Flying from Brum? Tell us where you're going

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
In a burst of optimism today we have booked a fly cruise from Malta flying from BHX September 2022, P&O say flights will probably be with TUI so may get the chance of flying on the Max although I would like a last trip on a 757 which won't happen as by then they will be all gone from TUI and I don't think they operate them to Malta anyway.

Also we are due to fly Jet2 to Gran Canaria this September having had it twice cancelled from last year and this May.

We Rollo's give up easily.

P.S. got a caravan booked in Poole next month!

Nethercote2019

Apr 17, 2019
Birmingham
Perhaps should re title where I’m not now going, I’ve just had my September trip to Poland with Lufthansa cancelled which is a blow, they altered the flights slightly a couple of weeks ago, so I was confident of going. So nil flights for me since Jan 20 !

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Given up on our trip to Gran Canaria in September too much uncertainty from the powers that be who dont seemto know their bum from their elbow regarding travel requirements. We have moved to next to May third time lucky he says hopefully.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Given up on our trip to Gran Canaria in September too much uncertainty from the powers that be who dont seemto know their bum from their elbow regarding travel requirements. We have moved to next to May third time lucky he says hopefully.

I am sorry to hear this news rollo, it really is a pile of ----

I would be going in just under 4 weeks frrom now and keep thinking about the last time I went, I even have to watch my trip report on youtube that I recorded 2 years ago to get a feel for going on my holidays.

I miss it so much and I miss the good old days so much. :(

Just walking through WorldDuty Free and trying on all the fragrances, buying a plane model on the plane, having a couple of hours in one of the lounges at BHX, some plane spotting and then getting on the plane with lots of other happy people. I hope these days come back soon.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
And then to make it worse, you look out your window here and every day its the same cloudy, cool damp dreary weather, its enough to make you go pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft :censored::censored::censored:

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Super memories - hopefully some new ones won't be far away. The last time my wife and I went abroad was in December 2019....to Lanzarote, not a million miles from the destination in your excellent video. :)

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
There's a reason I ask. I want to get a flight from Berlin to BHX via BRU, but I just don't trust that it wont get cancelled. It's showing availability on the 29th August. Wanted to see if anyone here knew something more concrete. Saying that, any concrete doesn't seem to set during this pandemic, if you know what I mean. Everything is in flux. Maybe stick to LH via FRA

Cheers

Karl

Ash

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Oct 14, 2012
Europe
I would just take the LH flight personally. I have been travelling back and forth to FRA continuously throughout this whole pandemic and the service has been very reliable. Entry formalities are a breeze even with COVID in FRA compared to the horrendous (and incredibly rude & hostile) Border Force mess at UK airports.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.