10 August 2018
Summer 2019 Flybe schedule announced
18 routes and up to 89 flights a week

Flybe has confirmed the continuation of its four summer sun routes with multi-frequency weekly services to Alicante, Faro, Malaga and Palma de Mallorca for Summer 2019 from Exeter Airport.

The flights will operate for the entire period of the 2019 summer schedule between 31 March and Saturday 26 October. Seats can be booked from Thursday 16 August 2018 on flights up to 16 June 2019. However, bookings for flights after 16 June 2019 will be open later.

Exeter Airport’s Managing Director, Matt Roach said: “Flybe’s commitment to these routes, which have operated year-round for the past few seasons, is great news. With seats going on sale our South West passengers can book flights for next summer to Spain and Portugal and enjoy the convenience of departing from their local airport.”

In total, Flybe’s Summer programme from Exeter features 18 routes with a total choice of up to 89 flights a week across the UK and regional mainland Europe.

Highlights of Flybe’s 2019 Summer routes from Exeter include:

• Alicante (Tues/Wed/Fri/Sun)
  • Faro (Wed/Sat)
  • Malaga (Mon/Thur)
  • Palma de Mallorca (Wed/Sat/Sun)
  • Paris Charles De Gaulle (daily)
  • Amsterdam (daily)
  • Dublin (daily)
Plus four flights a week to Norwich and the extension of winter ski service to Geneva through to end April.

Full details of Flybe’s 2019 Summer schedule are available at flybe.com

Roy Kinnear, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: “We look forward to welcoming many new customers on board next summer and hope that by putting these flights on sale now it will allow them the opportunity to plan their next summer travel early to take advantage of the lowest possible fares.”

Routes already on sale include the popular daily flights to London City, and three times a day service to the Manchester hub airport which gives plenty of opportunities for convenient onward connections.

As Europe’s largest regional airline Flybe offers many connections with the airline’s own
services and onward flights with airline partners to a large selection of global destinations from Manchester and other international airport hubs.

Check out all the connectivity options for seamless onward travel at the ‘One Stop to the World’ link at onestop.flybe.com then book direct with the onward airline or through a local travel agent.
https://www.exeter-airport.co.uk/summer-2019-flybe-schedule-announced/

I wonder why they have shown the Norwich flights as 'plus'. They are operating this summer.

Good news nevertheless that Flybe has maintained its commitment to the sun routes. A year or two ago they looked in doubt. Whether Flybe's latest strategy of returning to its core values will eventually see the elimination of sun routes remains to be seen. There is no mention of any new routes which is a bit disappointing.

I wonder why they have shown the Norwich flights as 'plus'. They are operating this summer.

Good news nevertheless that Flybe has maintained its commitment to the sun routes. A year or two ago they looked in doubt. Whether Flybe's latest strategy of returning to its core values will eventually see the elimination of sun routes remains to be seen. There is no mention of any new routes which is a bit disappointing.
Makes it sound like Flybe have added extra when in reality it's the same as last year.
Also in a way can the sun routes from airports like EXT be counted as it's core values because providing services like that from small airports like Exeter and Southampton and Cardiff is more of guarenteed market for them and i'd say fits into them as airline being the airline that serves the small regional airports.

Flybe Summer 2019
Alicante TBC
Amsterdam 7 weekly
Belfast City 7 weekly
Bergerac 2 weekly
Dublin 7 weekly
Edinburgh 7 weekly
Faro TBC
Glasgow 7 weekly
Guernsey 6 weekly
Jersey 7 weekly
London City 7 weekly
Malaga TBC
Manchester 19 weekly
Newcastle 7 weekly
Norwich TBC
Palma de Mallorca TBC
Paris CDG 7 weekly
Rennes 1 weekly
So far 91 weekly flights are onsale. I will update when the sun routes go onsale.

Apparently Flybe will base a 4th Dash 8 for the winter increasing CDG to 2 daily AMS to 11 weekly and MAN to 4 daily.
There is now a piece in the local rag.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/business/exeter-airport-now-extra-flights-1896080

I find Paris CDG interesting. I've not looked at the timings but if they provide the opportunity for a day's work at either end they might nick a few passengers from the southern part of the Bristol catchment. easyJet stubbornly persists with its single daily service despite selling out regularly and flybmi, although scheduling up to 3 rotations on some days, can be so unreliable with almost daily cancellations on its BRS network that if I was travelling to Paris I would not risk them. I can't be alone in this.

There is now a piece in the local rag.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/business/exeter-airport-now-extra-flights-1896080

I find Paris CDG interesting. I've not looked at the timings but if they provide the opportunity for a day's work at either end they might nick a few passengers from the southern part of the Bristol catchment. easyJet stubbornly persists with its single daily service despite selling out regularly and flybmi, although scheduling up to 3 rotations on some days, can be so unreliable with almost daily cancellations on its BRS network that if I was travelling to Paris I would not risk them. I can't be alone in this.
Had a quick look at the times and the morning departure from EXT is 06.30 and the evening departure from CDG is 18.00 and I'd imagine that the Air France codeshare is in effect so it shouid increase connectivity as well!

Flybe Summer 2019 Update
Alicante 4 weekly
Amsterdam 7 weekly
Belfast City 7 weekly
Bergerac 2 weekly
Dublin 7 weekly
Edinburgh 7 weekly
Faro 2 weekly
Glasgow 7 weekly
Guernsey 6 weekly
Jersey 7 weekly
London City 7 weekly
Malaga 4 weekly
Manchester 19 weekly
Newcastle 7 weekly
Norwich 4 weekly
Palma de Mallorca 3 weekly
Paris CDG 7 weekly
Rennes 1 weekly
108 weekly flights for Summer 2019.

Flybe Summer 2019 Update
Alicante 4 weekly
Amsterdam 7 weekly
Belfast City 7 weekly
Bergerac 2 weekly
Dublin 7 weekly
Edinburgh 7 weekly
Faro 2 weekly
Glasgow 7 weekly
Guernsey 6 weekly
Jersey 7 weekly
London City 7 weekly
Malaga 4 weekly
Manchester 19 weekly
Newcastle 7 weekly
Norwich 4 weekly
Palma de Mallorca 3 weekly
Paris CDG 7 weekly
Rennes 1 weekly
108 weekly flights for Summer 2019.
So the increases to CDG (double daily) and to AMS (11 x weekly) for this coming winter don't seem to have been carried over to next summer.

So the increases to CDG (double daily) and to AMS (11 x weekly) for this coming winter don't seem to have been carried over to next summer.
It doesn't look like it though there is still their phase 2 release to come so they might increase them then.

It doesn't look like it though there is still their phase 2 release to come so they might increase them then.
When you say phase 2 release do you mean the programme from mid-June onwards next summer. So far Flybe flights are only bookable until mid-June 2019. Is there an expectation that Flybe will add more flights (not just from EXT) into phase 1 that is already in the booking engine, or more flights for phase 2 over and above that for phase 1?

As for EXT-CDG I believe that this coming winter there is a morning rotation and a mid afternoon/early evening rotation. The rotation next summer at least until mid June departs EXT just after 10 and returns at 1400 hours. If they added a second rotation into phase 1 they would either have to alter the timings of the flights already advertised and bookable or operate an unbalanced programme (which is not unheard of with airlines).

If they do add a second CDG in phase 2 (ie from mid-June onwards) the same applies.

When you say phase 2 release do you mean the programme from mid-June onwards next summer. So far Flybe flights are only bookable until mid-June 2019. Is there an expectation that Flybe will add more flights (not just from EXT) into phase 1 that is already in the booking engine, or more flights for phase 2 over and above that for phase 1?
Yes they'll release the flights up until the end of October so it is possible then they'll add on any extra flights then. I don't know about other airports but i know Cardiff is still missing TXL and DUS and fingers crossed more and DSA is missing PMI i believe. So hopefully these will be released then. There is also Southend which isn't onsale at all.

Yes they'll release the flights up until the end of October so it is possible then they'll add on any extra flights then. I don't know about other airports but i know Cardiff is still missing TXL and DUS and fingers crossed more and DSA is missing PMI i believe. So hopefully these will be released then. There is also Southend which isn't onsale at all.
Just to clarify then, are you suggesting that the 'missing' destinations (TXL and DUS in CWL's case) might still be put into phase 1 and presumably continued into phase 2 along with any other additions or amendments - if so, the same might happen with EXT and other Flybe airports I suppose.

Just to clarify then, are you suggesting that the 'missing' destinations (TXL and DUS in CWL's case) might still be put into phase 1 and presumably continued into phase 2 along with any other additions or amendments - if so, the same might happen with EXT and other Flybe airports I suppose.
Yes it is possible i believe that they could be added when phase 2 is released.

With so much talk on F4A in other airport threads about the Flybe situation nothing has been written about EXT which is surprising given its wide-ranging relationship with the airline.

Flybe's headquarters are located there; so is its engineering base and training school; EXT also relies heavily on Flybe for its scheduled services.

A local newspaper article suggested that the Virgin news might mean the loss of several hundred engineering jobs. There might also be a question mark over the headquarters status.

Flybe operates from EXT to Alicante, Amsterdam, Belfast City, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, London City, Malaga, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich and Paris CDG, with seasonal routes Bergerac, Chambery, Faro, Geneva, Palma and Rennes.

If the Virgin consortium adopts a different approach there must be concern about some of these routes.

Ryanair has turned up at the right time with its summer routes to Malta, Malaga and Naples as apart from the small seasonal Scilly Skybus operation Flybe had been the only scheduled operator at EXT.

I suppose it's a case of wait and see but i believe the engineering side is profitable. On the hq and training side would it make sense to move everything that's already established? Especially as it's going to be a separate airline and not folded into Virgin Atlantic. It might just operate like an independent franchisee does.

According to local news reports, I understand that 'some presence' will be maintained at EXT, however I wouldn't be surprised if most HQ and training functions were contracted out to either Virgin Atlantic and/or Stobart as a cost saving measure. All of which I've witnessed before elsewhere in the transport industry.

Either way, my thoughts are with the staff at this very unsettling time.

Flybe tell me no changes to flights or timetable until Oct 19. It's also on Twitter ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-.

Flybe tell me no changes to flights or timetable until Oct 19. It's also on Twitter ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-.
Which makes sense, whilst the new airline/owners evaluate and decide on their plan of action.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock