Surprised with Dalaman in winter.I wonder what weather is like around Dalaman.I have driven through Turkey many times on way to Middle east with a truck,and parts I have driven through have been bleak with lots of snow and very low tempertures.Perhaps TUI looking at ski rather than bucket and spade.
It might just be for part of the winter - say from February onwards. I think they were due to operate Keflavik this winter but it was then axed. It was originally shown as 2 x weekly this winter on TUI aircraft rather than taking seats on easyJet.

Tenerife flight returned with minor engine problem.

Today's TOM6508 from BRS to TFS got as far as south-west Cornwall and then returned to BRS 'as a precaution' when it experienced 'a minor technical problem with one of the two engines'.

The Post has turned it into an emergency landing and is demanding more information as it tries to link the issue with the recent 'extreme cross winds (that) caused terrifying scenes at Bristol Airport as planes came in to land'.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-airport-tui-emergency-landing-2176243

It might just be for part of the winter - say from February onwards. I think they were due to operate Keflavik this winter but it was then axed. It was originally shown as 2 x weekly this winter on TUI aircraft rather than taking seats on easyJet.

Yes I suspect that dalaman will be April 2020 only and given that they did not launch Reykjavik for this coming winter I'm a bit sceptical. I'm guessing long haul is not happening next winter ? Personally it's the summer 2020 I be more interested in.

Just rewinding the discussion a little. LGW, MAN and BHX are full time 787 bases. The regional 787 flights like EMA, DSA, BRS, GLA are all crewed from MAN LGW and BHX.

Couple of bits of information for people to digest. TUI will be adding two new ski routes for W19/20 plus they will base a third aircraft for the winter as well. One other thing is that the CUN will also have an extended season.

Excellent news. Any word on summer 2020 ?

There was talk a while back that bases that had B757 will be the first for the B737 MAX. That is all gone quiet so will wait and see if true.

Flights for winter 19/20 are out. Bit underwhelming considering the press release. Barely enough to cover two aircraft let alone the quoted three based aircraft. Montego Bay and Barbados return as single one offs and dalaman and Naples appear during April.

Flights are also out for summer 2020. On brief glance EXACTLY the same as summer 2019. Nothing new at all and no changes to frequency or even day of operation. Good news tho is that nothing as yet has been dropped.

Starting to get a bit concerned regarding the probable loss of capacity next summer and beyond considering the loss of both 757s and no replacement of lost capacity. I would have hoped to have seen some hint of what their plans were with these releases this morning

The only thing I can see that changes from Summer 2019 to Summer 2020 is on the 787 program.
In comparison to S19, Orlando moves to a Thursday (from Friday in S19) and Cancun to a Friday (from Saturday in S19). As Orlando moves to a Thursday, there will the need for 2x 787s to operate the schedule. One aircraft to operate DBV and LCA, and one to operate CUN!

This means that there will be the following 787 programme from BRS in S20:
Tue: CUN
Wed: SID
Thu: DBV, LCA / SFB (2x 787 required)
Fri: CUN

Looking at the rest of the 787 flights from the UK regions in S20;
EMA loses it's weekly flights to CUN and SFB,
DSA gains a weekly flight to CUN along with the weekly SFB starting in S19,
BHX gains a second weekly SFB, given them 8x long-haul flights per week. (2x 787 departures on a Tuesday)

Glasgow is having it's 757s replaced by 737s so it's quite probable BRS will be the same and be 4 737s.

Glasgow is having it's 757s replaced by 737s so it's quite probable BRS will be the same and be 4 737s.
I've been abroad for a few weeks and was out of touch with local events at home. Have TUI confirmed that the 757s won't be at BRS next summer and will be replaced by 738s? If that is the case, as Marko points out, it will mean a significant drop in seat provision.

With Thomas Cook looking vulnerable - at least in the sense that their painful summer 2018 experience to the summer sun generally (not just from BRS) might lead to a reduction in their offering next summer - BRS's reliance, and stated preference, on existing airline partners might have to be re-evaluated.

I've been abroad for a few weeks and was out of touch with local events at home. Have TUI confirmed that the 757s won't be at BRS next summer and will be replaced by 738s? If that is the case, as Marko points out, it will mean a significant drop in seat provision.

With Thomas Cook looking vulnerable - at least in the sense that their painful summer 2018 experience to the summer sun generally (not just from BRS) might lead to a reduction in their offering next summer - BRS's reliance, and stated preference, on existing airline partners might have to be re-evaluated.
I honestly don't know. I don't think it's been confirmed yet whether BRS will still have the 757s next summer.

4 x b737 versus 2xb757 and 2x b737 means capacity drop. No sign of any increases to compensate. Hardly a ringing endorsement of growth by existing carriers is it though ? Surely something will change ?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock