I have no evidence that the route was to go on sale tonight, I merely commented that there had been this conference today and the website just happens to be down tonight.
Oh yes of course I wasn't aiming the comment at you! It just seemed convincing as the website was down :)

Oman Air to launch Daily Manchester flights
August 21, 2016
| Jonathan Ratcliffe
b679b7_2ade347f212041389f16056c867eddde~mv2.jpg

Oman Air is to launch daily Manchester-Muscat flights from 1st May 2017. The flights will be operated daily using a 787-8. The flights will be bookable from Thursday 15th September. At this time the last flight that will be bookable is 29th October 2017 however this is due to be extended if loads warrant the flight continuing.

Flight Times :

WY105 1405 MCT 1920 MAN
WY106 2050 MAN 0730+1 MCT

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-Manchester-flights+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
Interesting article on one website, stating the same date User001 said bookings would begin and the same times, however it says 1st May 2017? This was published 21st Aug.

That article is copying info provided by me but got the launch date wrong. Don't know who the guy is but as far as I know, I'm the only person to have publicly added the times so far, and I was the only person to state 15th Sept booking date (which didn't happen obviously).

Yes, that is what I thought so I was puzzled to see it on another site other than airliners.net or, of course, here. Thanks for clearing that up anyway! (y)

According to the PPRUnE forum, Oman Air are advertising for a range of positions at/around MAN.

The Oman Air jobs are now being advertised on aviationjobsearch for a variety of passenger facing positions if anyone is interested.

Upon contacting Oman Air, they said 'We will start flying to Manchester in April but do not have a specific date for bookings yet'

Both MAN and Oman Air have now confirmed the Muscat route will be an A330-200 5 days a week, and A330-300 twice a week.

That is intersting. Although the B788 is the newer aircraft, the A332/333 is a more premium heavy configuration. In the case of the A333 the cabin has six F seats.

I would not describe this as a negative outcome...

The business lady off BBC breakfast is fronting a new holiday programme.

First up AND a new must see destination 2017 is Oman AND APPARENTLY Manchester gets a big mention.

Good publicity !

No it is definitely not a negative outcome. Where is the confirmation and when will the route be bookable?

GDS schedules now loaded, showing from 1 May:

01MAY17-28MAY17 MTWTFSS MANCHESTER /MUSCAT
1234567 MAN MCT 2045# 0720 WY 106 330*C

01MAY17-28MAY17 MTWTFSS MUSCAT /MANCHESTER
1234567 MCT MAN 1400 1905 WY 105 330*C

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock