Booked my 1st flight from Inverness today. Inverness to Bristol with Easyjet in August. With the exception of Anglesey it'll be the smallest airport i've flown from passenger numbers wise and means i'll have flown from all 4 main Scottish airports.
Used INV twice - in and out with easyJet about 15 years ago. I found it an exceptionally efficient and friendly airport to transit. We had a delay on our return flight and I feared the worst when 'indefinite delay' appeared on the screen. The original aircraft had gone tech and the airline sourced a replacement from another airport.

Not only that but the airport announcer kept us informed every few minutes about the situation even to the point that our replacement aircraft had just taken off and was on its way to INV. In the event the delay was less than three hours. Full marks to INV and no doubt to the easyJet representatives there who helped keep us informed.

Very little smartphone availability then for punters to keep themselves informed via FR24 and the like.

Are you spending the night in Inverness? It's a marvellous place in its own right as well as being extremely useful as a base for exploring the Highlands. Apart from our flights we've visited on a number of other occasions, both by train and by road.

Are you spending the night in Inverness?
2 nights. Coming up by train on the Tuesday after flying into Edinburgh on Monday evening from Cardiff with Loganair, going to see the Culloden battlefield on Tuesday afternoon then on the Wednesday i'm hiring a car for a day trip to John O'Groats. Going to Inverness and John O'Groats have been on my list of things i've wanted to do for a while so i'm combining the 2 in one trip. Hoping as well to fit in a little planespotting before my flight back on Thursday but the airport might be quieter than it used to be because of Covid.

2 nights. Coming up by train on the Tuesday after flying into Edinburgh on Monday evening from Cardiff with Loganair, going to see the Culloden battlefield on Tuesday afternoon then on the Wednesday i'm hiring a car for a day trip to John O'Groats. Going to Inverness and John O'Groats have been on my list of things i've wanted to do for a while so i'm combining the 2 in one trip. Hoping as well to fit in a little planespotting before my flight back on Thursday but the airport might be quieter than it used to be because of Covid.
Have a wonderful time. You will not be disappointed with the short itinerary that you have planned.

Inverness Airport is a super little airport. Very efficient and easy to get to from the centre of Inverness. Personally I would give the Culloden battlefield a miss because it's very expensive for what it is. Anyway. If you have time Fort George is not far from the airport and worth a visit and it's free. The Keswick Bridge and estuary offer some beautiful sights. If you are able to visit Cromarty on the Black Isle. Pictures in the Travel gallery here. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip whatever you end up doing. Also, one last thing. There is an area where Spotters go opposite the terminal on the otherside of the runway.

Inverness Airport is great used it once, very pleasant. Black Isle is lovely , possible Dolphins in the sea there and boat trips to view. The railway line from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh is very scenic. Get off at Plockton and eat at The Plockton Hotel, really beautiful views.

Inverness Airport is a super little airport. Very efficient and easy to get to from the centre of Inverness. Personally I would give the Culloden battlefield a miss because it's very expensive for what it is. Anyway. If you have time Fort George is not far from the airport and worth a visit and it's free. The Keswick Bridge and estuary offer some beautiful sights. If you are able to visit Cromarty on the Black Isle. Pictures in the Travel gallery here. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip whatever you end up doing. Also, one last thing. There is an area where Spotters go opposite the terminal on the otherside of the runway.
Thanks I'll have a look at seeing if I can do some of those. Making me think I should've added another day!

Do I detect a sign of being a Yorkshireman with that advice Aviador?

We found INV a delightful airport to use when we flew to and from about 15 years ago. I hope and suspect that it still is.

Work is now underway to create the new Inverness Airport station with the start of construction of the platforms at Dalcross.

The plans for the new £14m facility will see the construction of a two-platform station on the Aberdeen-Inverness line with step-free access, via a footbridge with lifts, on the site adjacent to Inverness airport.

The station will have 64 car parking spaces with 10 electric charging facilities, four disabled spaces and cycle parking. There will be a new access road to the station for motorists and access to both platforms for pedestrians and cyclists.

Inverness is a rather nice airport as several on here have mentioned. I also flew through it a number of years ago, and found it very pleasant.

So it is perhaps fitting that it is the only UK airport to be amongst the winners of the ' Airport Quality Service ' award for 2021 . Survey conducted by the Airport Council International . This survey is possibly a little more genuine than some which provide dubious results.

Awards recognise airports that continued their commitment to the customer during the ongoing pandemic​

Airports Council International (ACI) World has today revealed the recipients of this year’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards which celebrate and showcase the world’s best airports as voiced by travellers.
The COVID-19 pandemic continued to have a major impact on passenger traffic in 2021 with evolving health measures and a new set of expectations affecting how the airport experience is delivered and experienced. Despite the ongoing crisis, airports around the globe have continued to prioritize listening and adapting to the evolving needs of their customers through ASQ surveys.
From the data collected in 2021 from over 370,000 surveys, 110 awards have been won by 87 individual airports around the world. The award categories include Best Airports by Size (passengers per year) and Region, as well as Best Hygiene Measures by Region, of which there are 46 winners.
The new health and hygiene-related questions added to the survey questionnaire in 2020 allow airports to better understand the customer response to new health measures related to COVID-19 and the corresponding award category recognises airports that have successfully responded to them in the eyes of travellers.
The new hygiene category also complements ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation programme, which helps airports align their health measures with global standards and currently includes more than 300 airports.

View list of winning airports

After a second year of the pandemic, this year’s Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award winners are especially reflective of customer experience leadership during the most challenging time in our sector’s history,” ACI World Director General Luis Felipe de Oliveira said. “We are exceedingly proud of their stellar leadership in delivering the very best customer experience.
The basis of the ASQ surveys and the entire suite of solutions is continual learning and improvement to reach sustainable customer experience excellence. As the industry recovers, continuing to listen and adapt to travellers will be absolutely crucial to strengthening airports’ competitive advantage, non-aeronautical revenue, and ensuring the sustained recovery of the entire aviation ecosystem.”
For the second year, ACI World continues its long-term partnership with global travel technology company Amadeus to deliver the ASQ Awards. ACI and Amadeus will be celebrating the 2021 ASQ winners at an awards ceremony on 14 September 2022 in Krakow, Poland during the ASQ Forum & ACI Customer Experience Global Summit.
Elena Avila, EVP Airport IT & Airline Operations, Amadeus said: “There has never been a more important time for our industry to place the needs of passengers at the heart of everything we do. The ASQ Awards recognise airports that continue to make this crucial commitment despite the challenges our industry faces. We at Amadeus believe the passenger experience can be further transformed in the coming years through even closer airline and airport collaboration, underpinned by modern technologies like data analytics, common cloud infrastructure and biometrics.”
The Airport Service Quality programme is the world’s leading airport customer experience measurement and benchmarking programme. The ASQ Departures program measures passenger satisfaction across 34 key performance indicators. More than half of the world’s travellers pass through an ASQ airport.
ACI has continued to adapt the comprehensive quality control process to the ASQ Awards during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the highest quality when determining benchmarking and findings.

Montreal, 10 March 2022

Related articles

French startup Lorizon Aircraft plans to launch business charters between Lorient and Inverness, Scotland, and domestically to Paris, Toulon, and Lyon, with two E135s.

Inverness will be the first destination to be launched with thrice-weekly flights aimed at corporate clients, but a launch date has not been announced.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock