off peak? As of Irish stock myself I would suggest it has little to do with tourism but more a matter of business and family connections thus there is no good or bad with a BHX-DUB service unless the accountants have squealed loudly enough. Just my personal view of course given my bloodline etc.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Thanks for the info Jerry, that might explain one of the reasons for the changes in the next few weeks. However as other posters have already mentioned Aer Lingus do have a habit of deploying the A320 aircraft on the busy summer seasonal routes in the summer so not really a BHX problem.

Look forward to hearing more of this new Aer Lingus product (y)

Advertisement

Top Bottom