Another of the many well remembered and funny sketches - absolutely made for John Cleese.

It seems as if you have to click the link to watch it on Youtube as it won't allow playback on other websites.

Well worth it if you like a bit of Les (y)

[to a handful of kids, staring at his car] "Anything happens to this motor, I'll come 'round your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it?" DCI Gene Hunt, Life on Mars.

I'm not sure whether I ought to link this video in 2021. It features a classic comedy sketch of the legendary British comedian Jimmy James acted by his son James Casey, the multi-talented Roy Castle and one of the great stooges, Eli Woods, all sadly no longer with us. It was recorded on the Michael Parkinson Show in the early 1980s.

I think it displays the innate timing of professionals who learned their trade the hard way over many years. There is no bad language or nudity and only the mildest of innuendo at one point.

However, the fact that the sketch is based on someone who is clearly not the brightest of individuals might lead some people to view it with distaste. I find it extremely funny and an example of music hall comedy before the genre disappeared. Although this was recorded in the early 1980s it is actually a sketch originally performed many years earlier. It stood the test of time until the early 80s. Whether it has continued to do so might be a moot point.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

Latest profile posts

My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock