So my plan was while out of work is to write next summers schedule for each airlines ,Routes and aircraft
That's going to be a very big project, which will keep you extremely busy. Out of interest, how do you intend to compile the data? My recommendation would be to use Microsoft Excel (or the excellent, free, Microsoft Office compatible LibreOffice). However, if you are not familiar with these, they do have quite a steep learning curve.
Looking forward to seeing your finished schedules.

Taking a walk yesterday around Darlaston and Moxley. I saw how busy BHX was I may be wrong but between 14:30/35 and about 4.30 I saw several Jet2 737's, TUI 737's maybe a 787, a Business Jet, A fair few ATR 72's, Jet2 A321 Ryanair 737 all seemed 1 after another 1 aircraft would be over a different street whilst another was over Me. Also in between EK and QR I saw an Air Lingus ATR EI-FAV on the Shorter Approach with a TUI 737 from Mahon again a few streets down on longer approach. It makes you realise at times how many aircraft BHX do get.

WOW, Aviation warning lights have been switched on the 37 storey Exchange Square Tower in the city centre. And we have loads of them, he he he he he

Photo credit to Genosha James on Skyscrapercity ;-)

1697567624111-png.6053383

Taking a walk yesterday around Darlaston and Moxley. I saw how busy BHX was I may be wrong but between 14:30/35 and about 4.30 I saw several Jet2 737's, TUI 737's maybe a 787, a Business Jet, A fair few ATR 72's, Jet2 A321 Ryanair 737 all seemed 1 after another 1 aircraft would be over a different street whilst another was over Me. Also in between EK and QR I saw an Air Lingus ATR EI-FAV on the Shorter Approach with a TUI 737 from Mahon again a few streets down on longer approach. It makes you realise at times how many aircraft BHX do get.
Monday does have some very busy periods. I would recommend you watch the FR24 playback of yesterday morning, starting at about 07:00, it is very impressive to watch.

WOW, Aviation warning lights have been switched on the 37 storey Exchange Square Tower in the city centre. And we have loads of them, he he he he he

Photo credit to Genosha James on Skyscrapercity ;-)

1697567624111-png.6053383
Why so many lights on such a stubby tower? :) Do helicopters ever need to land at the Children’s Hospital in the city centre?

Monday does have some very busy periods. I would recommend you watch the FR24 playback of yesterday morning, starting at about 07:00, it is very impressive to watch.

Why so many lights on such a stubby tower? :) Do helicopters ever need to land at the Children’s Hospital in the city centre?

They certainly do jfy, there is a helicopter landing spot on the Queensway across the road from the Childrens hospital.

They certainly do jfy, there is a helicopter landing spot on the Queensway across the road from the Childrens hospital.
The tower is not that stubby. One of the tallest, at the moment, in the city centre. Sits on lower ground than the Colmore Row tower so looks short. In fact it is taller.

I suppose the lights need to cover all possible approaches. One Eastside is going up at the moment which is closer to the helicopter spot and at 509 feet considerably taller. Expect a Christmas light warning light illumination!

The tower is not that stubby. One of the tallest, at the moment, in the city centre. Sits on lower ground than the Colmore Row tower so looks short. In fact it is taller.

I suppose the lights need to cover all possible approaches. One Eastside is going up at the moment which is closer to the helicopter spot and at 509 feet considerably taller. Expect a Christmas light warning light illumination!

Or a flashing Christmas tree on the top, now that would be something, he he he he he he

Yes in last couple of years there has been a tightening up of lights on buildings, Manchester as you can imagine with its mass of tall buildings looks more like New York with all the red lights and even Stockport
has quite a few which I know is due to being under the approach but they can be seen from upto 20 miles away so it had to happen

Yeah a couple of weeks ago one was needed by me to take one if two young girls who had been hit by a car to BCH with a Broken Spine. Idk if it did ever go to BCH as I saw it take off to Cosford but a lot of people said it did fly there. When it does land they close the Road off which my Dad says having gone to Aston University caused the X51 and all the buses that go way to either sit and wait or divert or heavy traffic. The Police from the nearby Steelhouse Lane Station help it land.

More than likely there will be several per building, this in its self is for helicopters and airliners and will be very bright. I live in Stockport which is about 10 miles from Manchester city centre and they are so bright
that they look just as if they are across the valley

As I’m really bored and I have no job Atm.I have a massive passion for planes in terms of aircraft ,potential new routes,Timetables and schedules.Even watching kevs streams.(Personally I am considering going self employed but what is the point of that when streamers get paid £20-30 a day possibly less and I also don’t have experience with camera work and live streams)So my plan was while out of work is to write next summers schedule for each airlines ,Routes and aircraft
Some people earn crazy money for doing very little.You tubing may be the well forward.A women with 2 rabbits puts daily updates of what they are doing has over 100,000 hits a week.Another whose daughter has 4 Barbie dolls 80,000 !

As a random thread, may I beg forgiveness if I recommend people to listen to The work of Wagner, a heavy weight composer of deep music. I refer to Parcifal, a slow but deeply immersive experience, best with headphones as interferance is intolerable. It is not pop music but is impactful.

As a random thread, may I beg forgiveness if I recommend people to listen to The work of Wagner, a heavy weight composer of deep music. I refer to Parcifal, a slow but deeply immersive experience, best with headphones as interferance is intolerable. It is not pop music but is impactful.
When you think that composers like Wagner were the Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin of their time it does make sense to listen to their music to compare how things have changed. I must admit to listening to various "Classical" music from different ages to cleanse my palate (so to speak). I then go and spend 3-4 hours on a Saturday night listening to various Tribute bands pumping out live music! Last weeks choice was the West Coast Eagles!

Not BHX related although could be was looking at FR24 and decided to look at LHR - JFK now when I fly in July last year BA sent a lot of 77W's to JFK in winter it appears they send more 772's now I maybe wrong but I thought NYC in the Winter was magical and a lot more people wanted to go therefore increasing demand so the 77W would be needed. In Summer NYC gets to 30 or 40 degrees it was 40 degrees when I was there and it was Sticky and horrible. The same I thought would be true of places Like Tenerife or Cyprus from Birmingham there warmer than Brum and so surely that means more people in the Christmas Holidays want to go but yet flights or capacity is reduced. Surely routes like JFK, TFS or LCA should be popular in Winter NY for iconicness and TFS and LCA as there warm maybe I am missing something but that's my thinking

Worth considering that a lot of people, especially families, can only really afford to go on holiday once a year.

For families this has traditionally been in the summer likely due to the school summer holidays being longer than the Christmas holidays therefore offering more flexibility on when to travel. Also over the winter, some families spend as much on Christmas itself than other families would do on a holiday.

Whilst its true that the likes of Larnaca and Tenerife are warmer than the UK in the middle of winter, temperates only get up to high teens or low 20s - whilst that's nice, its not really hot enough for most people if their going on a "hot holiday" and spending time on the beach or at the pool.

Tchaikovsky is perhaps my favourite classical composer. I went to the Nutcracker ballet at the Birmingham Hippodrome at least once when I was a child.

I also enjoy Haydn Wood, Holst’s Planets and especially John Rutter’s choral music. I would hazard a guess that my classical musical taste is more lightweight than your own, @JENNYJET ?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock