A few fixtures to look out for football charter flights.
Man-City have drawn Monaco,to be played 21/2/17 at the Etihad..
Man-United have drawn St Etienne.of France,16/2/16 at Old Trafford.

I thought I would start this thread as these routes are often forgotten, whereas they are really very important. I will start by listing the routes that each airline serves:
Bremen: BA (Sun-air)
Dusseldorf: Eurowings, Flybe
Cologne/Bonn: Eurowings
Berlin Schönefeld: Ryanair, EasyJet
Stuttgart: Ryanair
Nuremburg: Ryanair
Hamburg: Ryanair, EasyJet, Eurowings
Frankfurt: Lufthansa
Munich: Lufthansa
Dortmund: Eurowings (possible)
Hannover: Flybe

Omissions:
Berlin-Tegel - how ridiculous that the main airport of the capital city of Germany is unserved?
Dresden - not sure but considering Dortmund and Bremen seem to do well, surely Dresden could work? There seems to be less in the eastern region in terms of flights.

Obviously, in recent times we have lost SQ to MUC and FR to Bremen, although this has been replaced by BA but there seems to be an awful lot of competition on HAM.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could add to this thread by quoting the frequencies for each of these routes for S17, or contributing any glaring omissions from the network.
View attachment 4284

Last edited:
Don't forget FLYBE to Hanover.

Upto 4 x Daily Dusseldorf as well.

Last edited:
German airports previously served from MAN but no longer offered:

Hahn (RYR); Memmingen (RYR); Niederrhein (V-Bird then RYR); Friedrichshafen (MON); Paderborn (NFD, BER); Berlin Tegel (DLH, BER, British Airways in various guises).

I'm not counting Munchen Reim as it was directly replaced upon closing.

Berlin Tegel is unlikely, as Lufthansa now seem to be waiting for Brandenburg to open before seriously expanding Berlin services again. Tegel is seriously congested. And most of the potential market is probably quite happy to be served by RYR and EZY anyway. Capacity on MAN-SXF appears sufficient.

Don't think we've ever had Dresden or Leipzig, but the market could be too thin for a mid-sized aircraft? Nice cities though.

Did Ryanair ever serve Niederrhein? Only have V bird down as serving that one.

Of course, Leipzig is served, you just need to post yourself to someone in the area to get on the plane!

Ethan it would be good to have a general comparison of ALL routes perhaps served by RYR And EZY from EDI EMA STN BHX not served from Manchester.

Stansted is clearly skewed re London market so we would have to discount the really obscure routes where there is weight toward the inbound leg.

This would tease out destinations that theoretically should be viable from Manchester.

Hurtigruten will offer Northern Lights fly cruises to Bergen from Manchester on
28 October 2019
18 January 2019
06 February 2020
20 February 2020
10 March 2020
19 March 2020

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock