michael

Dec 30, 2009
Wharfedale
It seems a shame that Flybe's aircraft do not show up on flightradar or on the planefinder app. Does anyone know if it is Flybe's choice or is it just their aircraft that don't have the relevant technology? ( Lufthansa E190's do show up on flightradar)

Thanks in advance

There are a couple of questions I have about FR24

1. Why do most smaller planes only show up on the screen when they are quite high in the air? These include all props (apart from the newest ATR 72-600s like those owned by Aer Lingus Regional) and most small jets like Bombardier CRJ's and Embraer jets.

2. Why doesn't it know where some planes are going or coming from? A plane sometimes takes off and it doesn't show the destination, or departure airport, or both.

I'm not entirely sure of the answer but could it have something to do with the transponder on those types of aircraft, after all, it's the transponder that provides all the information to Flightradar24 ?

There are a few different ones out there. I think Flightradar24 has got to be the best one though and the one with the least bugs.

It could have been worse :rolleyes:

Private-planes-flight-path-draws-a-penis-over-Florida.jpg

Hi all.
I'm having a problem with FR24.In fact I also have Planefinder which I am having the same problem with.
I am using an old i-padwith the original versions of both apps on it.The problem is they are both now refusing to load.Previously if either froze or did not work properly I would delete it and then reload them from the app store,from my own downloads page.
Usually this did the trick,although all previous alerts and preferences would have to be reloaded but otherwise it would work as before,and no problems,until now.
All my other apps are unaffected but both of these are just not working at all.
Anybody have any ideas???
It seems a bit bizarre that it is both plane radar apps that are affected,and nothing else?

I have had a few problems of late with FR24. I get a message saying "server problem try later" and other times the map loads but the data doesn't. This could be a server problem too but I might be wrong.

I know FR24 update quite often, and one of the updates has seen them change their aircraft photo source from Planespotters to Jetphotos.

Jetphotos has more photos overall and a few more "arty" shots but also some very odd ones that probably wouldn't be rated "good quality" on Planespotters, and just the other day I saw that the aircraft photo on FR24 for Emirates 77W A6-ENF was actually a picture of a 77L, A6-EWF. I don't know how they managed to mess this up as there are plenty of pictures of A6-ENF on Jetphotos.

Also it means that some aircraft that had images on Planespotters are now only represented by CGI images on FR24 because there are no pictures of them on Jetphotos.

This VLM Fokker 50 has a bit of a glitchy flight path (a purple line indicates a plane flying between 30 and 40 thousand feet, anything higher is a red line)

Well spotted jfy1999

Is it a VLM glitch or a FR24 glitch? I wouldn't like to be on the aircraft if it's a VLM glitch!

Well, FR24 has very recently updated the format of its website, and I can't say I'm impressed with what I've seen so far...

At first it was all fine. The display looks a lot smarter, scrolling through the airport arrival/departure boards and selecting flights to track was a lot smoother. One minor quibble is that the new site only displays some flight data, like aircraft altitude and ground speed, for free. The old site, used to display other data like the aircraft's latitude and longitude, squawk, radar, and vertical speed (rate of ascent or descent). Now it appears these other data are behind a paywall.

However, after a few days using the new format (I use an iPad mini), I've come across multiple problems, none of which were there at first. The mobile website has started repeatedly crashing. The old version had its fair share of crashes, but nowhere like as often as the new version. The webpage automatically reloads after a crash, but I've found that after a crash the new version doesn't reload airport flight lists or even display aircraft on the map, meaning you have to close the tab and open a new one.

I found the most common cause of crashes on the old version was scrolling through lists or panning maps too fast, or trying to click on other flights when one flight was still loading, but now even doing nothing can cause a crash on the new version.

In addition, the airport flight lists don't show all the airlines' names. Some airlines only have their IATA code displayed, which looks like this:

Flight Airline
LH956 Lufthansa
ZB446 ZB
BE411 Flybe
FR1122 FR

Finally, last time I visited the website it wasn't even loading a photo of any aircraft I clicked on. I'm not willing to fork out money just to have a website that works properly—that should be the bare minimum requirement for any website, so I hope very much that this is a work in progress and these are only teething problems.

I have tried, but I only have a mobile device at present, and the PlaneFinder mobile website doesn't display any flight information, so I would need to download the app. I'm not prepared to do that yet because of my experience with the FR24 free app, which was terrible.

To get a decent version of the app is quite expensive, and in the past I haven't seen the point of paying for features that are free on the mobile website, but now it seems FR24 are dispensing with everything that made them my go-to website!

I don't have a mobile device. I just rely on my Apple Mac desktop so, although FR24 seems to be giving a bit less information in its free version than it used to, I hope I won't have any problems.

Since reading your post I've tried FR 24 (it's not something I use every day and I hadn't realised the site had been altered) and it appears to be working satisfactorily with my desk top.

I invariably forget that mobile devices can't always cope quite as well with some sites as desk tops as I never use the former. Probably from being one of the first to use the Internet at home (nearly 20 years ago when I was in a distinct minority) I've been left behind in recent years with the move to mobile devices.

Hi jfy1999,Plane finder as a mobile app is allot better than FR24 it tracks most Biz Jets movements that are banned on FR24. I find FR24 on my mobile lags while scrolling the map,i have reported it to them but they say its working fine so i just put up with it :LOL:

the FR24 mobile site is working a bit better for me now. Although it still crashes often, there are now no problems with reloading and displaying airport/flight lists.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock