I said Newark as that service was running at the time. It is a condition of all flights operating to the states on schedule,but im not sure about charter or long haul to any where else. It does not make good pics or video if you have not got steps on hand.

While i was waiting for my flight to Dublin last Wednesday i did a little bit of planespotting from the rooftop terrace and got some footage of the apron and some of the departing aircraft starting their takeoffs.

Many thanks for posting that, Jerry - the BRS inhabitants getting out of bed to begin another new day.

BRS is a frustating place for aviation aficionados to view or video aircraft from inside the terminal. For those not familiar with the airport the open air terrace which is 'airside' and from which Jerry filmed is the only area inside the terminal from where it's possible to get some limited view of the apron and runway area.

It can be seen from Jerry's video that it provides only a very restricted view of the eastern end of the runway and of the eastern apron where some of the 17 based easyJet aircraft spend the night or part of it depending on what time they went to bed.

Perversely, just outside the airport boundary the views of aircraft movements are excellent and at the western end of the airfield quite spectacular, with the Severn estuary several hundred feet below fronting the Welsh coast which on a clear day can be seen in considerable detail.

BRS is a frustating place for aviation aficionados to view or video aircraft from inside the terminal. For those not familiar with the airport the open air terrace which is 'airside' and from which Jerry filmed is the only area inside the terminal from where it's possible to get some limited view of the apron and runway area.
Yes frustratingly it does like Cardiff have some limited views! One of the reasons I like Edinburgh is because from the departure lounge and concourse you can see quite a lot which as an avgeek is a big bonus!

Another excellent trip video, Jerry. Thank you for posting it.

The full taxi and takeoff from my flight with Ryanair.
Thanks Jerry. Another good one.

Around 8.30 into the video it's possible to see the area where two new aircraft stands were built last winter - in front of the old terminal building (with the original control tower). The area is currently being used as an additional car park for the reason explained by Kingshat in the BRS Infrastructure thread.

Incidentally Jerry, do you hand-hold the camera when taking these long sequences? I presume that you don't. Either that or you have very steady hands.

Incidentally Jerry, do you hand-hold the camera when taking these long sequences? I presume that you don't. Either that or you have very steady hands.
I always try and use a holder that attaches to the window but this time the cabin crew wouldn't allow it, which happens, so I held it this time using my handheld tripod.
Thanks for watching!

Looks very much on the way in a couple of off airport parking sites. Do you know if I was correct or was it some thing not connected with airport.

easyport!

You did well there Jerry coping with that fence.

easyport!

You did well there Jerry coping with that fence.
Yes it was kind of spot the non orange plane! lol I will say that the A321 does look nice in Easyjet colours.
Yeah the fence can be a bit of a pain but unfortunately it's just something that has to be worked around. Thanks for watching.

Did well with recording regards fence,wind and wind noise not too much of a problem.Was there many there on the day you were there.

Did well with recording regards fence,wind and wind noise not too much of a problem.Was there many there on the day you were there.
Thanks.
There were a few there. It wasn't crowded but there was about 6 to 8 people there most of the time.
Whenever I've gone there, there is always people there. Some take photos and film others just watch the aircraft.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock