Polar reversal?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Anybody heard of the polar shift or polar reversal? It's a topic I first heard about just a few weeks ago and I've since been doing a little bit research to see if it's actually true. There are some alarming reports available on the web that prove this is actually happening.

Basically the world goes through a polar reversal every few hundred thousand years and guess what? We're overdue one! For the past couple of hundred years the magnetic north has been moving, almost staggering in a zigzag manner around the North Pole but over the last few decades this has changed with the magnetic north moving steadily at an increasing speed towards Siberia.

Over the last couple of decades numerous airport runways have had to be redesignated as the magnetic north has moved. LBA used to be 15/33 and it's now 14/32. More recently MAN used to be runway 24/06 and now it's 25/07. Airports throughout the world have had to have their runways realigned as the magnetic north moves.

What does all this actually mean? Well this depends on where you look. We have the mainstream bodies such as NASA saying polar reversals usually take thousands of years and so there's no need to be concerned. The opposite end of the spectrum we have some far fetched theories of a so-called "planet Nibiru", passing nearby the Earth causing changes to the earth's magnetic field. Then we have a group of people in the middle who say Nibiru is a hoax but the polar regions are moving and moving much faster than governments are telling us.

The interesting thing is it is highly likely that so-called global warming and climate change is happening because of the polar shift and not because of human activity.

Well I'm open minded to it all but check these out.

Here are some facts most people aren't aware of:

The magnetic north is moving at up to 40 miles each year and accelerating.

The Jetstreams are now breaking up and transiting between the northern and southern hemisphere.
https://paulbeckwith.net/2016/06/29/jet-jet-stream-crosses-equator-is-this-unprecedented/

The Earth now has four magnetic polar regions. Two in the North and two in the South. Data from Swarm of the European Space Agency.
1548075243355.png

The Earth's magnetic field is weakening and it's weakest areas are situated in the South American continent and is known as the South Atlantic Annomoly
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_earthchanges49.htm

Parts of Greenland see the sun two days earlier in the spring.
http://www.livescience.com/10417-strange-claim-sun-rose-2-days-early-greenland.html

Thoughts?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin

Not worth getting paranoid about but interesting all the same.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
The only thought I have is that if this really is as it seems there is little if anything we can do about it. If there have been polar reversals in the past, albeit every few hundred thousand years, there are likely to be more in the future. I'm no scientist so can only read all this as a layman.

It's said that California is due another major earthquake and there are fears in some quarters of a supermassive volcanic eruption occurring in Yellowstone National Park, USA. Again these are matters outside our control.

I remember visiting the Athabasca Glacier in the Columbia Icefield, Alberta, Canada over 20 years ago and seeing how the ice had receded in the past century or so. They have markers that show the edge of the glacier in various years. It's receded 1.5 kilometres since 1890 and I suspect the process is speeding up.

Planet Earth is constantly changing, and not for the better in many aspects. Some things we can try to mitigate, others it seems we can't.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
The last polar reversal is thought to have taken place around 700 million years ago. Humans were cave men at that point and it's thought to have been a slow reversal taking thousands of years to complete.

The true extent of a planetary polar reversal is largely unknown. In many respects we could regard it as a good thing as it could mean the polar reversal has been responsible for climate change more than influence from man.

On the other hand, a full axis tilt of the Earth is likely to cause major problems even with the least offensive scientific projections. At the current rate the poles are shifting, many scientists say is likely to take place within a decade, some are suggesting within two to three years and considerably faster than the last reversal.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
I ticked 'like' not because I like the prognosis but for the amplification.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
This theory appears to be becoming somewhat more real now as numerous press reports over recent weeks have been reporting on a possible polar reversal.

Speedy flip in Earth’s magnetic field could cause trillions in damage, scientists warn
THE last time the Earth’s poles reversed was roughly 780,000 years ago, and if it happens again we’re in real trouble.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...n/news-story/256a3985599eb9d0adbe7c698102bfba

The magnetic north pole is moving, causing navigation issues
"It's moving at about 50 kilometres a year. It didn't move much between 1900 and 1980, but it's really accelerated in the past 40 years," Ciaran Beggan, of the British Geological Survey, told Reuters.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/north-pole-drift-1.4978713

The North Pole is moving, and the shutdown means we aren’t keeping up
The unpredictable shift in Earth's magnetic field has forced researchers to update the model that aids global navigation.
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/01...g-and-the-shutdown-means-we-arent-keeping-up/

Magnetic pole reversal on Earth: Facts on the shocking phenomenon
According to a new study, Earth's magnetic field might weaken far more quickly and unpredictably than scientists had previously thought. Read on to know more about magnetic pole reversal.
https://www.indiatoday.in/education...gnetic-pole-reversal-facts-1332590-2018-09-05

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
I came across this interesting video on YouTube by Anton Petrov. It's based on a scientific publication and shows just how far magnetic north has moved over the last century or so -

Kevin

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
A subject I have been following for about 5 years now.

I have often wondered if this has anything to do with the changes to the climate.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Time will decide, not human intervention as the planet is bigger than humanity. Hollywood tried to tell a story with a couple of movies. The Core and The day after tomorrow come to mind!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.