Some improvements in the exec jet centre

VIP clients will soon enjoy a completely seamless start to their journey at #XLRLiverpool when our brand new private security facility is operational enabling passengers to check in swiftly & relax in our VIP lounge before their private flight from @LPL_Airport.
D88XeIdWsAEEEcP.jpg

2:02 pm - 13 Jun 2019

Report of busy summer holidays departure period expected.

Liverpool Airport expects to handle 725,000 passengers in the school holidays
Last updated Jul 19, 2019
Next few days marks the beginning of the the busiest period of the year for LJLA with many families choosing this time to take their main annual holiday. Tony McDonough reports
LJLA
Liverpool John Lennon Airport will handle 725,000 passengers during the school summer break

Almost three quarters of a million passengers will pass through Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) over the next six weeks and the annual school summer holidays begin.
This next few days marks the beginning of the the busiest period of the year for LJLA with many families choosing this time to take their main annual holiday, mostly to warm and sunny destinations.
It is expected around 725,000 passengers will pass through the airport over the next six weeks – with six new destinations available for summer 2019, including Copenhagen, Corfu, Guernsey, Varna, Iasi and Paphos.
More than 33,000 passengers are due to pass through the airport during the first weekend alone and this is likely to be one of its summers in recent years with direct flights operating to even more destinations.
READ MORE: easyJet shrugs off Brexit fears as revenues rise
Mediterranean sunshine resorts including Palma, Malaga, Alicante, Faro, Barcelona and Nice are expected to be among the most popular once again, with high volumes of passenger traffic also expected on city break flights to Belfast, Dublin and Amsterdam.
Management continues to remind travellers to allow plenty of time to pass through the airport during peak periods, recommending that passengers arrive at the at least two hours before their scheduled departure time.
Robin Tudor, head of PR at LJLA, said: “As the UK’s only airport to have a five-star rating for flight punctuality and with the vast majority of passengers passing through security in less than 10 minutes, thousands of the region’s holidaymakers are taking advantage of these benefits and choosing to start their holiday by flying from Liverpool over the next few weeks.”

( Liverpool Business News publication)

Possible strike threat by staff of Swissport.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport could be hit by August Bank Holiday strikes, it was revealed today.
The GMB union is to hold a strike ballot which could result in industrial action over the busy holiday period.
The union said today that its members are unhappy with health and safety issues, working practices, pay and what it claims is the company’s breach of the recognition agreement.
GMB officials are undertaking industrial action ballots for around 200 members working on the Swissport easyJet contract and Swissport Mainline.
Both ballots finish on August 7, and, if successful, industrial action will take place on August Bank Holiday weekend.
GMB organiser Eddie Parker said: “Our members working at Liverpool’s John Lennon are unhappy with health and safety issues, working practices, pay and the company’s breach of the recognition agreement.
“Despite numerous attempts at constructive discussions, our relationship with the company is fundamentally broken
Related Articles
  1. Laudamotion becomes LJLA’s newest airline with first flights to Vienna
  2. New Winter route to the sun from Liverpool John Lennon Airport
“The last thing our members want to do is go on strike – and it is not too late for the company to get round the table and thrash out a deal.”
Last month the airport said it expects to handle around 725,000 passengers who are due to pass through the airport over the six weeks of school holidays.
LJLA bosses said this is likely to be one of their busiest Summers in recent years, with direct flights operating to even more destinations.
An airport spokesman said it would respond after the union’s ballot has taken place.
A Swissport spokesperson said: “Consultations regarding employee pay are ongoing and we are making progress and are hopeful of reaching a resolution shortly.
“Swissport remains committed to resolving this matter to protect the interests of our customers, airline passengers and employees.”

If they did strike i wonder if they'll take staff from other airports to cover?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock