In a burst of optimism today we have booked a fly cruise from Malta flying from BHX September 2022, P&O say flights will probably be with TUI so may get the chance of flying on the Max although I would like a last trip on a 757 which won't happen as by then they will be all gone from TUI and I don't think they operate them to Malta anyway.

Also we are due to fly Jet2 to Gran Canaria this September having had it twice cancelled from last year and this May.

We Rollo's give up easily.

P.S. got a caravan booked in Poole next month!

Perhaps should re title where I’m not now going, I’ve just had my September trip to Poland with Lufthansa cancelled which is a blow, they altered the flights slightly a couple of weeks ago, so I was confident of going. So nil flights for me since Jan 20 !

Given up on our trip to Gran Canaria in September too much uncertainty from the powers that be who dont seemto know their bum from their elbow regarding travel requirements. We have moved to next to May third time lucky he says hopefully.

Given up on our trip to Gran Canaria in September too much uncertainty from the powers that be who dont seemto know their bum from their elbow regarding travel requirements. We have moved to next to May third time lucky he says hopefully.

I am sorry to hear this news rollo, it really is a pile of ----

I would be going in just under 4 weeks frrom now and keep thinking about the last time I went, I even have to watch my trip report on youtube that I recorded 2 years ago to get a feel for going on my holidays.

I miss it so much and I miss the good old days so much. :(

Just walking through WorldDuty Free and trying on all the fragrances, buying a plane model on the plane, having a couple of hours in one of the lounges at BHX, some plane spotting and then getting on the plane with lots of other happy people. I hope these days come back soon.

And then to make it worse, you look out your window here and every day its the same cloudy, cool damp dreary weather, its enough to make you go pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft :censored::censored::censored:

Super memories - hopefully some new ones won't be far away. The last time my wife and I went abroad was in December 2019....to Lanzarote, not a million miles from the destination in your excellent video. :)

There's a reason I ask. I want to get a flight from Berlin to BHX via BRU, but I just don't trust that it wont get cancelled. It's showing availability on the 29th August. Wanted to see if anyone here knew something more concrete. Saying that, any concrete doesn't seem to set during this pandemic, if you know what I mean. Everything is in flux. Maybe stick to LH via FRA

Cheers

Karl

I would just take the LH flight personally. I have been travelling back and forth to FRA continuously throughout this whole pandemic and the service has been very reliable. Entry formalities are a breeze even with COVID in FRA compared to the horrendous (and incredibly rude & hostile) Border Force mess at UK airports.

Just flown to Malta with Ryanair. Early morning flight but everything was pretty much open & security super efficient at BHX (only criticism was that they were rude). Had a great buzz about the place, can’t wait to fly to fly from there again in December to Lisbon.. Also on a side note, don’t let the extra form filling put you off, it’s 100% worth it!

Flew from BHX to EDI (Edinburgh) yesterday with Easyjet, got to BHX at 05.30am to get my flight at 08.20, took me 1 hour 30 minutes to get through to the Duty Free Shop, lol. As soon as you get to the Burger King (Landside) you are told to start the process where you snake back and forth, round and round and round around those stupid barriers until you finally get to the security search area. However alot of this delay is caused by passengers, there are notices everywhere advising passengers to take out electonic items such as laptops out of there hand luggage and what do some people do, leave them in there hand baggage. So this is what is causing some of the delays, however I also noticed that staff were walking around the endless que asking if anybody was due to depart on flights before a certain time and then these passengers were rushed straight through to the front of the que, so you can't ask for more than that.

Also we are quick to moan about BHX, however what I experienced yesterday at EDI (Edinburgh) is nothing more than a dirty, cramped, out of date airport which cannot cope with the amount of passengers/airlines it handles. It truly is a horrible airport in every way, the airport is just a dozen sheds bolted together to increase its size. Arriving back at BHX yesterday evening was like landing back at our equivalent of Doha Hamad in comparison to Edinburgh. It needs to be demolished and totally rebuilt, it is an embarrasment to Scotland capital city.

The retail/bar/restaurant area when you get through to departures is also not a patch on the central area at BHX, also Toilets were dirty, and the seating, well what can I say, it is those horrible uncomfortable wooden seats that as soon as you lie back, get a horrible pain in your back. Again at BHX, obviously not luxury but at least you don't sit on a piece of wood.

What the thousands of tourists must think of Edinbugh Airport is nobodies guess and I suppose it doesn't put people off from visiting this city. Also the bus from the airport to the city centre (100 Airlink costs £4.50), by comparison our X1 (Birmingham - Coventry via Airport/NEC) costs £2.40.

FYI Easyjet were awesome, travelled on the A320 NEO in the moring (Nearly full but probably 93/94% full) and on the A319 on the retrun which was full 100%.

However despite the security delays at BHX and the chaotic scenes at EDI, it was actually nice to see some Chaos/crowds of people once again after the last 2 years (y)and lots of Easyjet flights departing BHX yesterday morning.

Our airport isn't too bad at all.

Last edited:
Also we are quick to moan about BHX, however what I experienced yesterday at EDI (Edinburgh) is nothing more than a dirty, cramped, out of date airport which cannot cope with the amount of passengers/airlines it handles. It truly is a horrible airport in every way, the airport is just a dozen sheds bolted together to increase its size. Arriving back at BHX yesterday evening was like landing back at our equivalent of Doha Hamad in comparison to Edinburgh. It needs to be demolished and totally rebuilt, it is an embarrasment to Scotland capital city.

The last time I used EDI was back in the days of BMIbaby but even then I seem to remember it not being what I expected.

Despite it's faults, and I'll admit that I am most likely biased, BHX is a bloomin decent airport. A bit of shopping and a bite to eat in the departure lounge then head up to the pier to chill whilst enjoying cracking views across the airfield (y)

Get that departure lounge extension done and it'll make it even much better.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock