That was a bargain! what happened to me was I broke a crown at the back grinding my teeth while asleep, decided to have what remained taken out but because my bite had now changed I crunched down on the front ones during the night a week later and snapped one off at the gum. Now look like something out of deliverance and i cant play the banjo so have got to shell out getting it sorted.

Pre-decimal, that would have been called half a crown!!

Crikey, yes, I think we need one of these threads in all the forums. (or is it copyright to BHX:sneaky:)

That was a bargain! what happened to me was I broke a crown at the back grinding my teeth while asleep, decided to have what remained taken out but because my bite had now changed I crunched down on the front ones during the night a week later and snapped one off at the gum. Now look like something out of deliverance and i cant play the banjo so have got to shell out getting it sorted.

I have all my teeth but I can't play the banjo. Mind you wolfheze, I've never tried it with my teeth!

It makes me cringe every time I see it :vomit:

Central Birmingham was such a grim place back then. It's pretty much unrecognisable now but the image is a hard one to shake off, especially with it being constantly perpetuated by the likes of the BBC.

The redevelopment of the city centre is great but i still have a lot of fond memories of the old Bull ring etc, from being taken to see my aunt who worked in the CoOp toy department (must have been a long time ago because the yardley underpass was being built) to going to Beatties model shop and Rackhams to buy one of the first LED watches when i was in my early teens through to the clubs and nightlife in my twenties. I even liked the Digbeth bus depot that backed onto the indoor market with its unique smell of fish mingled with diesel fumes!

It makes me cringe every time I see it :vomit:

Central Birmingham was such a grim place back then. It's pretty much unrecognisable now but the image is a hard one to shake off, especially with it being constantly perpetuated by the likes of the BBC.
The Pershore Road corridor (Cotteridge to Stirchley) is pretty grim, so is the Digbeth area which will hopefully be redeveloped around the planned Smithfield scheme. The warehouses around the old wholesale markets are particularly grotty.

I'm thinking of making a list of places in Birmingham that really need redevelopment but haven't any planned as of yet, if people could throw in a few suggestions that would be welcome.

I was going to suggest Villa Park but it will be the biggest ground in the league next season :woot:

The redevelopment of the city centre is great but i still have a lot of fond memories of the old Bull ring etc,

Me too.

I remember the chip shop outside of the old Bullring. As a youth we used to throw chips off the raised level onto shoppers below :whistle:

As for the clubs then I think everybody must have been to Snobs? I also bet that after a couple of shandies people have walked into a mirror then apologised to their reflection :hungover:

Anybody remember Camp Hill Flover?

Camp hill flyover was at the junction of the Coventry and Stratford rd in Digbeth?

Dont think i ever went to snobs, probably not 'alternative' for me. Think i went r+js a cuple of times. What about Hawkins wine bar in Steelhouse lane ?They used to have a light show using those new fangled laser things:joyful:
Someone tried to nick my vauxhall viva from the waste ground where the courts are now. If they had ever driven it they wouldnt have bothered.

My nan lived in Sparkhill,so we used to get one of the Stratford Rd buses to get there.
Camp Hill flyover was on the route and I always used to think how it looked like a giant Meccano creation.
Sparkhill,Sparkbrook and Hall Green look so much different these days,you would not believe how much those areas have changed.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock