SV123 operating direct from Medina 12 & 13 Sep

Well presumably JED-MED-MAN

Last edited:
I notice there was no Riyadh flight today and the SV web site shows only connections via Jeddah in October as far as far as I can tell.

Was it only intended to operate for a limited period, or is this a temporary cut during a quiet season?

It always baffled me whilst it was seasonal. It was one of only two seasonal routes Saudia operate and whilst I know it is the season which is busiest on Saudi routes, it would do well as a business route.

Whilst it operated, loads were consistently high and in some cases higher than Jeddah.

Expanded slightly I think as I looked at June in the internal systems and the flight was there. I didn’t check what date it did actually start though.

B77W to be used on Saturday. Both Sat and Sun have economy sold out, and just 4 business class seats left on Sat and 3 on Sun.

It’s really been a great success story so far this flight. After their failed JED-RUH-GVA-MANvv attempt a few years ago, when they proposed a return with direct flights, I wasn’t that hopeful. But here we are with sold out flights 5 weekly most of the year, and daily flights split between RUH, MED and JED in the summer.

It's great to see the ties between the Middle East and north of England grow, much of which is caused by these direct air routes.

A pattern that hopefully repeats itself with other parts of the world in the future.

Disappointingly, it now appears the slots have been receded for the RUH-MAN flights this summer, retaining just the 5x weekly JED-MAN. Annoying as loads were good and it provided a link to the KSA capital but nevertheless, shouldn't moan!

Noticed they've tweaked timings since the beginning of March. Now arrives 11.45am and departs 3.15pm

Interestingly so far this is only scheduled for March - not beyond he start of the summer schedule.

Also, these new timings bring the flight in line with the majority of Saudia's European services - especially the majority of JED/RUH-LHR flights.

This adds some significant capacity to the route over the winter period. One wonders if any sort of 777 operation is lined up for the increased demand in August - considering the Riyadh route will not be resuming.

Interesting to note that the timings have now reverted to the tweaked arrival/departure. Arriving from JED at around 1145 and departing at approx. 1615 at the moment.

777-300ER ops also still scheduled for the winter period.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock