I think the A380 decision was an easy one for the airlines. They are not the solution, many thought and with the advent of the A350 and 787 they are surplus to requirements. Be interesting to see how many go back into service.

French Authorities now have banned Catalan Dragons & Leeds Rhino's fans from attending this weekends Super League game in Perpignan The game will still be held but behind closed doors..

This could also have medium to long term implications for the new terminal development......

All the sign's are still pointing towards LBA submitting a full planning application to Leeds City Council this spring for the proposed new Terminal. Its especially noticeable if you read the peace in the Yorkshire Post last week where the airport's CEO is quoted as saying the £150 million funding by AMP Capital is in place and he goes on to say that he will have failed in his job if it doesn't go ahead.

This is a post I guess some of us have been waiting for and hoping it would never come.

The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has called a for a emergency COBRA Meeting to be held tomorrow. It looks like the Government is set to escalate the UK's #coronavirus response to the next phase 2 (Delay), which may see schools forced to close and for major sporting events to be cancelled.

Last edited:
All the sign's are still pointing towards LBA submitting a full planning application to Leeds City Council this spring for the proposed new Terminal. Its especially noticeable if you read the peace in the Yorkshire Post last week where the airport's CEO is quoted as saying the £150 million funding by AMP Capital is in place and he goes on to say that he will have failed in his job if it doesn't go ahead.
yes i noticed that piece myself, he said we are not messing about here and we mean business with big plans all ready to go!

Airlines all over the world suspending flights and reducing services. Going to be really interesting to see what happens but not good.
Unless you are an anti aviation environmentalist. They will absolutely love the huge reduction in aviation resulting from this.

Let's just forget all the aviation stuff for now. Get down to Mozzers and get stocked up. Dust off your tin hats, spruce up the Anderson Shelters, put your feet up and watch all the sport that will be being played behind closed doors for the foreseeable future.

From a personal perspective, we have a family 'do' in April and our American family have just said they now wont be able to come as they are worried about not being able to get back because the situation is so fluid at the moment. They were due to fly via LHR into LBA. Checking venue cancellation insurance to see if we can postpone 'do' until later in the year.

The "The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has just updated its advice for UK travellers to not to travel to 4 regions of Spain.

The advise is against all but essential travel to the following regions that the Spanish Ministry of Health have designated as areas of community transmission of coronavirus: Madrid and La Rioja, and the municipalities of La Bastida and Vitoria (both in the Basque Country) and Miranda de Ebro (in Castilla y León).

The way we are going, they may as well shut most UK airports down for the foreseeable future. No footie for 3 weeks and Christ knows what else cancelled. Get down to your local boozer while you can...they will be shutting at this rate without all the live sport to keep them going!!

The way we are going, they may as well shut most UK airports down for the foreseeable future. No footie for 3 weeks and Christ knows what else cancelled. Get down to your local boozer while you can...they will be shutting at this rate without all the live sport to keep them going!!
This could only happen when leeds utd are top of the championships!!

all these problems with the virus/spain /the airports and so on may drive me to drink,now where did i put that bottle opener?
stay safe every-one
sm:headphone:

Herd immunity only works if there is one strain of a virus...sadly civid 19 is already mutating (theres 2 strains now) so the idea that we will be protected going forward simply wont work. It's like flu, which has different strains each year.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did
so totted up the miles walked last year. Only 2083 done. Took over 8500 photos as well.
Upcoming changes to Forums4airports as we carry out our annual software update. More information to come shortly.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock