andyc941

Platinum Member
May 9, 2014
Stockport Manchester
Man City play Sevilla next week at home,which they will arrive on a Iberia A340 at 16:00 next tuesday.
Man United play CSKA Moscow away,and will fly out on a Aeroflot A321 on tues at 13:30,and arrive back on thurs at 16:00.
Information gained from Ms2 thank you

andyc941 said:
Man City play Sevilla next week at home,which they will arrive on a Iberia A340 at 16:00 next tuesday.
The Iberia A340 isnt related to the football next week,its arriving on tuesday and is for Air Livery. :whiteflag:Its been reported that Sevilla are arriving on a Privilege Style B763.

A couple of Transavia B738 due tomorrow for Wednesdays united vPSV game.
TRA8629 B738 Arr 12:25
TRA8630 B738 Dep 23:30 on the 26th

TRA8631 B738 Arr 13:05
TRA8632 B738 Dep 23:35 on the 26th
I think Man City flew out on the usual Hi-fly A345 CS-TFX which arrived this afternoon.
Credit to Manchester mailing group.

A few charters for the Man City game tomorrow night,there was a Air Berlin A321 this lunch time operated by D-ABCG,the team bus.
Tues 8th Dec
LGL7393 B738 Arr 09:30
TUI8968 B738. Arr 09:45

Two flights arrived from Kiev this lunch time for tomorrows Man City v Dynamo Kiev match.
7W7777 A320 YL-LCK Smart Lynx
7W7737 A320 UR-WRM Windrose

There is an XL Airways France flight tomorrow for the Paris Saint Germain game against Man City. It arrives 10:00 and departs 10:45 in the evening.
Information from Manchester mailing list.

The airport website has this for the non-AF/BE Paris ops tomorrow:

09:50 Paris-Cdg ENT565 Scheduled 09:50 T2 - no departure details
10:00 Paris-Cdg XLF920 Scheduled 10:00 T1 - no departure details
10:25 Paris-Ory VY8067 Scheduled 10:25 T3 11:05 Paris-Ory VY8068 Scheduled 11:05

There are two Iberia flights today for the Man City v Real Madrid game.
IB2800 A321 EC-ILO Arrived 12:55
IB2806 A321 EC-JLI Due 15:05
There is rumours of 3 flights arriving tomorrow morning, an Orbis A330, Air Europa B738 and an Iberia Express A320.

Last edited:
Orbest A330 not coming now.

There will be a privilege style B777-200, Air Europa B737, Neos B737 and Iberia Express A320.

There are two return Tarom flights for Man Citys game against FC Steaua Bucharest.
23/8/16 Arr 10:40 Dep 11:25 A318.
25/8/16 Arr 09:00 Dep 09:45 B737.700.
Credit to Alpha 5.

Last edited:
The Man Citys Champions League draw was made today. A few dates of interest to watch out for football charters.
13th September Borussia Mönchengladbach at home.
19th October Barcelona at home.
The other team they have drawn is Celtic.

Man Utds home games in the Europa League:
Zorya Luhansk (of Ukraine) Thu 29 Sep
Fenerbahçe (Turkey) Thu 20 Oct
Feyenoord (Netherlands) Thu 24 Nov

Remember that all sides have to be in the home team's country 24 hours before kick-off per UEFA regulations.

Looks like 18/19/20 October could be interesting times with City playing Barcelona on 19th Oct.

FC Barcelona fans are notoriously poor travellers for the group stages of the UCL. They presume - with some justification - that they will reach the latter stages of the tournament and save their money accordingly. The same applies to fans of Real Madrid. No doubt afew executive jets will turn up for 'corporate hospitality', but don't bank on many airliners beyond the team-plane. From an aircraft point of view, drawing Celtic makes it a double-disaster for MCFC with only BMG offering the prospect of a more interesting airlift.

The United matches offer better airlift potential. Dutch fans will travel, though from Rotterdam many may use the ferry. Likely to produce a couple of Transavias though. Fenerbahce ... we generally get a couple of passenger charters with Turkish fixtures. Zorya (Ukraine) are likely to produce an interesting team-plane, though not a large airlift.

From an aircraft point-of-view, the best scenario is to draw a minnow team from a wealthy smaller country where a trip to see their club play at the Etihad or OT is perceived as the opportunity of a lifetime ("the biggest match in club history"). If they can afford it, they'll travel. Scandinavia and Switzerland are good examples of this. So this year's draw hasn't been the kindest for aircraft enthusiasts. Zorya is the only 'minnow' amongst those six ties, and their home is in a war-zone. The match in Ukraine will be played in the West of the Ukraine, well away from the club's home city.

City and United fans can be expected to travel to the away fixtures in numbers as usual. However, that can often pass barely noticed by enthusiasts with familiar carriers such as Jet2 and Thomas Cook doing the honours. And the return arrivals tend to land during the night.

First of this season's European football charters due 12th Sept:

14:20 Dusseldorf EW6202 Estimated 14:20.

bringing in Borussia Mönchengladbach. The DUS website says it's D-AEWL

Unfortunately, Alpha Five is advising that the E145 is likely to be a replacement for the AN74 flight. We are unlikely to receive both.

I have created this thread, in light of recent KE and Japanese charters to Scotland and the possible attraction that these may have from MAN.

Could we see a Korean Air ICN charter from Manchester that indeed leads to a scheduled flight?

And - perhaps the most important question - the Air India charters scheduled in May, are those still happening?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock