Route Development & Rumours

Advertisement

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
I read on another forum that due to the awful events in Iran, airlines usually hold fire for a few days to let the dust settle a little before announcing new routes. Is this correct ?
It could be any from a whole host of reasons but it's not uncommon for announcements to get pushed back. I remember Paul Kehoe commenting that Qatar had delayed the BHX announcement by a week, he didn't give any reasons as to why.

I don't think that we ever heard anything official from easyjet saying there was an announcement this week, it seems to have stemmed from the opinion of someone on another forum? Of course I have know idea how informed they are.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
As it stands at 19.21pm on Monday 13th January 2020, I do not feel very optimistic about the future of BHX.

In fact I feel so downbeat about the whole place it makes me very sad. :cry:

andrew.clarkson

Apr 18, 2013
Hi there Brumx, I totally agree with you on that, bhx can't fully rely on Jet2 and EasyJet at all, because if flybe do collapse, then whose going to soak up all 29 routes just like that, no one else will. It will be a disaster for bhx, this collapse has been caused by Virgin, Stobart Air and Cyrus capital, these are the ones that didn't properly look at flybe books, its a repeat of monarch. Andyc

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
this collapse has been caused by Virgin, Stobart Air and Cyrus capital, these are the ones that didn't properly look at flybe books
Flybe was in financial trouble before they got taken over, so I don't think you can put all the blame on them. When the takeover was announced, many speculated Flybe as it currently exists would go and be replaced by a feeder airline into Virgins ops at LHR & MAN. So far that hasn't happened.

I think its worth remembering which "league" BHX is in. As highly as many of us view BHX, either present or past, it's not in the same league as the larger airports. BHX has long been the leader of the regional airport (BRS, NCL, LPL, EMA, LBA, etc), and even now is still doing very well in comparison.

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
I think its worth remembering which "league" BHX is in. As highly as many of us view BHX, either present or past, it's not in the same league as the larger airports. BHX has long been the leader of the regional airport (BRS, NCL, LPL, EMA, LBA, etc), and even now is still doing very well in comparison.
And we should also remember that there is only one large airport in the UK that does not claim to be a London airport..

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
It could be any from a whole host of reasons but it's not uncommon for announcements to get pushed back. I remember Paul Kehoe commenting that Qatar had delayed the BHX announcement by a week, he didn't give any reasons as to why.

I don't think that we ever heard anything official from easyjet saying there was an announcement this week, it seems to have stemmed from the opinion of someone on another forum? Of course I have know idea how informed they are.
Perhaps Easyjet not commited to the Midlands airports. They dropped East Midlands a few years ago. They seemed to have cherry picked routes out of BHX that they could make money on.

Top Bottom