Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Hi forumers, the dialogue is on the quiet side at the moment especially when so much is going on at the moment in the aviation world....?

The number of people coming to view the site remains high and the number of registered users remains high but without the continued support of our users making regular contributions to the threads, the forum will cease to exist. I trust the reason why so many people are still visiting the forum is because we share a common interest in airports and aviation in general. Discussions about any topic relating to aviation are welcomed here from anybody. You don't have to have specific knowledge to make a post, you just have to have an opinion or information you would like to share.

After many years of working at Leeds Bradford Airport I will shortly be leaving. I have a life long interest in aviation and Leeds Bradford Airport. I am happy to continue to provide this forum for everybody to continue to use and enjoy but if people don't show an interest and take part I may have to re-evaluate whether it is worth while to continue the forum at a personal cost to me.

Re: Forum Traffic

Sorry to hear you are leaving Lbia and hope its what you wanted to do. Good luck for the future and I will try to post as much as I can.

• Admin

I think the main thing is we need to get new people posting. We have hundreds of members who are visiting regularly who are registered with us but who also fail to ever make any sort of contribution to the forum.

I too send my best wishes to Aviador in his future employment.

I also add my voice to the request that more people participate in the forums. The more people who do the stronger and more valuable the forums are.

I know that people lead busy lives and perhaps don't feel that they always have the time to devote to posting what they might consider meaningful comments. Posts don't have to be full of factual matters, carefully researched.

Gut feelings, opinions, criticisms on aviation matters (so long as they are constructive, not libellous and not aimed at anyone personally) are always welcome. The wider the range of views we can get the more interesting it is for everyone.

We don't all have to agree about a subject. Argument and debate should be the lifeblood of any forum.

If anyone has any questions about the industry just shout out. We are not all experts but we might know the answer or know someone who does or know where and how to find out.

So please let's have more of our members who don't post giving us the benefit of what they feel about airports, airlines and aviation generally.

I too am sorry to hear your leaving LBA Aviador. If you don't mind me asking what did you do up there?

As for the forum I thank you for it. :hatsoff: I was a member on another site for a few years before finding this gem! I do still read the other from time to time but find the friendly atmosphere on here so much nicer especially when posting. It seem the other site has some real animals on it! For example a young kid just finding an interest in the industry is barked at because he/she doesn't know the difference between an airbus and a Boeing! Or asking so called questions deemed wrong for that particular segment of the forum! No thank you....

This forum has been a real blessing to me. I come on and read different discussions about different airports on a very regular basis and post from time to time too.

Once again thanks and please as bigman says keep up the good work! :good:

Aviador if you can make up a new banner add up I will gladly get it displayed onto me website if it helps drive new people to join into the forum. I also noticed over the past 2/3 weeks that things had gone really quite. I suppose it doesn't help when not much is happening regarding airline expansion in the UK a especially at LBA the moment. Things might start happening when the summer season starts also next month the tour operators and low cost airlines will start to release there summer 2015 plans so we may see some new route highly anticipated announcements...

Also good look with you new job and I agree with everyone else thanks for having this forum and keep up the good work.

I am afraid thatyou will always get people who will just "read" and do not wish to contribute. It has already been stated that this is a very friendly site with "pensioners" down to the "teenagers" as members. My first visit to LBA was in 1968, so I have seen lots of things happen but I have still learned a great deal from this forum.
Good luck to you in your future career and I hope you keep the forum going.

• Admin

Thanks guys for the best wishes in the new job. I've not left yet and it'll be a few weeks before I do. LBA787 I trust you have read your PM.

The whole forum is achieving around 5000 unique visitors a month (these are generally regarded as new visitors). We have around 22,000 site visits and 100,000 page views a month so the forum content certainly sparks plenty of interest. I've always been baffled as to why so few people want to take part in the discussions. It's a public place, we're not a clique and everybody is invited whatever their opinion is so long as it's legal.

LBAspotter, that's great if you would. If anybody else wishes to use the banners linking to their own website feel free to use them and if you do, let me know and I'll return a link from here.

View media item 2274
View media item 2275
View media item 2277

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems that other aviation forums have been relatively quiet in recent weeks. The Airlines , Airports and Routes forum on the Dried Plum (the forum I tend to read on that site) has been noticeably quieter than usual in recent weeks, as has a forum devoted to Wales aviation that I follow.

Maybe it's that time of year when most of the new airlines and routes at airports have been published for a while and we are now waiting to see how the summer season shapes up.

Ive got to be the first to admit that i love coming on this forum to find out news specifically for BHX which is my airport and sometimes i do come to post something but also find that somebody has beaten me to it, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Must give a massive thanks to Ray_Finkle on the BHX page as he contributes the most.

Also must say that this forum is soooooooo much better than other forums as they are just full of BHX versus MAN willy wavers, something i see very little of on this site. So thanks to everybody for this, we must be a bunch of more mature guys/girls. :good:

I must say I for one would be gutted if anything happened to this forum, especially the LBA thread. I have for several years now been a daily visitor to this forum, sometimes 3, 4 times a day! to read what is going on at my local airport. I am only 18 and must of joined when I was around 15! the forum has provided me with vast in-depth knowledge about aircraft, airlines and mainly LBA and I for one appreciate this a lot. Forums 4 Airports is a great website to visit as everybody is so nice and they will offer advice and answer any questions you may have. It has a real community feel which I am proud to be apart of.

It is hard to talk about topics sometimes when not a lot is happening at the airport, however the new threads being created is definitely bringing back some chatter!

As I am a huge supporter of LBA, my future ambition would be to get a job at the airport! I am just wondering what jobs other forum members have at the airport and if they can provide me with any advice to what would be the best way to get a job there. I am also looking at the option of going to university to study Airport and Airline management, so any tips or advice would be cracking!!

Brum X said:
Ive got to be the first to admit that i love coming on this forum to find out news specifically for BHX which is my airport and sometimes i do come to post something but also find that somebody has beaten me to it, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Post away, even if it's just an opinion it's all very welcome, sometimes I feel like I'm posting to myself on the BHX thread :rolleyes:

Brum X said:
Also must say that this forum is soooooooo much better than other forums as they are just full of BHX versus MAN willy wavers, something i see very little of on this site. So thanks to everybody for this, we must be a bunch of more mature guys/girls. :good:

Totally agree. I read other forums but the infantile bickering puts me off ever posting on them, I'm glad this place steers clear :)

Post away, even if it's just an opinion it's all very welcome, sometimes I feel like I'm posting to myself on the BHX thread

I get exactly the same feeling on the MAN threads Ray. Plenty of page views, but not much discussion.

I read evey post on the site even if I don't have time to reply.

So do I but then, unlike Aviador who works and has a young family, I have the time to do it being retired. Well, officially retired that is. Some said I was retired during my so-called working life.

There is no doubt that some forums are more popular than others in terms of posts. We constantly try to find ways of getting more members to join in, especially with some of the less popular forums, unfortunately with mixed success but we keep at it. I say we but I really mean Aviador who works extremely hard in the background to keep the site functioning.

I've just done some more advertising for the Manchester and Birmingham forums. When I get round to it I'll do some more for Bristol, Doncaster and any forum or threads that receive regular posts along with some generic ads. Ideally, targeted ads on aviation related websites are the best way to pull people in but they cost more than the site can afford. If anybody has a website related to airports, travel or the tourism industry who would like to exchange links please let me know. The returning link to your website has the ability to help your site not just Forums4airports!

Visit our links page....forum112.html it's located in a prominent position at the top right of the page.

Boy it has been a while since I have managed to get onto this site (busy doing other things work-related) but I do try and scan the site when possible.

Even though it has been a while it does seem to be the same usernames that I see (mainly on the BHX site). I think it is a problem not just for this site but most (if not all) others. I do not use the "fruity site" but tend to focus on Airliners as a rule. Even there (apart from the MH370 threads) it seems to be the same names cropping up time and time again. I am of the opinion that websites like this do tend to attract a varied group of viewers / readers who will post when a subject attracts them. The big problem is trrying to attract "new blood" for their views and opinions. No-one can be forced to submit their views but it is very nice to hear from other people from time to time. I see no easy solution for this problem but bear in mind that you are not alone in having this as an issue. We can only hope that people do try and post more, which will hopefully attract other people to respond in kind. I have been taking notice of this myself (4th post within the last 65 minutes!!!).

There is a lot in what you say CL44. Most aviation message board sites and other subjects for that matter (I post to two other aviation forums as well as to Forums4Airports which is my main one and also to a football message board) and all have a nucleus of regular posters with others (not always the same others) chipping in much less often.

As you point out, there is no easy solution other than trying to maintain an interesting forum that with luck will encourage others to join in.

Some people have an interest in the subject but fear their knowledge is relatively scant, whilst believing that most other posters are steeped in aviation and will regard inexpert comments with amusement or even disdain. This does happen on at least one aviation forum that I know :plums: but it is something we go out of our way to point out doesn't here and that everyone's views are equally valid and welcomed.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock