sierrafoxtrot

Couldn't find an existing thread for BH Air so have decided to create one, recently they have been sending an A320 but last weekend and the one before an A330 was sent in, this is the first time since an Aer Lingus A330 many years back has visited BRS, some photos of its arrival:

BH Air Airbus A330-200 at Bristol Airport by Simon Fewkes, on Flickr

Nice pics! Am I right in thinking the A330 is larger than the 787 that came in?

Great pics, Simon. Many thanks.
Nice pics! Am I right in thinking the A330 is larger than the 787 that came in?

I'm no technical expert but I've found these details:

A 330-200

58.82 metres long, 60.3 metres wingspan
Max seating 406
MTOW 242,000 kg
Max range fully loaded 13,450km

B 787-8

56.7 metres long, 60.1 metres wingspan
Max seating 381
MTOW 228,000 kg
Max range typical seating 13,600 km

So it does look as though the 330-200 is a bit larger than the 787-8 although not a lot in it.

Thanks for that Yokel, though the Dreamliner is more efficient so no long haul from BRS with Airbus it would seem then...

Thanks for that Yokel, though the Dreamliner is more efficient so no long haul from BRS with Airbus it would seem then...

Yep could easily do long haul from BRS, remember flights from BRS would have no cargo unlike from LGW/MAN so that helps massively in performance.

The 787 is Only 6% more efficient that the A330 but is 21% more than the 767

this is becoming a very welcome occurrence.... Nice to see something different at our not so little airport!!

I've heard we're likely to see the A330 for the remainder of Balkan's summer schedule.

Some good videos on you tube of the BH 330 coming down today. Hard landing. Really impressive to see this big bird get airborne from a relatively short run up...

Some good videos on you tube of the BH 330 coming down today. Hard landing. Really impressive to see this big bird get airborne from a relatively short run up...

Thanks, forest. I suppose that even if there was a full A320 load it would still amount to less than 75% full on the 330-200, but it certainly seemed to have a fair amount of the short BRS runway in hand - see below link.

It appears Balkan have removed BRS to BOJ this summer, still on sale for next summer!

I assumed it was the LS effect although BOJ doesn’t start until 2024 with them! TUI remains 2x weekly on the route

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock