Looks like we are getting a 2nd Lourdes Pilgrimage flight on behalf of "The Diocese of Hallam". This charter has in previous years operated from Doncaster-Sheffield but looks to be moving up to Leeds/Bradford for 2023. There tour is been organised by Joe Walsh Tours whom normally use Albastar Airways Boeing 737 aircraft for its charter flights.

Departs = Friday, June 30th
Returns = Thursday, July 6th

As previously posted this years annual "Leeds Diocese" pilgrimage is been operated by Tagney Tours and the charter flights will be operated by Titan Airways, Airbus aircraft

Departs = Friday, July 7th
Returns = Thursday, July 13th

Quite mad, really. The Albastar operating for JWT arrives from LDE at LBA and presumably positions out empty on 6 July, and then the Titan aircraft positions in to LBA empty to fly from LBA to LDE on the following day. You suspect Greta would have a thing or two to say about it ....

Hotelplan-owned brand Santa’s Lapland have put their festive Santa breaks on sale for departures in 2024 with 5x departures avaible from Leeds/Bradford using Jet2 Boeing 737-800's to Ivalo

November-December 2024 Leeds/Bradford - Ivalo charter flights programme by Jet2.com

Wednesday, November 27th
LS2160 = LBA 07:15 – IVL 13:00 / ----------------------------------
Friday, November 29th
LS2160 = LBA 07:15 – IVL 13:00 / LS2161 = IVL 14:00 – LBA 15:50
Monday, December 2nd
Wednesday, December 4th
Friday, December 6th
Monday, December 9th
---------------------------------- / LS2161 = IVL 14:00 – LBA 15:50

#Leeds#Charters

Quite mad, really. The Albastar operating for JWT arrives from LDE at LBA and presumably positions out empty on 6 July, and then the Titan aircraft positions in to LBA empty to fly from LBA to LDE on the following day. You suspect Greta would have a thing or two to say about it ....
Makes me wonder why they don't pool their resources and charter a single, larger aircraft for both groups. I'm sure it would be cheaper.

Makes me wonder why they don't pool their resources and charter a single, larger aircraft for both groups. I'm sure it would be cheaper.
In the past we've had a Corsair 747 doing this charter, and that was just for the Leeds diocese. And a TriStar.
Does seem odd but it's probably down to hotel availability at Lourdes and the fact the bookings were made when DSA existed. Now DSA is closed, they might combine Leeds and Sheffield in future years, with a bigger terminal, on a bigger aircraft, assuming of course that LBA is equipped to handle it on the apron.

In the past we've had a Corsair 747 doing this charter, and that was just for the Leeds diocese. And a TriStar.
Does seem odd but it's probably down to hotel availability at Lourdes and the fact the bookings were made when DSA existed. Now DSA is closed, they might combine Leeds and Sheffield in future years, with a bigger terminal, on a bigger aircraft, assuming of course that LBA is equipped to handle it on the apron.
I remember the 747. Took ages to get pax on board as many were disabled. No doubt disembarking on their return was much faster as they would all have been cured!

Lourdes is a fascinating airport with multiple retired aircraft, including A380's waiting to be scrapped so worth the trip just for that.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock