The Wizz Chief exec has said Wizz stand in a good position to pick up any routes lost if carriers cut capacity or even worse fail anywhere along the line and cash reserves are better than most.

Unfortunately I can't the article I read on it.

Hopefully, they may consider LBA. I know its a long shot but Ryanair are looking more and more likely to close the Leeds base completely. Leaving Gdansk, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Riga, and Vilnius with no competing airline plus maybe competing Jet2 on the Krakow route.

Doncaster to Budapest only route not showing. Every other route operating as normal.
No Wizz flight has arrived or departed DSA since April 4th when Wizz Air Airbus A320 HA-LYE departed to Cluj.

I wound not expect LBA to be on the agenda of Wizz anytime soon they will be concentrating on where they fly to in the UK at present the likes of Liverpool and Luton and hoping that they can at some point soon get coveted slots at Gatwick.
that they wish for

No Wizz flight has arrived or departed DSA since April 4th when Wizz Air Airbus A320 HA-LYE departed to Cluj.

I wound not expect LBA to be on the agenda of Wizz anytime soon they will be concentrating on where they fly to in the UK at present the likes of Liverpool and Luton and hoping that they can at some point soon get coveted slots at Gatwick.
that they wish for

I think Wizz have been quite well established with the airports they service around the UK. Although they have moved into SEN in recent times in the London area.

I think Wizz have been quite well established with the airports they service around the UK. Although they have moved into SEN in recent times in the London area.
Very established and very sensible in the way they expand, I guess they may reach a point that they have to make a big move at some point to really grow over here although I think it will be at the airports they operate from now and not expansion elsewhere.

I saw on Dried Fruit that Wizz were starting new routes later this year from Luton to Canary Islands and I think Malaga and Faro etc..Obviously trialling expansion. If it works almost certainly Liverpool and maybe Doncaster will come into the reckoning. Wizz apparantly have a cost base slightly blower than Ryanair. That may be the future

I saw on Dried Fruit that Wizz were starting new routes later this year from Luton to Canary Islands and I think Malaga and Faro etc..Obviously trialling expansion. If it works almost certainly Liverpool and maybe Doncaster will come into the reckoning. Wizz apparantly have a cost base slightly blower than Ryanair. That may be the future

There are opportunities for them at Liverpool where Easy/ Ryanair have not filled a vacant route, or not supplied sufficient capacity, I think this is more for 2021 though really. Wizz have set up a base a Milan also I believe, and will operate to London, hopefully Liverpool too ,I'm not sure what Ryanair are doing about their Milan route.

Second Wizz destination restarts tonight, W6 4532 to Varna at 20.55. Aircraft arrives 30 mins earlier.

So Wizz have two flights per week running now BUD and VAR

Flight no.Flying ToScheduledExpectedStatus
LM 548Isle Of Man18:05Scheduled Departure time 18:05
W6 4532Varna20:55Scheduled Departure time 20:55
LM 542Isle Of Man08:35Scheduled Departure time 08:35

Last edited:
New air route from Wizz starting 29 October Liverpool to Bacau

Wizz Air announces a new operational base in Bacău; 12 new routes from October Starting with October 29, 2020, the low-cost airline Wizz Air will allocate two Airbus A320 aircraft at Bacău airport, where it will be the 31st base, and will launch from this place 12 new routes to six countries, informs a statement from the air operator. June 16, 2020 | ECONOMICA.net "This is the seventh base of the Romanian company and the second in the historical region of Moldova in Romania, after the one in Iasi. Tickets for all new routes can already be booked on wizzair.com or through the airline's mobile application with prices starting from 89 lei ", it is mentioned in the communiqué. According to the company, the new base in Bacau will create over 70 new direct jobs within the company and many other jobs in the associated industries. The two Airbus A320 aircraft will support the operations of 12 new routes to: Turin, Venice Treviso, Bologna, Rome Fiumicino, Milan Bergamo, Catania (Italy), Larnaca (Cyprus), London Luton, Liverpool (UK), Memmingen / Munich West (Germany), Billund (Denmark) and Brussels Charleroi (Belgium).

New air route from Wizz starting 29 October Liverpool to Bacau

Wizz Air announces a new operational base in Bacău; 12 new routes from October Starting with October 29, 2020, the low-cost airline Wizz Air will allocate two Airbus A320 aircraft at Bacău airport, where it will be the 31st base, and will launch from this place 12 new routes to six countries, informs a statement from the air operator. June 16, 2020 | ECONOMICA.net "This is the seventh base of the Romanian company and the second in the historical region of Moldova in Romania, after the one in Iasi. Tickets for all new routes can already be booked on wizzair.com or through the airline's mobile application with prices starting from 89 lei ", it is mentioned in the communiqué. According to the company, the new base in Bacau will create over 70 new direct jobs within the company and many other jobs in the associated industries. The two Airbus A320 aircraft will support the operations of 12 new routes to: Turin, Venice Treviso, Bologna, Rome Fiumicino, Milan Bergamo, Catania (Italy), Larnaca (Cyprus), London Luton, Liverpool (UK), Memmingen / Munich West (Germany), Billund (Denmark) and Brussels Charleroi (Belgium).

Wizz Air new route to Bacau will operate in direct competition to Blue Air to same destination. All be it, I don't know when Blue Air plan to re start on their Liverpool - Bacau route.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock