So before everyone gets over carried away about Monarch .They have just announced they will be Temporarily suspending their ongoing pursuit.In terms of they have suspended their on going process of restarting the airline.Which means it’s very likely they are trying to find slots,Airlines staff and aircraft while this is happening so doesn’t mean that are Flybe Part 2.What I can say is that the airline has been making good progress in terms of creating the livery and advertising for staff.

Let’s not worry ,Shake our heads and moan cause they haven’t started operations .Let’s be thankful that they haven’t got into Flybe’s boots.
They have run out of money within 2 weeks of there original announcement which says it all..

No aircraft, AOC, pilots, cabin crew, or any other staff of note appointments or advertised for, no contracts re engineering, handling, and no sign of a realistic plan but reckon to start up next spring. Just a web sight and maybe a connection with Love Holidays.

The words barge pole and dont touch spring to mind, my hat is ready to eaten 😋

Fair enough if things were rosie at the moment, economy, no war in Ukraine, no cost of living crisis and established airlines were not even more established, but this just isn't the right time for any new airline. And I include this Global Airlines outfit who plan on offering old A380 flights across the Atlantic from LGW. It just isn't going to work right now. I for one have had to go without a foreign holiday this year. The cost of it all just wasn't worth it for me personally and there are lots of people like me cutting back. I may book something for 2024 but I certainly won't be rushing into it until much later into 2024.

Can we please keep discussions to one thread. There is an ongoing discussion regarding Monarch in the Airline Forum https://forums4airports.com/threads/600/page-10#post-269386. Since the Monarch news broke, there have been posts in most airport forums that previously had MON services. By posting in the Airline forum, it keeps all discussion in one place and saves forum staff a lot of effort in moving posts.
Also, I don't understand why news about Monarch was posted in the BHX 'Airline, Airport and Route Advertising' thread.

Can we please keep discussions to one thread. There is an ongoing discussion regarding Monarch in the Airline Forum https://forums4airports.com/threads/600/page-10#post-269386. Since the Monarch news broke, there have been posts in most airport forums that previously had MON services. By posting in the Airline forum, it keeps all discussion in one place and saves forum staff a lot of effort in moving posts.
Also, I don't understand why news about Monarch was posted in the BHX 'Airline, Airport and Route Advertising' thread.
Sorry Kevin.I know how passionate you are about different forums

Sorry Kevin.I know how passionate you are about different forums
Not just me, but the other Staff too, along with Aviador (forum owner). We try to keep the forum neat and tidy, otherwise we end up with the same topic being discussed in numerous different threads (often with the same posts being repeated) and the forum rapidly descends into a mess.

Tbh Kevin and no disrespect to you, however the amount of scrutiny is equally off putting for many forumers. Talk about Forum Police and this is it. Yes I will try and post in the most suitable forum, however I am not going to be told where to post and I've mentioned this in the past. Also I'm not quite sure why you think posting this in the BHX is odd ? Monarch used to be one of BHX's biggest airlines so obviously the talk about them coming back is going to be of interest to BHX followers?

Tbh Kevin and no disrespect to you, however the amount of scrutiny is equally off putting for many forumers. Talk about Forum Police and this is it.
It's Aviador's wish that posts that are not specific to an airport, are posted in a more general thread. Here is his response to a similar discussion about the 'new' Monarch in the LBA > Monarch thread -

Any further updates on this will of course be in the Monarch thread in the main Airline Forum unless specifically related to LBA.

Also I'm not quite sure why you think posting this in the BHX is odd ?
What I found particularly odd, was that the post that started the discussion here regarding the 'new' Monarch was placed in the BHX > Airline, Airport and Route Advertising thread, rather than the BHX > Monarch thread.
My post above, was a polite notice to try and keep all posts regarding the 'new' Monarch in one place, rather than post in every airport forum that previously had Monarch services (often with the same press release or tweet posted multiple times across different airport forums).
It's not difficult for forum members (from whichever airport forum they usually visit) to step outside of that forum and look at others.

If Wrexham in League Two can be sponsored by United Airlines and Watford American Airlines. I will use Villa as they are in Europe Can't an airline sponsor them so ie agree a contract to fly Villa to Europe in exchange for say Advertising so let's say Turkish Airlines as I doubt it would be a low cost airline or even maybe Aeegean. I mean Wrexham are admittedly more well known and visited than Villa due to the documentary. If not Villa Can't an airline ask National Express for an Advert on the back of the Buses or side of the bus I've seen old images of buses with BA from Brum and TUi from Coventry on the side and a few years ago Vueling all over the back Windows of a Double Decker. People may see it and be like Oooh always wanted to go there Yeah that's cheap I'll give it a ago. Bus ads are the only reason I know they made Mama Mia 2 and The new Excorist Film. Mama Mia 2 was from the reflection of the bus I was on. Exorcist was on one parked up at Wolverhampton Bus Station. So if Pegasus or even if we got JetBlue they could maybe try although JetBlue I saw in the Metro advertising from LHR they were the Front or Back cover or both and I was on the bus to Wolverhampton. So again something like that would be nice. Or Billboards or something I've seen easyjet Billboards I think In Moxley and Darlaston

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock