Much as Liverpool and their fans annoy me, for Klopp and the style he has brought and maturity he has brought, I wish them well.

Great result etc & BHX May of had a few extra pax, although according to Birmingham Mail the Vuelling from BCN yesterday...... got delayed by so much people got off as they wouldn’t of made it to the match !

Thanks for posting that, Brum X. I hadn't heard of the Knife Angel before but your post has encouraged me to look it up. Always learning.(y)

Anyway back to Football and Spurs are through to the Champions league final against Liverpool.

An all English final, Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :love:

Just when you thought you'd seen the most amazing Champions Leage semi-final, the Ajax - Spurs game comes along!
Honestly, if it had been scripted people would say it's too far fetched. Spurs qualify for the final with a goal in the last minute of stopage time. Finishing 2-3 (3-3 on aggregate), Spurs go through on away goals to meet Liverpool in an all English final.
It really was an outstanding game to watch.

Kevin

Away from football for one moment guys, I went to see the Knife Angel in Victoria Square. It really is a sight to behold and it got me thinking.

PLEASE STOP KILLING YOUNG PEOPLE IN OUR CITY :bigtears:

View attachment 13157
It's strangely beautiful and disturbing at the same time. Is it a permanent display, or something that is touring the country?

And finally, not just young people and not just our city.

Kevin

Just when you thought you'd seen the most amazing Champions Leage semi-final, the Ajax - Spurs game comes along!
Honestly, if it had been scripted people would say it's too far fetched. Spurs qualify for the final with a goal in the last minute of stopage time. Finishing 2-3 (3-3 on aggregate), Spurs go through on away goals to meet Liverpool in an all English final.
It really was an outstanding game to watch.

Kevin
Much as Spurs and their fans annoy me, for pochettino and the style he has brought and maturity he has brought, I wish them well.

As requested by Ray some info on our trip to Gran Canaria as Ray and his family are visiting the same resort soon, so most of you will likely want to skip this as i might go on a bit, apologies.

As you are staying at the Cordial Valle I would definitely email them at and ask to join the Cordial Club its free and entities you to a discount on drinks and food etc ,and also significant discounts on any future bookings across the Cordial group in the Canary Islands and I think they have hotels on the mainland. Also definitely ask for a room in the central or northern part as they are renovating the rooms and working on the south part. Ask for a renovated room if possible they are very accommodating and if you are a member it can only help, we prefer the higher rooms and definitely avoid the ground floor.

Most of what follows is my opinion so treat with a bit of caution as one mans pleasure is anothers poison. Puerto Mogan came late to the tourist boom and was only really developed from the 1980s. Because of this if you want high rise hotels with endless rows of bars/clubs with karaoke, endless Freddie Mercury's, Elvis etc or unfunny comedians and drag acts , fast food joints and Red Lion pubs and all the rest of it you need to re book as you are in the wrong place.

The beach area is a short walk from the hotel and has the usual water sport facilities etc and is lined with plenty of cafes and restaurants etc at the one end cross the bridge and you are in Puerto Mogan it'self the road in front of you was actually the shoreline up to 1982 to the right is Old Mogan and to the left is the marina and fishing port which is all reclaimed land and is our favourite part with many restaurants and a few shops. From there you can get the boats to Puerto Rico etc or go dolphin watching a good trip for us is to take the boat to Puerto Rico and then take a coastal walik alongthe cliff top with spectacular ocean views to Ammerdores nice beach grab a bite to eat then bus or taxi to hotel. Somewhere else you might consider is Maspalomas where tnere is a water park (for the kids) but its famous for its huge area of sand dunes and if your bucket list includes riding a camel well this is your chance!

As far as eating out there is a wide range of restraunts so really its best just pick the one s you fancy a particular favorites for us is the Irish Tavern on the marina the food is good but the particular pulling point seems to be on our afternoon stroll its compulsory to call in for a pint for me and a slice of cheesecake which somehow always comes with a pink gin for someone else. Others we eat at are Basils. E'ntaco (nice Italian ) and for fish there is a restraunt next where the fishing boats land called the fish house its owned by the fishermens cooperative and catch of the day is interesting to say the least lunchtime are best and you walk past it on the way to the yellow submarine.

That's just about it really it's a really nice gentle place with large number of return visitors and one of the nice things is no nationality dominates just a good mix of North European people although the largest contingents are Scandinavians, British and a fair few Irish generally split into the younger generation with children and the older generation hence no discos etc

Biggest downsides are its not the cheapest place and the Friday market - leave town unti mid afternoon or stay round the pool while wife comes back after several hours with stuff that you wonder how you ever coped wthout

Enjoy

Last edited:
Forgot to mention there is a 10 day jazz festival from 20th of May around the little bandstand in the evenings with live music and a bit of dancing although not too sure how you dance to jazz.

As a scholar of Classical music I find Jazz incomprehensible but that is the point is it not? If I was to say the word Jazz to my music master, an introduction to the cane would be my reward together with two hours of scales practice aaaggh those were happy days!

As requested by Ray some info on our trip to Gran Canaria as Ray and his family are visiting the same resort soon, so most of you will likely want to skip this as i might go on a bit, apologies.

As you are staying at the Cordial Valle I would definitely email them at and ask to join the Cordial Club its free and entities you to a discount on drinks and food etc ,and also significant discounts on any future bookings across the Cordial group in the Canary Islands and I think they have hotels on the mainland. Also definitely ask for a room in the central or northern part as they are renovating the rooms and working on the south part. Ask for a renovated room if possible they are very accommodating and if you are a member it can only help, we prefer the higher rooms and definitely avoid the ground floor.

Most of what follows is my opinion so treat with a bit of caution as one mans pleasure is anothers poison. Puerto Mogan came late to the tourist boom and was only really developed from the 1980s. Because of this if you want high rise hotels with endless rows of bars/clubs with karaoke, endless Freddie Mercury's, Elvis etc or unfunny comedians and drag acts , fast food joints and Red Lion pubs and all the rest of it you need to re book as you are in the wrong place.

The beach area is a short walk from the hotel and has the usual water sport facilities etc and is lined with plenty of cafes and restaurants etc at the one end cross the bridge and you are in Puerto Mogan it'self the road in front of you was actually the shoreline up to 1982 to the right is Old Mogan and to the left is the marina and fishing port which is all reclaimed land and is our favourite part with many restaurants and a few shops. From there you can get the boats to Puerto Rico etc or go dolphin watching a good trip for us is to take the boat to Puerto Rico and then take a coastal walik alongthe cliff top with spectacular ocean views to Ammerdores nice beach grab a bite to eat then bus or taxi to hotel. Somewhere else you might consider is Maspalomas where tnere is a water park (for the kids) but its famous for its huge area of sand dunes and if your bucket list includes riding a camel well this is your chance!

As far as eating out there is a wide range of restraunts so really its best just pick the one s you fancy a particular favorites for us is the Irish Tavern on the marina the food is good but the particular pulling point seems to be on our afternoon stroll its compulsory to call in for a pint for me and a slice of cheesecake which somehow always comes with a pink gin for someone else. Others we eat at are Basils. E'ntaco (nice Italian ) and for fish there is a restraunt next where the fishing boats land called the fish house its owned by the fishermens cooperative and catch of the day is interesting to say the least lunchtime are best and you walk past it on the way to the yellow submarine.

That's just about it really it's a really nice gentle place with large number of return visitors and one of the nice things is no nationality dominates just a good mix of North European people although the largest contingents are Scandinavians, British and a fair few Irish generally split into the younger generation with children and the older generation hence no discos etc

Biggest downsides are its not the cheapest place and the Friday market - leave town unti mid afternoon or stay round the pool while wife comes back after several hours with stuff that you wonder how you ever coped wthout

Enjoy

Thank you so much for the info (y)

I have requested a high floor room with a pool view but we are booked as part of a package so I guess it will come down to fate.

The resort sounds perfect for us, some nice laid back restaurants with delicious food then maybe a beer (or several) in a laid back bar that are happy to have the kids in :)

A boat trip to Puerto Rico is on the agenda and that walk to Amadores looks fabulous. I'm thinking a late afternoon boat ride with dinner in Amadores and a taxi back.

So much to cram in to a week :)

BTW Congratulations to Aston Villa on getting to Wembley for a place in the Premier League.

You have my full support lads, lets get our city back in the Premier League (y)

Will it be Leeds or Derby :unsure:

For most Villa fans,this will be the preferred final.With the shenanigans at Elland road a couple of weeks ago,it could have been a very bad tempered game.
I just hope Villa don’t blow it for a second year running.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock